• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R Front Chassis Reinforcement Bars - Install issue

Anyone with the NSX-R Front Chassis Reinforcement Bars,
https://www.scienceofspeed.com/inde...t/nsx-r-front-chassis-reinforcement-bars.html

I installed these years ago per instructions with no issues at the time.
Trackspec just did a noise issue repair and during the search for the noise found the lower chassis bar rubbing the front sway bar.
So they removed the spacer from the sway bar. You can see the spacer the SOS 4th pic. It's under the green clamp.

Is this something that needed to be removed or modified for the chassis bar install? Or is it a result of installing KW v3's and lowering the car?
The car feels solid and there aren't any other issues. Trackspec did say that they could have changed the end links on the sway bar as another way of addressing the rub.

TIA
Rich Wong

You may want to look into getting this. I bought this thinking my sway was hitting too, but it turned out it wasn't. It's just a spacer kit for the lower bar. If I remember correctly, it drops the lower bar below the battery tray (instead of above it)...
http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2255

"Some of you guys want it all - the PHAT SWAY BARS, the Type-R Chassis Bars too - and all without that embarrassing squeak when parts that work together rub together without the right kinda "elbow grease" - YIKES! we can't have that. Simple yet effective, our spacer kit drops the lower Type-R chassis bar out of the range of motion of the swaybar. Even you can install them. Kit contains 2 6061-T6 spacers, 2 custom made heat treated and plated Grade 10.5 bolts and 2 hardened washers. Please note this IS NOT a factory part. It is just another product of our fetid imaginations."

Last edited:
I had the same issue with the Type R lower chassis bar rubbing on the AM sway bar so I installed the GT Spec bar it has a slight bend in it so it doesnt touch the sway I liked this option more than the spacers as that was an area for flex as the bar now has longer bolts

Back