• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX roadster officially unveiled....

They officially unveiled it for the Avengers movie but they're still calling it a "one off" for the film. Its more than likely destined for production because of the recent patent filings though. Gorgeous car if i might say so myself!!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/112040543153/acura-nsx-roadster-officially-unveiled-for-the-avengers

17741553982109176231.jpg

This thing looks way beter than an R8. If people see an R8 on the street it might be confused for an Audi TT......if one sees this new NSX on the street they would know its something special!

More shots..
ot_40512165_717.jpg

ot_4051234_717.jpg

ot_4051231_717.jpg

ot_4051255_717.jpg

ot_4051253_717.jpg

That looks really awesome. I wonder why they taped up the AC vents?

MT002353. Is this car one that was ever on prime?

they taped over ALL the vents even inside the door openings AND the switch plates on both doors for the windows and locks.

LMAO they are using a 150k mile car as the avengers car in the movie :)

I LOVE this car. More than the new Concept. Also, if they do ever sell a kit for us to put this on our platform as they did for this Stark car... I think I'd do it and opt out of the new one :biggrin::eek:

Im so in love with that body and the color!! My Acura TL is mayan bronze so i guess im a lil biased!

That guage cluster is definitely from an early 90's NSX. What has me :confused: is it is a full convertible... So did they wack the roof off of this car? Since it seems to not be an original targa? Or was it a Targa with just an older guage cluster swapped in? :confused:

From http://www.insideline.com/features/the-avengers-movie-car-pictures.html#non-makeotot40512130

The movie car is an NA2 with 252k miles on it.

ot_40512161_717.jpg

ot_40512130_717.jpg

Any hope of figuring out which car they used for this build? Not sure if the door frame contains enough info to figure out a VIN.

I stand corrected... after looking in the engine bay this car was an early NSX 91-94 with the roof wacked off. How strong chassis wise could this car be with the roof cut off and not too much visible added structure?

That guage cluster is definitely from an early 90's NSX. What has me :confused: is it is a full convertible... So did they wack the roof off of this car? Since it seems to not be an original targa? Or was it a Targa with just an older guage cluster swapped in? :confused:

I stand corrected... after looking in the engine bay this car was an early NSX 91-94 with the roof wacked off. How strong chassis wise could this car be with the roof cut off and not too much visible added structure?

Maybe it is an NA1 - do the numbers on the door frame provide any additional insight?

And, it may not be terribly rigid, it's a movie prop - its job is mostly to look nice on screen. Sort of kills the hope of anyone selling a kit to do this conversion on a pre-targa NA1, though some company used to hack the roof off to make a convertible anyway, handling/stability be damned.

Back