• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX OEM CD Changer Question

Hi everyone,

After following the link :

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Accessories/sound.htm
(What is the OEM CD Changer?),

there are two pictures at the top of the screen showing the rebadged Alpine unit. Can anyone tell me what the actual Alpine designation of the unit shown is? Is it one of the units listed below (this list is copied from further down the same web page).

Model numbers known to work include:

Alpine 5960 - Original unit re-badged as Acura and sold for $1000
Alpine CHM-S600 - Acura unit starting in 1995. Replaced quickly with the S601.
Alpine CHM-S601 - Same as S600, just faster
Alpine CHM-S604
Apline CHM-S611
Alpine CHM-S620 - As of late '99 the replacement model for the S600 and S601 series.

The reason I am asking this question is that I am trying to repair a couple of units and if I can get the actual designation, then I can buy the correct service manual for them from Alpine.

Many thanks

Scott (from the UK)

You answered your own question in your post.

It's the 5960.
Do you have the units to be repaired in your possession yet? If so do they have a model number on them?

Hugh

Thanks Hugh for the reply.

I have one of the units, but there are no labels either on the case or inside on the electronic assembly/mechanism.

However, now I know exactly which model it is I can order the correct manual and get them working properly. I've been trying to get the information for a few weeks from other sources, without success. But hey, sorted now!

Scott

Back