• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx wheels

im in the market for some stock NSX wheels, but i don't know much about them. what sizes and what styles do they come in in the states? i was lookin' through my HYPER REV mag and it shows four different styles two 5spokes (one thick and one thin) the classic 7spokes and a mesh style. were these all offered in the states? what are the sizes, i was hoping that i could get either some 16"s or 17"s. any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanx, Chris

The NSX's came with:

'91-'93 came with 15/16 5-spoke design
'94-'01 came with 16/17 7-spoke design

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/tiretech.htm
Check this link out. FAQ nazi and FORUM nazi must be asleep!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I looked at the HyperRev magazine and it DOES show 2 more types of wheels than the US market gets. It shows the Type-S and S-Zero Wheels which I believe are the BBS LM wheels. These are the same size as the '95+ 16/17" Combo. The other one's shown are on the NSX-R, again a model not sold in the US. The wheels that the NSX-R came with I believe are the Enkei RP-01 model. They were in the 15/16" size, this I cannot confirm as I remember watching the BM NSX debut video and they mentioned running the "new" NSX-R with the 16/17" wheels.

ahh... so you can do a 16-17 combo, i had never heard of that done before so i wasn't sure (although i couldn't see why not)

thanx for all your help, i think i might continue on my previous path and get the touring cups. i got my oems from a tire shop for $25ea and i was hoping that i could possibly get some used NSX wheels for a compable price. i guess i was just dreaming
smile.gif

hejo

your in LO? do you ever go to the Lake Twin Cinemas, you've probably seen me. i used to manage that place until i came up here for school.

i don't have an NSX, i drive an AquamarinePearl (blue green) '91 MR2 that was always parked at the theatre. (MR2s have the same lug pattern as NSXs)

Originally posted by mysta2:
hejo

your in LO? do you ever go to the Lake Twin Cinemas, you've prolly seen me. i used to manage that place until i came up here for school.

i don't have an NSX, i drive an AquamarinePearl (blue green) '91 MR2 that was always parked at the theatre. (MR2s have the same lug pattern as NSXs)

Sure do. My wife and I would go every now and then. There's 2 black NSXes in town and I know of 2 reds and a yellow but never see them out on the road. Hopefully after school you'll join the club and get an NSX.

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/tiretech.htm
Check this link out.

Actually, there's better information about the wheels in http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/wheeltech.htm But, oddly enough, they're not pictured on that page.

I looked at the HyperRev magazine and it DOES show 2 more types of wheels than the US market gets. It shows the Type-S and S-Zero Wheels which I believe are the BBS LM wheels.

Are those the ones that were sold in the US market on the NSX Zanardi edition, or something else?

FAQ Nazi, yes the Zanardi wheels are the same BBS LM's that were sold in Japan on the Type-S and S-Zero.
Although the US version of the BBS LM's look like they are charcoal grey, whereas the Japanese versions are silver.

Back