• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Registry on Prime is one year old !!

Lud and I are excited to announce the first anniversary of the NSX Registry on Prime. After many years of discussion and debate about the creation of an NSX Registry on Prime, we settled on a design/implementation strategy and one year ago this month, the NSX Registry was born as an extension of the Wiki with the creation of a new structure and the first few Registry pages. Rather than announce it at that time, we chose to test and pre-load it with entries. Each VIN has it's own Wiki page. And now, a year later, I'm happy to announce that we have in excess of 1000 VINs in the Registry, which is approximately 1 out of ever 9 sold in North America with more being added every day!

Just to clarify, this is not really a "registry of NSX owners" but rather a "registry of NSX sightings by VIN". The content is all 'public sources' which include things like eBay, AutoTrader, Craigslist, Cars.com, insurance industry auction sites, and (of course) NSXPrime discussion threads, and For Sale forums. By focusing on public sources, rather than on current owner information, we believe that many of the potential security issues can be avoided, although current owner information can be included to various degrees for anyone who doesn't perceive that to be an issue. We also chose not to 'pre-load' the Registry with the list of valid VINs that was created a number of years ago. However, all VINs were checked for validity during the creation of the corresponding Wiki page. I also chose to give an additional measure of security to the Zanardi VINs by using an X as the check digit, unless the full VIN had appeared in a public source.

So, where is the Registry and how do you access it? It's actually been 'hidden in plain view' within the Wiki for the past year and some of you may have accidentally bumped into it. You can access the Registry's main
page at http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Category:NSXRegistry which describes why we created the Registry and some sample grouping of VINs that might be of interest. We didn't provide a search function because
you can just use Google and you will be hiperlinked directly to the corresponding VIN page if there is one.

Who benefits from the Registry? There's really very little benefit for existing owners, but the largest benefit is for people looking for any historical information (other than CARFAX or equivalent) on a VIN they might be considering. This may include previous owners or Prime members looking to become owners again. There may also be some benefit to
those looking for specific models or colors that have been grouped. For years, people have maintained lists of information on particular combinations and some of this information has been used where VINs existed. As a community, We all benefit by consolidating known information about VINs. It may not always be accurate but some information is better than none.

Each VIN page has a standard format and unfortunately there's no easy way to create and edit a page so while we're looking for a more usable interface, you can PM me if you want to have your own Wiki page for your VIN. Just include the VIN, int/ext color, mileage, and as much information as you feel comfortable providing. This could be as little as your Prime name, how long you've had it, and maybe some previous owner information if you know it. Note that there are no pictures in any of the VIN pages although we can link to existing pics on Prime but please keep it to just one or two.

We'd also like to engage all of you to possibly assist in capturing information about NSXs that you see out there. I know of one that is currently active in capturing salvage VINs and others that often highlight
damaged ones in Insurance auctions. But if you see any NSX for sale, just Google the VIN and if there's no hit on Prime, we should be trying to capture them. Information on sites like eBay and AutoTrader has a limited life so we need to be capturing it in PDF format. I have been following the New & Prospective Owners forum for some time and capturing new sightings so no need to worry about those. And for the Prime For Sale forum, I have links going back to when the forum was originally created and I've been slowly working forward toward today but I'm just nicely in 2004 so don't panic if you don't see a newer listing in the Registry .. I'll get to it eventually.

I'm sure there will be some questions. Bring it on. Like the Wiki, this is one of my passions and I'm very happy to be able to finally share it with you.

Thanks for all the hard work to make this possible. Prime again tops all the Forum sites.
I can't imagine what owning an NSX without Prime would be like. It certainly adds to the ownership experience!

I was able to find my VIN with one 'cntl-F' web page search once on the year page.

Last edited:
where do I edit? mine is missing

my NSX was originally owned by a Baseball company called Minor Miracles

Last edited:
I almost forgot...... NSXPRIME is the best Forum I have ever had the Honor of being a part of its vast members round the world.

This Site has offered me knowledge and experience that will last a lifetime.

Since Joining this site I have made a ton of new friends that I hope to meet at the upcoming NSXPO this year.

As for the constantly " making this site better " for future users
is hands down the best on the web. No other site can say they have such valued members as Prime.

I am proud to be a member.

thank you guys for making this site the best and I look forward to posting a ton more builds, rants.

Thank you.

where do I edit? mine is missing

my NSX was originally owned by a Baseball company called Minor Miracles
As I said above, "you can PM me if you want to have your own Wiki page for your VIN. Just include the VIN, int/ext color, mileage, and as much information as you feel comfortable providing. This could be as little as your Prime name, how long you've had it, and maybe some previous owner information if you know it." and I'll create your own VIN page. I believe that you have also been active buying wrecks so it would be good to add those as well so that people know the history.

Excellent work. Thanks for all your efforts!
Tks to you and warrenw for the compliments. I had been wanting to do this since about 2003. I had even 'hardened' a number of eBay and AutoTrader auctions from back then ..which are now part of the Registry. Just wish I had captured more and that we had an automated way of 'harvesting' the usual for sale sites; compare them to the Registry; and then notify me of any new ones. So much to do .. so little time.

Back