• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-relevant products, fabricators, vendors, tuners, techs, shops: past & present

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
In'lieu of ~20+ years of the "best sports car ever built" :)D), I always wanted to get a comprehensive history of NSX-relevant fabricators, vendors, tuners, techs, shops - past & present (regardless of their location, stature and current status). Also, at times some of these ventures have evolved and/or changed their name or even involvement (which I am confused towards: Ex. GT-One - GT-Rom - GT-Xtreme Int'l - ???).

So, let's make a list w/ some basic info - for posterity's sake as well as conversation. I'll keep an ongoing list in the original post, which I'll update via edits (if I can no longer edit, I'll ask admin to move this thread into the marketplace vendor/product discussion subforum as I can edit there w/o time-limit). Anywayz - please post away w/ any additional stuff & comments.

I'll start it off...

NSX-relevant products fabricators, vendors, tuners, techs, shops: past & present

NSX performance parts fabricators...

- CT-Engineering (formerly Comptech Sport): www.ct-engineering.com
* NSX performance parts (I/H/E, ECU, F.I./SC, powertrain/drivetrain, clutch/gearing, suspension, aero/widebody, safety/harness, fluids caps, shifting, BBK, wheels, filters)

- RM-Racing: N/A
* NSX performance parts (H/E, anti-roll bars, safety/harness, front-splitter)

- HKS: www.hksusa.com
* NSX performance parts (I/E, suspension, CAMP/gauges, fluids caps)

- Gruppe-M: www.gruppem.co.jp
* NSX performance parts (I/E, F.I./SC, aero/body - fender-flares/mirrors/skirts/bumpers/lips/rad-duct, CF engine-cover/side-intakes, speedo, shift-knob)

- Taitec: www.taita.co.jp
* NSX performance parts (I/H/E, exhaust-adapters, t.p., F/R strut-bars, bumpers/hoods/wings/diffusers/wb-fenders, shift-knob, steering-wheel hub)

- Toda: www.toda-racing.co.jp
* NSX performance parts (t.b., flywheel, race engine valve-springs/camshafts, I.T.B.'s, coilover/damper,

- Mugen: www.mugenpower.com
* NSX performance parts (ECU, headers, fluids caps, wheels, braking, steering-wheel, seats/rails, strut-bar)

- Route KS: www.route-ks.com
* NSX performance parts (exhausts, CF B-pillar/trunklid/hoods/side-intakes, F/R bumpers, rear-diffusers, spats, WB-fenders, wide side-intakes, side-skirts, canards, spoiler-wings, harness-bars, exhausts)

- Do Luck: www.do-luck.com
* NSX performance parts (F/R bumper, F/R lip-spoilers, side-skirts, side-mirrors, side air-ducts, wing, anti-roll/sway bars, rear strut-bar, cats)

- ARC:
* NSX Performance parts (I/E, t.p., oil-pan, cam-cover, radiator, shift-knob)

NSX parts/services vendors...

- GT-Rom: www.gt-rom.net

- Science of Speed: www.scienceofspeed.com

- Dali Racing: www.daliracing.com

- Downforce: www.downforce.biz

- Umbrella: www.umbrellaautodesign.com

- STMPO: www.stmpo.com

- Speed Within Reach: N/A

- RP-Motorsports: www.rp-motorsports.com

- RF Yamamoto: www.rf-yamamoto.com (formerly GT-Design Int'l)

- AS Motorsport: www.as-motorsport.com

- NSXForever: www.nsxforever.com

- Suzuka-GT: www.suzuka-gt.net

Exhaust-related...

- B&B: www.bbexhaust.com
* NSX performance exhausts/headers (which were formerly RM-Racing design)

- DC-Sports: http://www.dcsports.com
* NSX performance exhaust/headers

- Tubi-Style: www.championmotorsport.com & www.scuderiasystems.com
* NSX performance exhaust

- Fujitsubo: www.fujitsubousa.com
* NSX performance exhausts/headers

- Ark: www.arkspeedracing.com
* NSX performance exhausts, DT-P coilovers

Aero/cosmetic...

- Marga Hills: www.marga-hills.com
CF / FRP ~ B-pillars, side-intakes, WB-fenders, rear-diffuser/spats, wings, side-skirts, bumpers, hoods

- Veilside Fortune: www.veilsidejpn.com

- Sorcery:
CF sill-covers, F/R bumpers, rear-diffuser, hatch-vent, side-skirts, WB fenders, wing

... still working on:

suspension (Tein, H&R, KW, Moton, Buddy Club, Zeal, etc)

exhaust-system
(Zero-Speed, TopSpeed, Random, Anytime, etc)

transmission/clutch (OS-Giken, Level Ten, RPS, Spec, Clutchmasters, Fidanza, Jun, etc)

braking
(Brembo, PowerSlot, EBC, Stop-Tech, Cobalt Friction, Carbotech, Mov-It, Project-Mu, Endless, Rotora, etc)

F.I.
(Gerry Johnson, Bell, CarTech, LoveFab, Angus, Factor-X, FX-Motorsports, etc)

misc'
(Kite, POP-Design, Do-Luck, Cantrell, ProCar / Detlef-Dieter, Umbrella / Ravi, Synergy, ProSpeed, ARP, Titanium Dave, Blackend Motorsports, KHrant, NSX Clear, Carbon-6 / CF & Alcantara, etc)

aero/body
(Zero Force, Kawagen, Vinny's, Wings West, Erubuni, VIS, Seibon, DreamSport, Jetz Racing, G-Force, etc)

electrical/lighting (AEM, Zublin, Briank, whitensx/HID, s4play/LED, Apkarian/LED, etc)

domestic vendors (Tom Bell / RP-Motorsports, etc)

Int'l vendors
(Super Autobacs, Macs Jpn, etc)

tuners/techs/shops (Mark Basch (shops/SC), Shad / Driving Ambition, Don @ Hilltop, Autowave, LarryB, BarnMan, Nabil/First-Class, John Vassos / Acura of Brookfield, Goodson Acura / Suzanne Tableman, KR-Motorsports, etc)

Last edited:
Re: NSX-relevant products, fabricators, vendors, tuners, techs, shops: past & present

Didn't know that B&B was the remnants of RM, thought Randy Marchetti went into 'Vettes and then out of business. Is that the same Billy Boat that drove for A.J. Foyt in IRL some years ago?

Re: NSX-relevant products, fabricators, vendors, tuners, techs, shops: past & present

Hennessey Motorsports started out mod'ing cars from Japan...NSX being one of them.

B&B is not RM. Randy used to buy header and exhaust systems from B&B and re-labeled them "RM". You can still buy these items direct from B&B today. B&B does not sell NSX parts other than the H/E system.

And, yes, B&B stands for Billy Boat, the former IRL driver. It's his company. Their real product focus is Porsche exhaust systems, but as an owner of their NSX exhaust, I can vouch for its awesomeness. :D

Osiris- I would move B&B to your exhaust vendors and leave RM as one of the general vendors.

Didn't know that B&B was the remnants of RM, thought Randy Marchetti went into 'Vettes and then out of business. Is that the same Billy Boat that drove for A.J. Foyt in IRL some years ago?

I think you need to add Science of Speed (scienceofspeed.com). I just purchased their oil pressure sender mod and am about to purchase their clutch due to all the positive feedback I've read. Their prices, service and informational posts here seem invaluable to all NSX owners. My $.02.
Happy Motoring!

this is a great idea.
how about hugo (hugabuga) for his window-fixing kit?

B&B is not RM. Randy used to buy header and exhaust systems from B&B and re-labeled them "RM". You can still buy these items direct from B&B today. B&B does not sell NSX parts other than the H/E system.

And, yes, B&B stands for Billy Boat, the former IRL driver. It's his company. Their real product focus is Porsche exhaust systems, but as an owner of their NSX exhaust, I can vouch for its awesomeness. :D

Excellent. Learn something new every day.:smile:

+1k for Science of Speed. I bought S2000 things in the past from Chris and have made a couple purchases for the NSX in the last few months. First class guy running a first class operation. We have a lot of fellow enthusiasts who have contributed to the community with products and services but none more so than Chris. SOS also has one of the best organized web sites of its type that I have run across.

A word about Dali Racing: They have been widely bashed on this site, as some members have described experiences with them that were less than satisfactory. But the guy I bought my NSX from had made several purchases from Dali and all went extremely well. Since picking up the car I have also made a couple of purchases from Dali and in both cases the products were great, shipping was quick, and the prices were more than competative. Both the previous owner and I stuck with in-stock stuff-- coolant tank, intake system, etc.--so neither of us had any experience with Dali service or parts that had to be fab'ed to order but I would not hesitate to buy in stock parts from Dali in the future. And their website is highly entertaining.

I would place Driving Ambition right next to comptech as a place to actually get good information and return calls. My recent experience with CT was a big let down. Shad took care of what I needed very quickly and was extremely knowledgeable.

I would go to Shad before ever calling CT again.

Last edited:

Back in 96 when I got into the game, Comptech (Shad) was big but so was DC sport,king with Mugen,and love him or hate him MJ of Dali infame was just another psyched hands on owner who was always ready to kibutz on the phone for hours about mods.MarK Basch was rising up as a go to tech.I visited Randy at his shop in Arizona bought some stuff and took a ride in his nos powered car...ect....Alot of mods were born from the needs and desires of passionete owners like Wei Shen,Kip,Andrie Hartanto, Alex V who brought us Grupp M , Dale who is stuffing a ls7 into his old car...what the new generation of owners needs is a historical thread dedicated to the past as us "old timers" can best remember. Oh and of course the Northern Owners members of the Vasos tribe:wink: and of course our on PD and realtime pushing the performance envelope,on TV :biggrin: I have probably forgoten many others so chime in.....At this point in time our community has a dizzying array of options

Last edited:
Also: Pride (exhaust,etc.),GT Theory (performance/aero), Sky Design(aero/cosmetic),Jack Sports (aero),IS impact and Pimp Juice Racing (PJR) custom aero!
and of course the famous Tamoske eternal wait/no CF parts:biggrin:.

Last edited:
Back