• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R Facelift

http://ascii24.aleph.co.jp/motor-show2001/html/yh1_IMG_0011005.html

yh1_IMG_0011005.jpg

I apologize if this has been posted before, but it was just posted to the main NSX list and I haven’t seen it before.

Hm, so this is it, eh? Looks, hm, ok. I think I like mine better.

The JDM cars have blinkers in behind the fender lip, and US cars in front of the lip. I agree, we'll likely see blinkers in the front.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Wow! I guess that means those original photos posted a while back where accurate.
what a concepT!
biggrin.gif

I think it will boost sales for Acura regardless. Many people like to have the newest thing to show off, hideous or not. I think it looks ok and would look better in person, but I hesitate to consider any body upgrades until I see it in person.

I'm looking forward to see a listing of all the wight reduction done to the car and how it differs from the original NSXR. It may give us some more ideas.

The hood is interesting. Is the spare tire supposed to fit under it with that scoop?

Yes, that's a 17" up front. The babelfish translation of the ascii24.com website says:

The aluminum wheel you adopt 17 inches of type R private light weight, as for the front tire as for the 215/40ZR17 and the rear have become the 255/40ZR17.

It also mentions carbon MOMO seats and carbon engine cover.

I could see it now. As soon as someone sees this car on the road, they're gonna ask: "Hey, is that the all new NSX with V8 and 400hp?"

Just the other day, a guy flagged me down and asked me if my NSX was the new NSX with the V8 and if it had 500hp.

Originally posted by Bryan:
Yes, that's a 17" up front. The babelfish translation of the ascii24.com website says:

The aluminum wheel you adopt 17 inches of type R private light weight, as for the front tire as for the 215/40ZR17 and the rear have become the 255/40ZR17.

okay, so I wonder if the nsx community could then persuade some tire manufacturers out there, like hoosier, to come up with an appropriate r compound combination taking into consideration the 17" fronts?

It has the front blinkers built in to the light housing (like the RSX) don't think they would put another set in the bumper.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

I agree, when I first saw it I thought to myself "What a moron, he posted a pic of a 3000GT...wait...crap..That IS an NSX..."
They're not that bad though. It gives the historically generic front end of the NSX a more aggressive look with a little more character even if it DOES look like a 3000GT.
As long as it kicks holy ass I dont care.

------------------
'91 Black/Black #1213
Dali Clutch/Flywheel
Comptech Sway Bars
RM Cold Air Intake
Taitec JGTC Center Exit Exhaust
Comptech SS Brake Lines
Carbotech Panther Plus Pads (Front)
Hawk Blue (HT90) Pads (Rear)
Comptech Harness Bar and Simpson 4 point Harness
Comptech Coilovers with Koni 1 way adjustable shocks
Brembo 12.9" Rotor's with brembo 4 Piston Lotus Caliper
Racing Hart CP-035-R Custom offset wheels
2 piece fully forged and welded (currently the ONLY set in the world)

The long awaited facelift of the NSX-R has finally came around but I am not impressed. I think the Marga Hills body kit looks just as good. Anyone agree with me?

mvc-005f.jpg

I believe this body style looks better. The lights and that front spoiler have it going on! Also, what ever happened to making the NSX an 8-cylinder?

200106-automobile-1.jpg

[This message has been edited by 1TITENSX (edited 20 November 2001).]

[This message has been edited by 1TITENSX (edited 20 November 2001).]

This NSX is just a face lift, not a complete re-design. Like what Mistubishi did to the 3000GT, and what most car manufacturers do to freshen up the styling a little bit. The entirely new NSX is still not out yet, and is what the automobile magazine is referring to, which is rumored to have a V8.

Ryan

Are you trying to compare using the artist's conception from Automobile magazine last June?

Now that we've seen photos of the real thing, why are you using that for comparison?

Back