• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Video findings

https://youtu.be/CQPqILfXsd8

288649348_10217040999652307_3364444376869199487_n.jpg

looks to be a sequential and he's just letting off the throttle anytime he has to shift. No clutch pedal.

The early JGTC NSXs used a sequential similar to the GT1 and GT2 Le Mans cars, on which they were based. For upshifts, no clutch was required (just a slight throttle lift), but it did have a clutch pedal, which was used on downshifts. There are videos of Keiichi Tsuchiya's footwork on these cars out there on YT.

The early JGTC NSXs used a sequential similar to the GT1 and GT2 Le Mans cars, on which they were based. For upshifts, no clutch was required (just a slight throttle lift), but it did have a clutch pedal, which was used on downshifts. There are videos of Keiichi Tsuchiya's footwork on these cars out there on YT.
Yup I’m aware there were some 3 pedal sequential but the one in this video appears to be a 2 pedal. The driver doesn’t seem to move his left foot at all.

If you're going to use that 2k clear coat you absolutely need to use an organic vapor respirator as breathing even small amounts can harm you, and this warning should really be attached to any video showcasing it.

You can lay down a near-mirror finish with that product straight out of the can, I've used it a few times for various things, based on the textured finish I suspect the coats were sprayed too thin.

I couldn't imagine buying a Type R and then painting the wheels black. Maybe just me.

Not just you. I don't get the love affair with black wheels in general. They look ok on some vehicles, but not every vehicle. For instance the black wheels on the Type S don't look that great on every colour.

Back