• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Totaled! Your opinions on what's next, please

Sorry to see your NSX like that but the important part is you are not injured. The insurance lowballed you for $75k. I would do some homework on past sales and tell them so they can adjust the amount to current market value.

1. Sorry for your loss but glad it wasn't worse

2. It will never drive the same after that kind of repair. Alignment alone will be difficult and chances are the chassis is weakened for a 2nd impact down the line.

3. They are undervaluing your car. Never take the first offer. You can easily prove this by scouring historical auction or NSX Prime, Facebook, etc. Just build your case.

Glad to hear that you weren't hurt. It was a beautiful car, and can be again, but after damage of that magnitude I would seriously consider shopping for another.

It looks like that car is definitely worth saving. Honda will make various parts of the chassis for you, maybe cheaper than a front clip which it probably doesn't need. That way you only have to replace what is damaged. All the little parts like suspension etc should also be available new from Honda. Anything thats damaged, replace it. That way it is back to factory spec and continues as the great car it is.

Good luck!

Last edited:
That is 2.5 times what I paid for my clip in 2013, and my clip was 1/3 of the total used replacement parts (alone, not including labor or upgrades/add-ons). That clip is stripped (which is how I sold mine) but mine came with all the replacement components I needed.
That extrapolates to $24,000 in parts.
View attachment 142679

Agreed, I also thought it was expensive. But thats the only one I can find online.

Seen these?Not sure on the status of the ones listed on Prime but they never said they were sold.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...6-Speed-11002-JH4NA21645S000241?highlight=rio

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...24k-miles-VIN-JH4NA21605S000057?highlight=rio

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ed-30-1XX-VIN-JH4NA21662T000151?highlight=spa

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=427193016&zip=07042&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D07042%26showcaseOwnerId%3D0%26startYear%3D2000%26sortBy%3DdistanceASC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2005%26modelCodeList%3DNSX%26makeCodeList%3DACURA%26searchRadius%3D0&startYear=2000&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2005&modelCodeList=NSX&makeCodeList=ACURA&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=ACURA&modelCode1=NSX

Agreed, I also thought it was expensive. But thats the only one I can find online.

I used Acura Honda Dismantling, Inc. Rancho Cordova, Ca. 916 859 0023 and shipped across country to North Carolina.
I am 100% happy with what I did...but the process is long and tedious.

Sorry to hear, I feel for you.
Tough to decide, fix and keep or move on. If you decide to fix, do talk to Joe at Vince's Auto Body Works, 845-454-3220. A very good man who knows and has fixed many NSX's. He will give you straight answers.

Thanks for the sympathy. I am talking to Joe already to see what he thinks can be done.

Sorry to hear, I feel for you.
Tough to decide, fix and keep or move on. If you decide to fix, do talk to Joe at Vince's Auto Body Works, 845-454-3220. A very good man who knows and has fixed many NSX's. He will give you straight answers.

Man that sucks. Is it possible to recover anything from the uninsured guy that hit you or does he have no ramifications for destroying your pride and joy?

that long block is very valuable if the car is totaled

Man that sucks. Is it possible to recover anything from the uninsured guy that hit you or does he have no ramifications for destroying your pride and joy?

The insurance company said they would seek to get whatever is possible from the asshat that caused all of this but, honestly, I doubt he has anything of value.

The insurance company said they would seek to get whatever is possible from the asshat that caused all of this but, honestly, I doubt he has anything of value.

The bottom line is you are only entitled to the value of the car and not a "windfall" so the fact that the asshat was uninsured would only mean you might not get your deductible but otherwise you should be reimbursed the full amount from your own insurance. Your insurance company, however, loses out because they don't have an ability to recover what they paid you in a subrogation claim against asshat.

The bottom line is you are only entitled to the value of the car and not a "windfall" so the fact that the asshat was uninsured would only mean you might not get your deductible but otherwise you should be reimbursed the full amount from your own insurance. Your insurance company, however, loses out because they don't have an ability to recover what they paid you in a subrogation claim against asshat.

Right, I wasn't expecting anything but to get my car fixed but the insurance company says they are obligated to collect whatever they can from the guilty party, to recoup whatever they can.

Sorry to hear this, Wade. I had spoke to Chase a week ago about a wrecked yellow but I had hoped it wasn't one of you there. Were I you, I would try to fix it. There's not a whole lot of 02+ cars on the market; less for the value that your insurance is offering. Best of luck in whatever you choose, us local guys are always here to help.

FYI Insurance companys usually have a contract to sell the salvage for between 20-25% of loss. So you could have a buyback in the 15-20k range.

FYI Insurance companys usually have a contract to sell the salvage for between 20-25% of loss. So you could have a buyback in the 15-20k range.

The plan is in motion - I am bringing her back to life! Without the car being declared a "total", I got a $50k settlement from insurance so I am sending her off to
NY for Joe Lamarillo to put her back to factory specs :biggrin:

Last edited:
Awesome! Congrats!

The car is in good hands....Joe treats each nsx as if it were his own....

The plan is in motion - I am bringing her back to life! Without the car being declared a "total", I got a $50k settlement from insurance so I am sending her off to
NY for Joe Lamarillo to put her back to factory specs ����

Why would you not want them to total it? The car now has a diminished value and will never drive the same. If it were me, I'd take a total loss and buy a no story car again.

Why would you not want them to total it? The car now has a diminished value and will never drive the same. If it were me, I'd take a total loss and buy a no story car again.
Mine (with a salvage title) runs and drives perfectly...so it all depends on how much damage and how well the repairs are done.Sharpe NSX rain 20 April C&C.jpg

NY for Joe Lamarillo to put her back to factory specs :biggrin:

The car is in good hands....Joe treats each nsx as if it were his own....

Mine (with a salvage title) runs and drives perfectly...so it all depends on how much damage and how well the repairs are done.View attachment 142772
With Joe handling the "repair", you'll have a car that looks new, and was done right. Yes it will have a salvage title, and will never be worth near what a "clean" car of same year, etc. But if you're planning on driving it, and enjoying it.........you will!!!

Back