• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx-r Gt

nsxrgt05_01.jpg

nsxrgt05_02.jpg

nsxrgt05_03.jpg

Honda-NSX-R-GT_450.jpg

Excuse me!!!!!
Did I just see that!..... :eek:
It's not right!.......
Is it for real.
I mean look at that thing!
seriously come on, for real!
can't be
Don't know what to say! :rolleyes:
I m speechless!..
let me go to the washroom brb :biggrin:

Nobody has to like it...only 5 built, all spoken for...Honda only made them so they could make some alterations to their JGTC cars.

yeah only 5 units will be made...and the price is going to be $500.000

for $500.000 you might as well get...

Bugatti EB110
Koenigsegg CCR
Porsche Carrera GT
Pagani Zonda
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Isdera Commendatore 112i
Saleen S7
Ferrari F50
Lamborghini Diablo SE30
Lamborghini Murcielago

Like I said, though, this wasn't meant to be a car that everyone likes - it's just a clever way for Honda to be able to make some changes to their JGTC cars. Their JGTC cars have to be based on a production model, and they wanted to make some changes so they had to make that production model to base it off of. They made the bare minimum, and priced them really high. All 5 are spoken for, and it'd be a miracle if you saw one outside on the streets anyway. It's kind of like the Maserati MC12 story...Maserati wanted a car on the GT circuit, but they had to design and build a "street" version before they could put one on the track. Hence the MC12 program, where only 25 street cars were built so they could make the MC12 GT.

AutoEuphoria said:
Like I said, though, this wasn't meant to be a car that everyone likes - it's just a clever way for Honda to be able to make some changes to their JGTC cars. Their JGTC cars have to be based on a production model, and they wanted to make some changes so they had to make that production model to base it off of. They made the bare minimum, and priced them really high. All 5 are spoken for, and it'd be a miracle if you saw one outside on the streets anyway. It's kind of like the Maserati MC12 story...Maserati wanted a car on the GT circuit, but they had to design and build a "street" version before they could put one on the track. Hence the MC12 program, where only 25 street cars were built so they could make the MC12 GT.

How is that clever? Seems more like a cowards way to make changes for their race car. The MANLY way to do with would have been to create a true supercar.

How can you possibly compare a MC12 600+ HP monster to a NSX-R with ugly body panels and a pathetic 290HP engine for $500,000!

I wasn't comparing the two...it's the same tactic used by the two companies. Yeah, the price is rediculous for what you get, but it's such a low production run anyways, so who cares? The people who got them are probably directly linked to Honda and Honda racing, and they'll probably end up in a garage or a museum and won't move more than 10 miles in their lifetimes. It's not a coward thing to do if you want to win...they want to win, and they saw things that needed improvement to do that. In order to make the improvements they had to be on a street car. Now they're on a street car, so they can make the improvements, and go on and win more in the series.

And yes, a 600+ HP MR Honda Supercar would be amazing to see, but that would take a hell of a lot more time to engineer and produce than just a few different body panels.

NetViper said:
How is that clever? Seems more like a cowards way to make changes for their race car. The MANLY way to do with would have been to create a true supercar.

How can you possibly compare a MC12 600+ HP monster to a NSX-R with ugly body panels and a pathetic 290HP engine for $500,000!

It may be cowardly, but that's how many companies do it. It almost seems like standard practice.

I've had dreams that Honda would release an NSX-R GT but this isn't quite what I had in mind. I was thinking of back a few years ago what Posrche did with the 993 GT2. It was basically a race car with street-legal tires. It's always been my hope that Honda would just take the GT-500 race car, detune it a bit for road and daily use, and call it the NSX-R GT. Sadly, it did not happen the way I though.

Last edited:
AutoEuphoria said:
And yes, a 600+ HP MR Honda Supercar would be amazing to see, but that would take a hell of a lot more time to engineer and produce than just a few different body panels.

I don't see why they could not have put a detuned version of the JFTC turbo C30 in the NSX-R GT. Shouldn't take really any more time or very little.

NetViper said:
I don't see why they could not have put a detuned version of the JFTC turbo C30 in the NSX-R GT. Shouldn't take really any more time or very little.

Probably too much money to R & D the detuning of a race engine for daily reliability.

Ok! all I have to say is that I can not buy one and I will not put any of those accessoires on my car!.... I like to see how it is on arodynamic body panels are!...... :biggrin:

So.. The JGTC is someting like NASCAR!
Hard to believe, but this is exactly how cars like the Plymouth Superbird, and that grotesque rear wing came to be.
If they wanted to run the car in the racing series there had to be a production varient with similar features. NASCAR did it a little better (surprise!) for the manufacturers customers because there needed to be a few hundred rather than just a few (like Hondas NSX-R GT, and the "Longnose" 350z varients built for the JGTC) This allowed some Superbirds to fall into the hands of customers, and they are worth $$ today.

Even if I had the cash I would NOT want this ugly duckling NSX! Honda definently took a mully on this one. Why not improve the whole platform and give enthusiasts a new car, along with increasing viability within the race series? This is a band-aid when they really need surgery.

You would think that diminished results in racing would be an indicator to the manufacturer that they need to re-evaluate their place on the performance curve, sadly Honda seems to think this means their race car is the only thing that needs improvement.

Philip

I love the NSX, but it is sad to see the production car being neglected after all the fanfare it had at introduction.

I like the front bumper OK and the side skirts. The rear diffuser is just what the car needs, IMO, and I have not heard many who dislike the rear wing. The only body parts which I don't care for are the 'cartoon style' scoops. The rest of it would look good on my '91 :wink:
Certainly not a new car, but nice updates to an old classic :cool:, which might inspire some new aftermarket body work!

:confused:
I think the NSX-R GT is gorgous... but then 9 out of 10 stock NSX owners here would disagree with me. So what? besides the Un-specified engine spec, the GT looks awsome. Most people think their stock NSXs are the best looking, so something look better than what they owned then they have a hard time accepting it. Just human nature!!!

96GoldNSX said:
:confused:
I think the NSX-R GT is gorgous...
That doesn't suprise me one bit.

Gold, where's that avatar I made for you? I spent extra time making it right for you, as you asked, and you still haven't used it. :confused:

KGP said:
That doesn't suprise me one bit.

Gold, where's that avatar I made for you? I spent extra time making it right for you, as you asked, and you still haven't used it. :confused:

It didn't show up. All I saw was a red X. But thanks for your effort though. :wink:

You must have looked in the wrong place. Look again. FWIW, your creation looks as good as the NSX-R GT's snorkle. :smile:

This is what the NSX-R GT should have looked like....exactly like this:

Back