• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX takes "Best of Show"

I just got home from Firebird International Raceway.Much to my surprise(were not even near done yet) my NSX took best of show. The trophy is almost as tall as me and 700.00 cash.
Adam Saruwatari seemed to take a great interest in the car too.We have some pictures w/ him and the car.
Adam ran his Yellow/Purple NSX 7.77 @ 171mph.1/4 mile.Yea,WOW.The 7.77 was his fastest ever for his car "but" his compeditor ran 7.67 upon the finals.
Anyway it has been a victorious day for the NSX.....
Just figured I'd share the good news.

------------------

Make sure you post the Pics and who beat Adam anyway.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

I'll post the pics I took as soon as I can get them downloaded the problem is that I am "still picture posting illiterate" but I'll learn from someone.
Team "Venom" I forgot who the driver was but he was a stand in because their regular driver had broken his legs a couple months ago.It was an import truck w/ nitrous.Very nice looking and appropriatly painted up like a viper snake (very detailed in airbrush)

------------------

Congratulations! Wait till you get all the other parts in the pipes, hehehe :)

E-mail me the pictures, I'll host & post them.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

I'm thinking the same thing.Wait till were done!! I'll make it a point to get my computer guy over and take some pics w/ my new camera and e-mail them.They love the NAV/CAMP etc and the diamond plate engine cover w/ lexan window.Thanks so far for your help Cris.

------------------

The basic body(stretched 4") is the same as your car.The same block w/ way too much to list on twin turbo's.Amazingly quiet as he makes his passes.

------------------

Originally posted by MYNSX:
Adam Saruwatari seemed to take a great interest in the car too.We have some pictures w/ him and the car.
Adam ran his Yellow/Purple NSX 7.77 @ 171mph.1/4 mile.Yea,WOW.The 7.77 was his fastest ever for his car "but" his compeditor ran 7.67 upon the finals.
Anyway it has been a victorious day for the NSX.....
Just figured I'd share the good news.

Someone should post that 1/4 mile time over to the Supraforums and even to the thread on NSXSC debating Supra vs. NSX right now! They don't care if the cars modded or not anyways.

Originally posted by ck:
Someone should post that 1/4 mile time over to the Supraforums and even to the thread on NSXSC debating Supra vs. NSX right now! They don't care if the cars modded or not anyways.

The response will be that Adam's car is a full out drag car and that a full out drag Supra will run 1's. Trust me, it isn't worth it...
wink.gif

MYNSX, congrats on the win! Nice job
smile.gif
You Arizona guys are having all the fun!

[This message has been edited by spookyp (edited 18 March 2002).]

Yes ,there were 3 Supra's there @ the show and we smoked them all for best of show....I agree to post the thread on the Supra forum "but" dont waste too much time.I have always exelled the best by looking straight ahead VS'S looking over my shoulder.Every race driver and serious competition spends the majority of there time focused on themselves.Just doing your best...Be a power of example!!

Go NSX!!!

------------------

Thanks for the congrats cris and spookyp (hey spooky how good ol' Brooklyn(My Home Town)Flatbush....
Come to AZ and drive your NSX all year!!!

------------------

Brooklyn is hanging in man! Im in Bay Ridge, so pretty close to your old hood!

I've got to admit, you and Allan make AZ sound pretty damn tempting!
biggrin.gif

THE DIAMOND PLATE engine cover is very thin in aluminum and 3/16 lexan (its about 1/4 the weight of your factory cover).We have already explained this quess you werent in @ that time....
We dont do tractor pulls anymore (not enough payout)... :):)
In addition I've put a fabricated a factory cover w/ the center cut out and replaced w/ lexan as a second option.It came out very nice.

------------------

Originally posted by ck:

Ha ha I dont think you want to do that.The truck in question is a Toyota Tundra sporting a Supra motor(2JZGTE)----
Heres some more info-

2002 Venom Pro-Import Toyota Tundra

The Venom tundra has been coming along great the last two months and should be ready to debut @ WIC in Houston, TX March 8-10, 2002.

Pilot: Grant Downing - Owner of Paralax Race Cars

Jimmy O'Connor Due to return later this year following the recovery of a Bone graph surgery april of 2002.

Body: 2002 Toyota Tundra

Paint: Meanstreets

Engine: 95 Toyota Supra Inline 6 Currently
V8 Tundra Motor will replace Supra motor March 25, 2002

Transmission: 4 speed Lenco

Driveline: Mark Williams

Forced Induction: 6 Cylinder Supra Twin Turbo & VCN-1000
Littlefield Blower Will be used with the V8 Tundra replacement

Chassis: Jerry Haas

Engine Tuning: Harv's Performance

Hp: 1085 on Supra 6 Cylinder
Tq: 746 On Supra 6 Cylinder
Best Et: 7.51 ( Piloted By Jimmy O'Connor)
Best MPH: 181 ( Piloted By Jimmy O'Connor)

Venom Products:

Venom 130 lb Fuel Injectors
2 Venom 90 lb Fuel Pumps
VCN-1000 Nitrous System
Venom Intake Manifold
Venom Fuel Rail
Venom Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Venom Fang Adjustable Cam Gears
Fang Engine Jewelry

Race Results:

Feb 24, 2002 - IDRC Palmdale, CA
Toyota Tundra in finishing stages not available to enter event.

March 10, 2002 - WIC Houston, TX
Toyota Tundra Winner in Pro-Import class

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BECOME A PISSING MATCH???I would have been happy w/ just a 3rd place or even to get out there and just have fun.I found out my "supposed friend" was really talking very negatively about me/my business/my car anything he could get his hands on.Blah,blah blah....
I am aware that this is jelousy."But" it is dissapointing when he congrats to my face and then was talking very nasty about me to a mutual friend who stood up for me.This is grade school crap.I can do w/ out the drama.Like I said I'm just a little disapointed by this and the only thing I can think to do is "act as if".
The one part that does concern me is talking about my business and possibly spreading bad words.He started saying "yea if I went around ripping people off I could have this and that etc. etc."Our mutual friend told me this was part of the conversation and I'm not sure how to confront this other than straight on........Any suggestions???
PS... the last thing I will do is drag this out.Either forget it and "let them whirl" as they say OR confront this directly and immediatly.

------------------

For what it's worth, me personally, I would let it go but never, ever, ever forget it.

Keep it in your back pocket and the next time the guy needs you for something, remember it.

I know, this doesn't sound like the usual "Brooklyn" response, but hey, it's how I play it
biggrin.gif

Yes,he only seems to be around when theres something in it for him and I'm always accomidating and never "expect" reciprication.
It's situations like this that separate "men from boys' and let you know who your real friends are...
I know its not good for me to hold a "resentment" although (new bounderies) will be in order....

------------------

Back