• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX VS Yamaha R6!!

Just wanted to warn you guys about racing bikes. The other day I was on a nice road doing about 80 when I came up on a new R6. I roadrace bikes and happen to have an R6 also, so I knew at that speed it would be a close race. As I approached, the bike saw me coming and layed into it. Not being too concerned about rock chips off that little tire, I obliged. At about 100, the little tire through up a big rock and left a big chip in my windshield. He then switched lanes so I stayed in the heat of battle. I continued afterward to the car wash where I noticed that 2 other rocks had hit my baby, one on the fender and one on the bumper. The rock that hit the bumper actually cut into the poly-urathane. The one on the fender was minor but it still hurts!! By the way, the rider of the R6 gave me a thumbs up as I passed him doing about 115. It is all about HP at that speed!!!

I roadrace bikes and happen to have an R6 also, so I knew at that speed it would be a close race

Umm, before I educate you on power:weight ratio, I assume your NSX has over 500 hp? If not, this statement is FUBARD. This is the equivalent of saying a person in their Gremlin can keep up with a NSX. NO two wheel racer in their sane capacity would make any statement such as that. If you do roadrace bikes, what sanctioning body are you with? Local, national?

By the way, the rider of the R6 gave me a thumbs up as I passed him doing about 115. It is all about HP at that speed!!!

Do you know how much hp a '02 R6 has? 120 hp at 365 lbs. dry weight. Now do you really think anyone would believe this comment?

Don't consider this as a flame, Steve but when someone makes statements about racing a R6 claiming it would be a "close race" on a NSX board, someone has got to step in, or is this just bait?

Regards,

------------------
-Nader
01 Integra

[This message has been edited by Prancing Horse (edited 12 February 2002).]

Originally posted by Prancing Horse:
Do you know how much hp a '02 R6 has? 120 hp at 365 lbs. dry weight. Now do you really think anyone would believe this comment?

Don't consider this as a flame, Steve but when someone makes statements about racing a R6 claiming it would be a "close race" on a NSX board, someone has got to step in, or is this just bait?

Regards,

FYI I am not a "racer" but I do own a 929RR. My TT NSX would kill my bike on the HIGHWAY, Yes I said HIGHWAY. I have raced friends and others in anything from a R6 to a GSX-R1000 (01) Lets put it this way. I didn't loose to the GSXR we were neck and neck at 160MPH F4i that was with him, he was a good 1/4 mile behind. It's a diff. story off the line, a bike would KILL me.. LOL Don't sleep on the NSX..
smile.gif

Most people are intimidated by bikes, yes they are fast off the line and there isnt a production car out there that would even come close off the line or in the quarter, but when your in the tripple digits, move over bikes cause its all about aerodynamics/Cd and HP. I myself had beaten many 600 cc's on the "Highway" with my datsun 280 Z =0.

At highway speeds mid-sized sport bikes can be easily caught off guard. The reason is lack of torque to pull the taller gears. HP to weight ratio only matters if you are at the RPM that is yeilding your maximum HP. If you are caught halfway to red-line in 5th or 6th gear, you can easily be beat in a race. 1000cc sport bikes fare better in this respect.

Nader, you obviously do not know what you are talking about. Yes, the r6 is 365 dry...add 25 lbs for fuel and 190lb rider...this give you 580lbs. And, the bike puts out about 97 hp at the wheel. I know I see them on the dyno often. As for my racing, I placed 2nd for the season in the Championship cup series
endurance series (open class, on a P.O.S. Triumph 955 against R1's. The hp/lb ratio for an r6 w/rider is 6 lb/hp. My car is 9.3/hp. At 100 mph it is not about ratio's but about aerodynamics and max hp. Top speed on r6 = 157 stock nsx 168..think about it...somewhere in there the NSX will pass the bike. That somewhere is about 115!! Don't mean to flame you, but I have been around bikes all my life. I know what they do,and I love them for it!!! Bring your R6 to any track and we will see who knows what about bikes!!

If you are caught halfway to red-line in 5th or 6th gear, you can easily be beat in a race

With that being said, I will assume the victorious expereinces you guys have had with various 600cc sportbikes and apparently a gixxer 1K
eek.gif
is due to poor riding technique. I am sure most of us can agree to the fact that some sportbike riders are 'squids' -as eluded to in another post here- not having the faintest clue as to where their powerband is.

Steve,

I plan on bringing my bike to the track this season. I don't have a R6 but my track bike is a GSX-R600. If your ever in WA, let me know and we'll head to the track!
smile.gif
This will be my first race season so it will be interesting.

-Nader
Honda F4i (street bitch. might sell to feed track habbit)
Suzuki GSX-R600 (track bitch)

As for my racing, I placed 2nd for the season in the Championship cup series
endurance series (open class, on a P.O.S. Triumph 955 against R1's. [/B]
Hey Steve
Were you at roebling and Daytona last year for the endurance race? I was there racing also (600's) After we finished the day, we stayed to support the Pre-paid legal team and a couple of other buddies racing. You gotta love that rush
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by chudson1549 (edited 14 February 2002).]

Back