• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Trunk Struts: New Heavy duty 70lb units: $55/pr

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSX Trunk Struts: New Heavy duty 70lb units: $49/pr

Just received a few more sets of the 70# units -- they probably won't last long.

=======================================

Columbia CS750-70 gas cylinders (struts) for NSX rear trunk lid. Brand new in sealed packaging: $49.00 for the pair + $5 Priority Mail s/h to USA. Can also ship to Canada and overseas. PM or email for foreign s/h quote. Paypal and m/o accepted.

- Over 50 pairs sold to satisfied NSX owners -

trunkstruts-1.jpg

p_001.jpg

Newer units, now with 70 lbs. compression each. Stop your NSX trunk from sagging and bumping you in the head! These are a replacement for Acura OEM struts part #74872-SL0-013 and 74872-SL0-003. Compare to oem or recharge @ $90+.

I have a pair of the 60 lb. struts on my 91 NSX and they work fantastic:

trunkstruts-3.jpg

• Black satin finish, looks almost identical to OEM
  • Self-contained, hydro pneumatic linear actuator containing pressurized nitrogen.
  • Precision fit - no clearance issues.
  • Fits all NSX model years: 1991 ~ 2005.
  • Comes complete with ball sockets, 10mm ball studs, washers, loop end connectors and installation guide - no need to cut out your old studs!

Paypal address: [email protected] or place an order through my online store: http://77blanchard.ecrater.com/

Last edited:
Re: NSX Trunk Struts: New Heavy duty 70lb units: $49/pr

Bump: New shipment just arrived w/ lower pricing. Get 'em while they last!

Bump: New shipment just in!

Bump: New shipment just in!

Hey I couldn't help but notice the difference of offsets on the base of the coloumbia's compared to OEM stock. Do you have a better pics close ups of the install on the trunk, do they clear without rubbing?

Hey I couldn't help but notice the difference of offsets on the base of the coloumbia's compared to OEM stock. Do you have a better pics close ups of the install on the trunk, do they clear without rubbing?

I was wondering the same and found this thread. You might want to reach out to this buyer and avoid problems down the road.

Good luck.

Here is the link:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123714

They absolutely do not rub or interfere with the mounting plate, and I've not taken a single pair back from a customer who has complained that they do. I do have some closeups on the hard drive somewhere...I'll see if I can find them.

Meanwhile, you can ask any of the NSX-P members who've installed them if they have any rubbing issues:

dawk
silver-one
lithiumus
Velveeta
Hondatech
kennyc
ssj6kR
xory72

...these are the recent buyers. Over 55 pairs sold to date.

I was wondering the same and found this thread. You might want to reach out to this buyer and avoid problems down the road.

Good luck.

Here is the link:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123714

The person you're quoting in that link never used them. Notice he says he thought they "look like they might rub". He said his mechanic told him this, but neither of them actually installed and used the struts.

When I demonstrated that they wouldn't, he didn't believe me and sold them to someone else for something like $15. He also told me he would wait to hear from his $15 buyer and report back to me if there was a problem. I never heard from him again, so I can only assume his buyer was happy (not to mention getting a fantastic bargain).

Last edited:
Struts fit great. Only took 30 mins to install, would have been easier with 2 people. I had to re-adjust the trunk mounts in order to get the new struts on. I will vouch for a great product.

do you have a replacement for the hatch glass ones?

Actually yes but not yet for sale. They are the same exact length as the oem units, which means about 1/4" shorter than the SOS stainless. I need to order in the correct mounting plates and then I'll offer those as well.

Thanks,
Mike

Struts fit great. Only took 30 mins to install, would have been easier with 2 people. I had to re-adjust the trunk mounts in order to get the new struts on. I will vouch for a great product.

I'm glad they worked out for you dawk. A helper or an overhead anchor is definitely a plus when putting these on.

I've got these also and they work great, about a 30 min install with a perfect fit. Now I just have to get used to not sticking my head in the trunk to hold it up. :smile:

I've got these also and they work great, about a 30 min install with a perfect fit. Now I just have to get used to not sticking my head in the trunk to hold it up. :smile:

LOL! That does take some getting used to.

You can also remove that 3' x 1/2" dowel rod from underneath the carpet.

:eek:

First off, I did install that is how I took pictures to show you that they could rub. I never said they did rub. I took them off immediately. The pictures of the stut you sold me can be seen here at this post. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/show...nal email is [email][email protected][/email]

Last edited:
Interesting, but I find it odd that your buyer is the only one out of all who've purchased them who found it necessary to "grind" the struts. Everyone else has been able to install them unmodified, and so far been quite satisfied with them.

Note also that the new struts have 70 lbs of compression each, while the older ones that you bought had 60 lbs each. I still use the 60's on my car and have never had a problem with them holding up the trunk, even on chilly evenings.

NSX APPEAL shouldn't be allowed to sell these claiming they are "stronger" and better than OEM. Phil Brown"

I never made any such claim.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great alternative to OEM maybe a helpful reminder to the people listed below to update your trader rating? That would probably greatly help you sell more of these, as well maybe some closer shots of the struts mounted will also be nice for potential buyers?

Thanks,

They absolutely do not rub or interfere with the mounting plate, and I've not taken a single pair back from a customer who has complained that they do. I do have some closeups on the hard drive somewhere...I'll see if I can find them.

Meanwhile, you can ask any of the NSX-P members who've installed them if they have any rubbing issues:

dawk
silver-one
lithiumus
Velveeta
Hondatech
kennyc
ssj6kR
xory72

...these are the recent buyers. Over 55 pairs sold to date.

Sounds like a great alternative to OEM maybe a helpful reminder to the people listed below to update your trader rating? That would probably greatly help you sell more of these

I agree and have tried that. Unfortunately my buyers don't seem to be very eager to post f/b. I have to admit in their defense that the feedback process here does seem a bit complicated.

You mentioned via a pm you were out of 70lb units. When do you expect a new shipment?

I agree and have tried that. Unfortunately my buyers don't seem to be very eager to post f/b. I have to admit in their defense that the feedback process here does seem a bit complicated.

So to make it clear I do not have this install on my car personally... but those who are interested I saw the product installed on a car at NSXPO... so for those who are wondering... yes the offset is not the same as OEM, but they do not touch the trunk brackets, its pretty close but no rubbing. The install I saw had a washer used as a spacer just in case it somehow moves closer to the bracket as a safety, not sure if that washer is part of the deal but I'm sure it can't be that hard or expensive to go down to HomeDepot to find one.

Last edited:
These work great. They were easy to install. There is no rubbing. The trunk stays up. Great instructions. No issues except that the plastic assembly (purpose unknown to me) on the driver's side does not entirely fit on the new strut (everything works and there are no warning lights or sounds or rattles or...)

Last edited:
im really interested in buying all four struts, but i really dont know about the drivers side trunk strut plastic that holds the wire, i mean i think using a zip tie for that is so ghetto, does someone have pictures of some sort of fix or modification for this plastic to be able to use these struts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back