• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX road trip: 2 days, 1,672 miles, and still smiling. This car is AWESOME!!

Awesome story and thanks for sharing. Thank you for not specifing which of the Carolinas your experience was in! As for the dealer! You were nice to banter with them. I would have walked without even a good bye. I would have purchased a OEM filter from the parts department and headed to Walmart to pick up 6 qts of Mobile One oil and headed for the nearest Quick 10 with a employee lot full of tuner Civics and Preludes. I'm sure they would know where the engine was and wouldn't mind me watching and directing traffic under the pit! They would be snapping cell phone pics and happy as clams! $20 bucks latter and I'm back on the road.

I like driving but, 1,600 in two days is a chore. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

I have done several trips from LA to Vancouver BC and I love every minute of it.

Your trip is making me considering a drive to the East Coast.

Glad you're having fun!!! Keep at it.

This is making me want to drive to the west coast. Vance why don't you come here and run my business for a week and I will run yours for a week. That should be a fun trip with a nice disaster at the end. :biggrin:

great story....I too know what it's like to have to take the NSX to an Acura dealer

Never again

I usually never do it. I do a lot of my own maintenance, but I noticed I was getting low on oil, and for the sake of the car, decided to suck it up and let the dealer change the oil for the sake of the car.

I have done several trips from LA to Vancouver BC and I love every minute of it.

Your trip is making me considering a drive to the East Coast.

Glad you're having fun!!! Keep at it.

If your NSX ever comes up for sale, I want dibs...and I will keep driving it. It is one of 2 NSXs here on Prime that I would consider giving up a kidney for. :D

This is making me want to drive to the west coast. Vance why don't you come here and run my business for a week and I will run yours for a week. That should be a fun trip with a nice disaster at the end. :biggrin:

What do you do? I will drive out a run it for a bit. Customers seem to love me.

Perfect. If you don't drive it, the next owner will. I am looking forward to a trip from San Diego to Vancouver, over to Glacier National Park, Yellowstone and back. Hope to do it this Fall.......if not, definitely in the spring. Until then I will continue to drive mine daily. Life's too short and I don't want to be driving something else, wishing I was driving my NSX.

What do you do? I will drive out a run it for a bit. Customers seem to love me.

Can you install home automation systems and home theaters? And most of all COLLECT money that people seem to forget they owe you? LOL

I'd have to change my exhaust. Last time I went on a trip with the NSX my girlfriend brought noise canceling headphones.

Awesome write up. I have been dreaming about doing route 66 but I'm worried about staying in a hotel over night to wake up the next morning and find the car stolen or something similar. How do you get over that fear?

Awesome write up. I have been dreaming about doing route 66 but I'm worried about staying in a hotel over night to wake up the next morning and find the car stolen or something similar. How do you get over that fear?

By driving my car more and staying in decent areas. Simple as that. The more you use the car, the less paranoid you get, and the more you enjoy it. Plus, when I stay in a hotel, I pick one in a reasonable area, and get a room facing the front of the hotel (because I always park in front near the doors for visibility). These cars are really fun when they are used for more than short bursts. :)

Where in SC were you? I'm in Charleston but from Indiana (Marion)

I drive my car up there all the time. In fact, My Aunt died and I drove the X up to make arrangements. My cousin wanted to watch the football at the time on a Sunday in Indianapolis where we were staying(which is dry on Sundays). So, off the the border to find the first place to buy beer and back to The hotel. We didn't know we had to drive to Illinois. Very good road car

Where in SC were you? I'm in Charleston but from Indiana (Marion)

I drive my car up there all the time. In fact, My Aunt died and I drove the X up to make arrangements. My cousin wanted to watch the football at the time on a Sunday in Indianapolis where we were staying(which is dry on Sundays). So, off the the border to find the first place to buy beer and back to The hotel. We didn't know we had to drive to Illinois. Very good road car

I drove down to Georgia actually, and passed through South Carolina. Next time you are in Indianapolis area, you are welcome to stay here. We have people from our car groups stay in our guest room all the time. NSXs are even given priority parking and a car wash. Ask the couple of NSX Prime members who have stayed here. Oh, and we have booze all week long...even on Sunday. LOL! :D

Back