• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX2S2K - S2000 Instrument Cluster Conversion Kit

I think the AP1 is great if you build your engine to hit 9k RPMs.....

Yes, absolutely. Also, the EDM/JDM AP2 clusters also has the 9000 rpm redline. Only US got the 8000 rpm AP2 version, from what I know.

Testing for 2000-2005 NSX's are successful, the temp gauge is now under control and is working! :smile:

We will continue to do a more careful and precise calibration to make sure the gauge is accurate.

Last edited:
So how do i purchase a AP2 ?

My favorite source of S2000 clusters is Ebay. AP1's can be found in abundance there, Us 2004 and 2005 AP2's are a bit rarer but they pop up from time to time. They may be available on other sites as well.

To order my conversion kit, that allows a Plug&Play installation of an S2000 cluster into the NSX, head over to
https://www.sjoebergdesign.com and you'll find the kits and all accessories under "Shop" :smile:

Just got it today .......The kit and the AP2 all in a nice case.
A big thank you....can't wait to see it in my NSX
Rich

Thanks for the feedback Rich! Enjoy your new instrumentation. We'd love pictures, feel free to post them up here!

PS: Also, I've restocked AP2 cores for anyone who needs a cluster quickly.

Last edited:
Just wanted to give Johan a shout out on the amount of customer support and care in ensuring the product got to you safely in its own foam padded hard case. The quality workmanship of his product and proper electrical engineering of the product, along with the quality of mounting hardware fabricated in house is impressive. I'm attaching a picture of my AP2 cluster with the qube engineering white/red color scheme mod to complete the look. This newest evolution of his product is truly a well-thought out and plug and play solution to our aging cluster. Even once I received the product, Johan was a quick e-mail or fb message away from answering my questions. Johan is a class act and would recommend anyone on the fence to go ahead and pull the trigger on this transaction because it is the best electronic upgrade to the car to complement my AEM infinity.

Johan AP2 Cluster.jpg

Last edited:
I knew he was something special from the very first pics of the kit in the case...:eek:

Just wanted to give Johan a shout out on the amount of customer support and care in ensuring the product got to you safely in its own foam padded hard case. The quality workmanship of his product and proper electrical engineering of the product, along with the quality of mounting hardware fabricated in house is impressive. I'm attaching a picture of my AP2 cluster with the qube engineering white/red color scheme mod to complete the look. This newest evolution of his product is truly a well-thought out and plug and play solution to our aging cluster. Even once I received the product, Johan was a quick e-mail or fb message away from answering my questions. Johan is a class act and would recommend anyone on the fence to go ahead and pull the trigger on this transaction because it is the best electronic upgrade to the car to complement my AEM infinity.

I knew he was something special from the very first pics of the kit in the case...:eek:

​BerzerkFury02, I can't properly express my appreciation for you taking your time and writing such a nice review of your experience with your kit, and for sharing a pic of your install. Thank you!

It's an honor for me to serve the NSX community, which is the best and finest car community I know of, and both our community and the NSX deserves our best effort. I try to stretch myself to the longest in pursuing the best end results, which is the customer experience of quality, functionality and cost effectiveness and I'm very glad to hear your expectations seems to have been met.

docjohn, I'm still waiting for your order haha
:wink: Thank you for your nice comment and for checking in to this thread.

All the best,

the funny thing is I owned an ap1 s2000 for 10 years...:smile:

Hey everyone. Just wanted to post a quick review about Johan’s product.

Short history of myself. Been a tech for 20 years. Did many s2000 cluster swaps in civics and íntegras going back as far as 10-12 years ago. I decided to do the cluster swap on my Nsx wire for wire about 3 years ago.

Now, fast forward to last week. Rich [MENTION=22735]nsxtreme91[/MENTION] received his kit from johan. I installed it for him. I must say I will never ever do this conversion wire by wire ever again! Johan’s kit is so well thought out. Everything fits perfect. Very easy even for the DIYer from home. He has definitely made the best plug and play cluster swap solution so anyone doubting or still trying to decide to order please contact johan right away!

I’ll be ordering a kit to reinstall mine that’s how much I like his kits!

5abed0aca5448695148f52bfd9c924d3.jpg

fb01179cbc94b4ec4bc92649d3873c0e.jpg

4c4616bc8920caf4517025821f560df3.jpg

60f6c65fcdb50974825695e35399bc65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Patiently waiting since you announced you were working on the Ap2 for 2000 and up!!!!

Testing for 2000-2005 NSX's are successful, the temp gauge is now under control and is working! :smile:

We will continue to do a more careful and precise calibration to make sure the gauge is accurate.

Patiently waiting since you announced you were working on the Ap2 for 2000 and up!!!!

I'm glad to hear, and yes we're working on a solution for 2000-2005 NSX's, we have working prototypes running. We just need to calibrate the engine temp gauge so we can achieve as high of a precision gauge as for the kits for 1991-1999 NSX's.

I will announce in good time when we have a commercially available solution ready
:smile:

Is it normal for the speed reading under 15mph to be erratic? When I slow down for a red light my cluster will still show 5-15mph at a stop until I start moving again.

Hi there, no this is not normal at all! It should go to 0 within a second after stopping the car completely. Sending PM to you so we can figure out what's wrong.

<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm so in love with mine and service support is remarkable/above standard.

Last edited:
Qube Engineering LED kits are being restocked in a few days :smile:

ANY color combination is possible, here are three examples:

Blue:
20161214_170105 (1).jpg

Green:
20171221_221641.jpg

White with custom tacho colors:
20161106_163955.jpg

Also, the Qube LED kits produces a much higher brightness/light output which is advantageous on bright, sunny days. I offer the Qube LED upgrade kits installed as an option together with my S2000 cluster conversion kits for the NSX.

Orders and more info here: https://www.sjoebergdesign.com/nsx2s2k/

Last edited:
Back