• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Owner in the making...

Whoa nelly.... quite the garage and waaaay too clean! :smile:

Your paint looks GREAT and I love those CF side intakes.

Nice pics, thanks for circling back on that.
Enjoy- though I'm not sure how you will find the time with the rest of the harem! :mad: :biggrin:

I've found lots of NSX driving time lately! A fun and very rewarding car.

Whoa nelly.... quite the garage and waaaay too clean! :smile:

Your paint looks GREAT and I love those CF side intakes.

HA! Good thing you can't see the 'not so clean' end!

I wasn't sure on those cf intakes at first, but like them with this color. They polished up nicely too.

I had the windows tinted in 35% though (after removing some near limo dark) and am not sure on that. Kinda wish I'd seen it with no tint. Thoughts?

Nice pics, thanks for circling back on that.
Enjoy- though I'm not sure how you will find the time with the rest of the harem! :mad: :biggrin:

LOL... I want a harem like that...

Mighty cool to know. THAT is a hugely beneficial 'Plan B' should I need it. Thanks.

I have a Pantera (talk about old school) with Campy 8" fronts/10" rears, fully manual rack of course. If I tried to parallel park it, I would have to hire bystanders. So the manual NSX would FEEL like power steering by comparison! Really appreciate the tip.

I would be afraid of curbing my Campy clones on my Pantera if I was parallel parking...not to mention manual steering (which is fine even with my Momo steering wheel as long as I'm rolling a little).

FINALLY cleaned the car up a little bit and got some photos. Before we dive in to those, couple notes on "stuff I've done" in the past couple weeks or so.

1. Got my odd power mirror issue resolved. Switch was the cure, $160 installed, more than a lot of you DIY'ers would put up with, but I just didn't have the time. It works, I'm happy.

2. Tech noted "air filter was dirty". I have no idea why they didn't quote me a repair, but I pulled it later and it looked like the one on my Shop Vac after a hearth cleaning. VERY soiled. I mean, like 'not believable'. Ordered a Beck Arnley for $34. In the meantime, did a 'Porsche air box' upgrade...

3. Drilled 140 holes in the bottom/sides of the air box, neatly I might add. Yes, I know about the 'hot air' debate, some being ironically of the same name. Yet it changed the intake note enough to notice. I now stomp the car in 3rd so often, I'm practicing what I'm going to tell the nice policeman.

4. Cleaned, fully detailed my trunk. See other thread, "A funk in my trunk". Water intrusion and lamp condensation gone... we hope!

5. Washed, clayed, polished, waxed the exterior. Man these cars were painted well. Paint looks nice, had some scratches in most every panel, and I'm not a 'great' detailer, but I enjoy it. Used Meguir's Ultimate, Griot's Polish 3, Best of Show wax. Didnt' use glaze on this car. Paint still quite nice.

6. Bought some OEM 17, 16 wheels. Ordered new tires. Those should be in this week. So the Works Razax 18, 19s will be for sale.

And here's the car as it sits now....

Can I drive the Pantera and the 512TR??!! :biggrin:

Back