• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Type S Momo Steering Wheel

Cruise control buttons relocated to the steering column.

IMG_1190_2.jpg

I was worried it was a scam because they didn't have real pics. One of the picture is the Alfa version.

I will confirm with him. I asked him to look up whether the part was available for purchase. He confirmed it was and added the ad. He sells lots of Honda parts including the Type R version of the steering wheel. Hopefully he just used an incorrect photo.

Last edited:
Someone on facebook said it might be the wheel with the ring cover on. Either way his photos are terrible, they look like 4 different wheels taken on a iphone 4.

I was worried it was a scam because they didn't have real pics. One of the picture is the Alfa version.

Update: Seller is expecting the actual steering wheels in tomorrow. He should be able to update the photos to include box with part # on it. He was surprised at the response to his ad. I think there are 3 more steering wheels for sale now.

Last edited:
Not familiar with the S tune - do you mean the Type S Momo wheel? If so, hope these help - I run a Works Bell (regular, not quick release) hub with mine. I don't have a pic of it with my OEM wheel, but here are a couple pics of it with my old Momo Zagato (which is essentially the same exact thing).

48141189107_b5eae8c892_b.jpg

48141123598_db606777e7_b.jpg

With the Works Bell does it require the Horn Button inner ring piece? Does it require any wiring changes to allow the horn to work and cancel the air bag light?

https://www.mitamotorsports.com/1st-gen/horn-button

Last edited:
The works bell utilises the cable reel, so easier to hook up the horn and other functions. The OEM Type R hub will require additional wiring to enable the horn and cruise control functions.
Remember that the works bell is a billet aluminium hub and the OEM Type R hub has a crushable structure, so if safety is a consideration, OEM wins.

The works bell utilises the cable reel, so easier to hook up the horn and other functions. The OEM Type R hub will require additional wiring to enable the horn and cruise control functions.
Remember that the works bell is a billet aluminium hub and the OEM Type R hub has a crushable structure, so if safety is a consideration, OEM wins.
Good point.

Thanks, the crushable structure of the OEM makes me feel a little better about removing the airbag.

Check out the updated photos. It is the real thing. Mine is on the way via Fed Ex. 3 left for sale at a very good price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-Acur...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

He also has both NSX-R steering wheels for sale too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-Acur...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-Acur...071412?hash=item5b83e86cb4:g:XacAAOSwQ2tf1xDO

Last edited:
Thanks, I also ordered one the first day and it was shipped. Now I got to get a boss kit!
Me too. I am leaning towards buying the full kit from Marc. How about you? I am going with Marc's Acura A horn button.

Me too. I am leaning towards buying the full kit from Marc. How about you? I am going with Marc's Acura A horn button.

Yeah I'm going to get the boss kit from Marc as well. I may get the Acura horn button just because its inexpensive for now. I recently went to H badges on the outside so I want the H badge, but heard OEM is pretty poor quality (Especially for $200+). I was also considering the NSX-R Column plastics since it sounds like it doesn't have the airbag wiring cutout. Not sure it's worth spending extra money right now though.

https://www.mitamotorsports.com/1st-gen/steering-column

Someone on facebook said it might be the wheel with the ring cover on. Either way his photos are terrible, they look like 4 different wheels taken on a iphone 4.
I guess I missed the comments on FB. I'd like to respond to them since it is a good deal for anyone looking for these steering wheels. Got a link?

Cruise control buttons relocated to the steering column.

Love it. I think this is one of the best solution for the cruise control buttons.

John's solution is excellent. Very tidy and elegant.

Thanks, the crushable structure of the OEM makes me feel a little better about removing the airbag.

This is why I opted for OEM for my Type-S wheel. Once you see the crumple structure in your hand, you feel a lot better.

I was also considering the NSX-R Column plastics since it sounds like it doesn't have the airbag wiring cutout. Not sure it's worth spending extra money right now though.

https://www.mitamotorsports.com/1st-gen/steering-column

IMHO it's not worth it. I have the Type-S steering column lower cover and honestly Honda "cheaped" out here at least from my perspective. It still has the cutout but has another piece of plastic glued in to hide the cutout. If you go with the NSX-R column piece you really should do all 3 pieces, or at least the upper and lower, since they are a different finish than the standard OEM finish.

Did you receive yours yet?
Just received the package via Fed Ex. Fast shipping. Very well packaged and it is legit! Just a note the box lists the wheel at 360mm. Looks great.

Last edited:
IMHO it's not worth it. I have the Type-S steering column lower cover and honestly Honda "cheaped" out here at least from my perspective. It still has the cutout but has another piece of plastic glued in to hide the cutout. If you go with the NSX-R column piece you really should do all 3 pieces, or at least the upper and lower, since they are a different finish than the standard OEM finish.

Thanks for letting me know. Maybe I'll 3D print a plug.

Back