• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX NC1 Interior Discussion

I welcome everyone's opinions here.

Were I a manufacturer I'd be interested in the opinions of those who bought my cars and also the opinions of those who considered my cars but bought someone else's instead. You can learn from both.

I have nothing to add but thanks to honcho for the pita/taken for granted moderation!

I’m fine with the interior. Set the car play and look out the window for the next curve.
Yet at this price I think more carbon should be standard. All the silver interior should be carbon.

I would want the following upgrades to make the interior just right:

• All silver trim to be in stitched padded leather, carbon, aluminum or something other than what it currently is.
  • Billet aluminum door handles and paddle shifters.
  • Billet aluminum drive mode selector dial with built in start/stop button (like concept car).
  • Power window switch trim to be color matched with door latch trim.
  • Durable soft touch coating on all switch-gear.
  • Additional ambient lighting.
  • Colored stitching.
  • Upgrade window switches and paddle shifters switches with ones that have better tactile feel.
  • Upgrade the NAV screen and gauge cluster to a higher res.

Once at this level, I feel the interior would be up to par if not better than its competition in the same price point.

I don't think the interior of the NC1 is bad, but I wouldn't say it's good. I think it looks bulky. I don't like the door cards, especially the arm rest/speakers. They kind of stick out really far and it looks weird to me. The door handles are nice, but also look kind of huge. The infotainment is obviously behind the competition.

nsx.jpg

I think the Lexus LC500 has a really nice interior and the Audi R8. Audi really nailed the virtual cockpit screen for gauges and it doesn't need a center screen, which will help it not look dated. Honda/Acura was just really far behind on the infotainment tech side.

Last edited:
The NC1 interior looks tacky with those cheap and gaudy plastic/metal dash and door "wings". Instead of being business-like like the Gen 1 NSX's, it looks like grandmom's SUV. The NC1 concept's interior looked right on but unfortunately some Honda guys decided to add those oversized bright pieces. It is a deal breaker for me and I decided to buy something else with a much cleaner interior. The NC1's interior is not unsalvageable though, perhaps with all the silvery stuffs covered with leather or carbon fibers.
nsx concept interior.jpg
Steve

I’m fine with the interior. Set the car play and look out the window for the next curve.

This ^^^ -- I haven't mastered the art of driving and simultaneously looking at a car's interior.

Back