• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX So Cal Monthly Meeting March 5th!

Hello everyone:

OK Lets see if the Weather will let us have a meeting this month!

It has been 1/4 of a year since our last meeting:eek:

The FIRST Thursday of the month of March is Thursday March 5th! That means the SoCal Monthly meeting is comming up!

As usual we are meeting at South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa

The dealership continues to support the NSX owners in the area, so they have asked us back.

This meeting will give us a chance to get together and just shoot the breeze and talk about up coming events. As usual SCA will be providing premier parking.

So let's plan on meeting at South Coast Acura at 6:00 PM Thursday March 5th.

South Coast Acura is located at 2925 Harbor Bl. in Costa Mesa. This is about 3/4 mi South of the 405 (San Diego) freeway on Harbor Bl. Just past Baker Street. On the Right.

Remember, they have said they will block off the front of the store so there should be lots of parking available!

The dealership will need an accurate count of how many will be attending so they can figure out how much food to buy. I am guessing about 20 or so. If there will be more they need to know!

Reply to this thread if you think you can make it, so the dealership can have an idea how many to expect and make dinner arrangements accordingly.

I really wanna try and make it... it would be my first! But I don't know if I could make it all the way down to Costa Mesa by 6...

I'll see if I can get off work early that day... I've been putting in enough hours lately I think I deserve it, haha :tongue:

I really wanna try and make it... it would be my first! But I don't know if I could make it all the way down to Costa Mesa by 6...

I'll see if I can get off work early that day... I've been putting in enough hours lately I think I deserve it, haha :tongue:

I'll be there. Also, no need to arrive exactly at 6. Just come when you can. The group usually stays until around 8:30+ or so with guys usually beginning to leave by then. This is a casual setting.

This is always the best regularly scheduled NSX meet around. Hope I can make it this month.

Hi Steve! If you go, I'll go. Know what??? I'm getting one, too!! Working on a 2005 Long Beach blue. :biggrin:

looks as if the weather may not be in our favor again for this Thurs. Let me know if things get cancelled. As of now we will plan for this Thurs. Also if anyone is interested, we will be going to streets of willow/ It will be on April 5th at streets of willow clockwise. The price will be 110.00. Let me know if you are interested in going. Just pm me or email me at [email protected]
Ferdie

by any chance does anyone have an update on this meet? I'm a new owner and would definitely like to meet you guys.

I just checked my favorite weather website and viewed the realtime satellite imagery. It most likely will not rain tomorrow, although there is a slight chance of some scattered showers here and there. My guess is Costa Mesa will be dry, so let the meeting commence.

PS. The less that show-up, the more pizza there will be. OK, I'd trade more NSX'ers than pizza any day. I'm a die-hard car groupie. :biggrin:

Just a quick note to say it was fun seeing those who showed-up at our March gathering at South Coast Acura. A small turnout this time, but always fun.

Erick "evof575gtc" was the center of attention when he showed-up with his newly installed LED taillights on his black NSX, something he DIY'd given his electrical knowledge. If that wasn't enough, when he popped his trunk and took hold of the control piece, he was able to program the lights to change configuration. We were all like 'deers in the headlights' when he did that. Ooooh! Aaaah! Very cool, Erick.

AI1314.jpg

I want to extend a thanks to Steve for posting this event and to Ferdie and SCA/Subaru for hosting this monthly "red carpet" treatment for us NSX'ers. Ferdie, the El Pollo Loco food was a nice touch. Gracias!

Following the open track day event at Big Willow on March 23, I plan to organize a local road trip. It's Spring time and daylight savings time, a great time to enjoy our cars in a group car event. Hope to see everyone again soon.

Steve

Last edited:
Hi Steve! If you go, I'll go. Know what??? I'm getting one, too!! Working on a 2005 Long Beach blue. :biggrin:

I am now an official NSX owner! I bought one in Chicago, yesterday, gorilla's '05 Long Beach Blue Pearl with black, and it's on it's way to Cali. I look forward to the next meet.

I am now an official NSX owner! I bought one in Chicago, yesterday, gorilla's '05 Long Beach Blue Pearl with black, and it's on it's way to Cali. I look forward to the next meet.

Congratulations Patricia. You'll be the envy of the group when you show up driving an '05 in LB Blue. Looking forward to seeing it. Be sure to post pics when you take possession.

If it gets here in time, maybe you can come up to the Valencia meet this Wednesday. :biggrin:

If it gets here in time, maybe you can come up to the Valencia meet this Wednesday. :biggrin:

I won't have it this Wednesday but I sure would love to bring it to a future Valencia meet. I heard from Phil (alexz on S2ki) that there haven't been any in weeks.

Congratulations Patricia. You'll be the envy of the group when you show up driving an '05 in LB Blue. Looking forward to seeing it. Be sure to post pics when you take possession.

I haven't figured out how to post photos here on Prime, but I'm an old pro at it on S2ki.

Here's a link to a thread on S2ki in the Vintage Owners Forum (over 40 year-old owners) with photos of the car. I took them on Saturday (3-14-09), in the Chicago area, when I made the deal and it was loaded onto the shipping truck...

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=117&t=679072&st=50#entry15633802

Last edited:
I haven't figured out how to post photos here on Prime, but I'm an old pro at it on S2ki.

I'm glad you were able to meet Ken Sax... he is such a great guy.

Here's your photos...

Greg the seller.
610382.jpg

Greg, again. she hated to take it off his hands, as he hated to see it go, but she was thrilled to do it, at the same time.
610380.jpg

Ken Sax came by to check out the car. He was amazed at the pristine condition.
610305.jpg

Greg brought it out of the dealership to the street behind it for the shipping driver.
610306.jpg

The shipping driver, Terry, backing it up to load it onto the truck.
610307.jpg

610308.jpg

610309.jpg

610311.jpg

610310.jpg

Back