• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx on "101 cars you must drive" on speed

next week on the new episode of "101 cars you must drive" there is going to be an nsx on, check speed tv for play times, etc:smile:

I just watched an episode of that on speed. Holy crap, where do they find these guys to host their shows? Just awful. That said, I will still watch the nsx episode :biggrin:

lol, i dont know where they found that guy, but adam corolla was talking about him the other day, he seems to know a little something about cars, but hell probably say the nsx is "underpowered":tongue:

I saw the preview of the show too. The red NSX sound pretty cool. Anyone own that NSX?

would think that, but alonso and adam corolla say it really moves in the snippet from the corolla show on the other thread about this show a few topics down.

hey wolff, is your car a 3.2 or a 3.0?

i just watched the nsx segment...and i guess it was pretty good? it seems like it was the high points on all these cars, not the bad parts of them? very non-technical and not very exciting...

notes: i'm sure he said it started in the early models as a 2.0L with 270hp
and later models got a 3.0L with 290hp...

mistakes? i would think so.

Disappointing. :frown:

According to the show, Honda started out with a 2 liter that they added VTEC to, to get 270 HP. Later the car was "juiced up" to 3 liters and put out just under 300 HP. It was mentioned that the motor was just like the other Honda V6's, didn't say anything about titanium conn rods.

They quote a 0-60 under 5 seconds and a 1/4 mile of 12.4 seconds.

They did get the fact that the car was made from aluminum, body and suspension.

They said it is a good investment, and is reliable as some NSX owners have driven their cars 300,000 miles or more. And it's a Honda, so it can be repaired at an Acura dealer.

Too bad they didn't get all the facts straight. Oh, well.

Just watched it. It was a positive report, with not much technical info. Some of what was given was not correct. He indicated that the later cars motors grew to 3.0 liters rather than 3.2. It was slightly entertaining though. I would have loved them to have someone show what it could really do on the track.

Nate in DC

i just watched the nsx segment...and i guess it was pretty good? it seems like it was the high points on all these cars, not the bad parts of them? very non-technical and not very exciting...

notes: i'm sure he said it started in the early models as a 2.0L with 270hp
and later models got a 3.0L with 290hp...

mistakes? i would think so.

Damn!! I missed the first 7 minutes so I didn't get to see the NSX segment. Will have to see if it comes on again later this week.

darn i saw every car except the NSX

Disappointing. :frown:

According to the show, Honda started out with a 2 liter that they added VTEC to, to get 270 HP. Later the car was "juiced up" to 3 liters and put out just under 300 HP. It was mentioned that the motor was just like the other Honda V6's, didn't say anything about titanium conn rods.

They quote a 0-60 under 5 seconds and a 1/4 mile of 12.4 seconds.

They did get the fact that the car was made from aluminum, body and suspension.

They said it is a good investment, and is reliable as some NSX owners have driven their cars 300,000 miles or more. And it's a Honda, so it can be repaired at an Acura dealer.

Too bad they didn't get all the facts straight. Oh, well.

Also the statement that the NSX is selling for more used than it did new and that it was designed by Pininfarina. Great car, not exactly a great factual review. Oh well good press at least..

I just watched the segment on the NSX. I've seen better videos on youtube.

Yeah the host is a douche.

Back