• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Trunk struts (gas springs): $49/pr New

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSX trunk struts (pair)

=======================================

Columbia CS750-70 gas springs/struts for NSX rear trunk lid. Brand new in sealed packaging: $49.00 for the pair + $6 Priority Mail s/h to USA. Can also ship to Canada and overseas. PM or email for foreign s/h quote. Paypal and m/o accepted.

- Over 110 pairs sold to satisfied NSX owners -

trunkstruts-1.jpg

p_001.jpg

Newer units, now with 70 lbs. compression each. Stop your NSX trunk from sagging and bumping you in the head! These are a replacement for Acura OEM struts part #74872-SL0-013 and 74872-SL0-003. Compare to oem or recharge @ $90+.

I have a pair of the 60 lb. struts on my 91 NSX and they work fantastic, even in cold weather:

trunkstruts-3.jpg

• Black satin finish, looks almost identical to OEM
  • Self-contained, hydro pneumatic linear actuator containing pressurized nitrogen.
  • Precision fit - no clearance issues.
  • Fits all NSX model years: 1991 ~ 2005.
  • Comes complete with ball sockets, 10mm ball studs, washers, loop end connectors and installation guide - no need to cut out your old studs!

NOTE: If it is important that your plastic electrical wiring clip fastens in both the bottom and top positions, or if trimming the top off is against your "NSX code of ethics", PLEASE spend the extra $50 and order a set of OEM Struts from an Acura dealer. Thank You. :smile:

USA Priority Mail Shipping: $6
Canada Airmail Shipping: $10
Everywhere Else: $20

Paypal address: [email protected] or place an order through my online store: http://77blanchard.ecrater.com/

Last edited:
Ordered, not only is a bit embarrassing to put your Targa on the trunk but getting banged on the head makes it even a more embarrassing situation! ...

:)

Not as sexy as my custom modded broom-handle :wink: but I'll take a pair.

ROFL! Sometimes I wonder what % of NSX owners hide that dirty little secret under the carpet mats in their trunks.

Mine was a 1/2" x 3' dowel rod. When I owned a Pantera, I actually scavenged the front prop rod from my X-1/9 and used it to hold up the rear deck lid. After a year or so doing that I finally wised up and bought a set of heavy duty struts from Hall Pantera. They were still working great 8 years later when I sold it.

:cool:

Ordered last week, got them EXTREMELY Fast, packing was great, product looked solid, though there was no manual. (such basic part needs no manual but for some people might help)

Installing is easy, in my case one side came like 2mm a bit higher, but with patience and tools I compressed a bit the strut and went in easy.

I am amazed how good now things are, $49 it's a great price to save my skull and embarrassment.

Trunk all the way up
struts3.jpg

a bit closer
struts2.jpg

Trunk stays UP all the way to the middle, this are strong struts, I have the typre-r CF replica wing + trunk CF lip
struts1.jpg

Thanks NSX-Appeal!
---
Oscar

Glad they are working for you Oscar, and great pics! Thank you for posting those.

As for the missing manual, I'm sorry about that! Are you sure it wasn't in the package mixed up with the flyers I included as padding?

Last edited:
Installing is easy, in my case one side came like 2mm a bit higher, but with patience and tools I compressed a bit the strut and went in easy.

What do you mean it was 2mm higher? I have a big wing I need these struts to hold up.

How many lbs. are the OEM units?

What do you mean it was 2mm higher? I have a big wing I need these struts to hold up.

How many lbs. are the OEM units?

It's not about how much weight can hold, I am sure your big wing still lighter than oem, I was refering at one strut that came like 1 or 2mm a bit "high/uncompressed" so while installing I had tu pull down a bit "compress" .... This struts are very strong, I am sure they are designed to exceed oem, if your giant wing is lighter than oem , you're good :)

Bump...

more units arrived today.

My $.02 I ordered these units and received them within a week. Pretty easy install and they do the job intended. After a slight mod to the taillight feed wire, everything was put back together and works perfect.

Install time ~1 hour with struts still in the packaging.

Would buy from again.

Finally found some time to throw the new trunk struts on today! I didn't take any pics like I intended, but it's pretty much a straight forward product! Works exactly as intended and was a pretty easy install... took me probably 15 minutes start to finish.

If your trunk isn't staying up, I'd order these things stat! :D

I'm happy they worked for you enigma. Working on the lower bracket for the hatch struts, so I should have those available soon as well.

Happy holidays,
Mike

Sorry if this is OT, but what's the best source for engine hatch struts? Do you have them as well?

Payment sent for trunk struts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back