• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX NC1 Interior Discussion

No, there's two of us. :D I feel like the C7 captured the essence of what Corvette is and can be. It was the only Vette that ever captured my interest. I like that they are trying to deliver the mid-engine performance experience to the masses, but it just doesn't do it for me. I vastly prefer the NC1, but it is a different car aimed at a different owner, even though the performance between the two will be close. I do with they would spruce up the NC1 interior tho...

I am really curious why people don't like the interior of the NC1. I find that the materials speak to quality. The aluminum in the center and on the doors has a nice look and integrates well. The drive buttons are very intuitive and well placed. While the center stack screen is not too large and is well integrated. The steering wheel is great and the carbon fiber trim on the top of the instrument cluster blends nicely with the leather dash. The aluminum for the foot rest and the pedals looks and feels good. The seats (I have the all leather upgrade with no Alcantara) are super comfortable and fit like a glove. The doors are nicely trimmed with leather, and alcantara. The roof is nicely done in alcantara. What else are folks looking for? Help me out here. What am I missing? I really don't think Porsche 911 Turbo S has changed over the years and to me looks dated and very generic across all 911s. The Audi R8 has quilted leather seats which frankly I don't particularly care for. Otherwise it only has the one screen for the driver. What am I missing here? Lack of graphics?

Last edited:
In general I'm with you [MENTION=6718]drmanny3[/MENTION]. I like the interior of the NSX--the seats are damn near perfect, and the ergonomics of the controls are really good. And having driven Acuras since 1997, I don't find the "Honda parts bin" layout or controls to be a detriment, quite the opposite in fact.

That being said, I understand where the complaints come from. The infotainment system and its screen are downright old. What you call aluminum, which looks like silver plastic to me, is passable but does look cheap. I would have been much happier if the interior carbon fiber package replaced all those bits with CF. The cupholders are an obvious afterthought and pretty much an embarrassment.

My biggest complaint, though, is that the overall design of the interior is very, very obviously not as well-done as the exterior. Every line, curve, swoop, and flourish on the outside flows with and complements the rest of the design--and nothing is extraneous, because everything serves to support the function of performance. On the interior, it seems like more of a hodge-podge where some lines and curves were designed by one person and others by another person, or maybe that the whole thing was done by committee. As a whole, it doesn't flow even though there are elements of greatness and the materials are generally high-quality.

OK, so what is an example of a interior that was done right, in this price range?

It's not in this price range, but my ZDX has a fabulous interior. Honestly, you can tell they put as much effort and attention into it as Acura did with the exterior of the NSX.

172bd1e9-664c-4d05-b0d6-22f8782ee7ec
This is what you folks think is better than the current NSX?

f1649176-9828-411a-869c-f126db4cbb36

Attachments

• 2014-Acura-Zdx-Interior.jpg
    2014-Acura-Zdx-Interior.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Not the best photo, that aside, I just don’t get why you would think the zdx interior is superior to the NSX. I guess I am just too old and can no longer see things as they are.

Attachments

• E9D2AC53-D58A-4B6A-B11B-74BCCDB2CBFC.jpg
    E9D2AC53-D58A-4B6A-B11B-74BCCDB2CBFC.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
One comment Cheap materials....no upgrades since 2016

Bram

OK, I will bite, specifically what do you consider to be cheap materials? As for upgrades to the interior, take a look at the Porsche 911 Turbo S (a definite competitor). That interior has not changed for many years? The R8 went through a change but not until a number of years had passed.

haha I have infected everyone.......

OK, I will bite, specifically what do you consider to be cheap materials? As for upgrades to the interior, take a look at the Porsche 911 Turbo S (a definite competitor). That interior has not changed for many years? The R8 went through a change but not until a number of years had passed.

The issue is more perception/impression based, and supported by misinformation.

The central controls such as cabin temp look like they came from another Acura and are plastic. The design is actually very intuitive for use. But someone said they look cheap and were lifted from $35k cars and that stuck.

The aluminum elements were/are often incorrectly referred to as plastic (cheap).

Some folks yap about the leather quality, and I find those yaps to be inaccurate.

Nobody seems to pick up on how nice the carpeting is.

The Nav screen/system complaints (resolution, response, feature limitations) are a given so concede that point. It works fine for me but it could have been better.

The materials used for covering the sun visors could also have been nicer.

The cup holders get pinged as well.

I would have thought more interior storage would have been worked out. The lower interior door panels are huge (supposedly designed to keep you in place during spirited driving) and look like bins could have been integrated into them.

No height adjustment for the seats was also a mistake.

C8 vs NSX comparison

ZDX ? Maybe it’s just me and doc, but no way better than the NC1.

I don’t think it’s close to the X5 cabin.

50957692cb3b257604304f1bef0c4e6f.jpg

ef5f06eee4a48d5ea26d0ba42bf8ecd9.jpg

I like the cup holders. Better then my buddies Huracan and 488.

654da08a4324b8042addc5ca87365af3.gif

It makes for the, “honey I’ll grab you a Starbucks” cruise easy.
8eaecf5c2b24def7484b7ff7a34e512c.jpg

Last edited:

No debate, you asked a question, and I give you my opinion and I'm pretty sure others on here feels the same way.

Bram

That’s the beauty of the market these days. Buyers have plenty of choices, well unless you want a hybrid sports car.

That X5 interior looks HORRIBLE, like embarrassingly bad for a vehicle that costs that much. Yikes!

I do understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion with respect to what a super car’s interior should look like. I am active on the Facebook NSX page and can appreciate their insistence that only current Owens of the 2017-2021 NSX are allowed to participate. If you sell your car you are booted off the page. I thought at first that seemed rather harsh. However the feeling is that there are too many people that don’t have a vested interest in the car, and they should not participate. While that is counter to NSXPrime, I do understand. I don’t mind criticism, and one could argue that all opinions have value. I just don’t believe all opinions are valuable. In all fairness I should not offer my opinion on the Chevy Corvette given I have not owned one for decades. It is a quandary. Just saying

C8 vs NSX comparison

@DJ I take it you don’t own. I’ve had quite a few and find it to be the perfect all around vehicle.

It’s as quick as the NSX in a straight line, can load up dogs, kids, customers, jet skis, and even tow the fast car if I don’t feel like driving it to the track.

One mans junk is another mans treasure.

OP: sorry for hijacking the thread, back to topic.

Last edited:
***MODERATOR NOTE***

Created new thread, as the C8 discussion was getting derailed.

I do understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion with respect to what a super car’s interior should look like. I am active on the Facebook NSX page and can appreciate their insistence that only current Owens of the 2017-2021 NSX are allowed to participate. If you sell your car you are booted off the page. I thought at first that seemed rather harsh. However the feeling is that there are too many people that don’t have a vested interest in the car, and they should not participate. While that is counter to NSXPrime, I do understand. I don’t mind criticism, and one could argue that all opinions have value. I just don’t believe all opinions are valuable. In all fairness I should not offer my opinion on the Chevy Corvette given I have not owned one for decades. It is a quandary. Just saying

That's the balance we have to strike. Thus far, I think this discussion has been ok. People can have opinions, and certainly an owner's opinion is probably going to carry more weight than someone who read an internet article. I think it's ok to have the diversity of opinions, so long as everyone is civil and respectful about it. Thus far, we've seen that in this thread (which makes me happy), so I'm allowing it to continue.

Back