• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX2S2K - S2000 Instrument Cluster Conversion Kit

S2000 AP1 cluster is in!

If someone is interested in getting an AP1 cluster for their NSX with one of my kits with immediate dispatch I'm willing to let the cluster go at a sub-market price of $299. First come first serve basis! Send me an email and I'll put together a good package deal.

I'll set the odometer to match your vehicle mileage, down to the exact mile.

PS: Picture 2 from EuroBoutique, installed with a customer specified custom color Qube LED upgrade kit.

AP1.jpg
EuroBoutique - Kopia.jpg

curious how many kits have you built and sold so far? you can pm if you prefer.

curious how many kits have you built and sold so far? you can pm if you prefer.

Hi docjohn,

Interesting question! I haven't counted, but I estimate it's over 100 kits now across all over the world. May I interest you in a deal perhaps? One radiology professional to another?
:smile:

Cheers!
Johan

haha My favorite ambulance chaser considers me a film critic:wink:......I love the plug and play you have created but I'm ok with my needles....:tongue:

It's awesome that you got it running. I like the S2000 cluster and been going back and forth in my head how it will look. I downloaded realdash app and actually ride with my iphone on nsx cluster to see it with my own eyes. Its def cool looking. Need to budget it in for this year ;)
Great job on getting it figure it out, I know how that can be.

It's awesome that you got it running. I like the S2000 cluster and been going back and forth in my head how it will look. I downloaded realdash app and actually ride with my iphone on nsx cluster to see it with my own eyes. Its def cool looking. Need to budget it in for this year ;)
Great job on getting it figure it out, I know how that can be.

Thanks NSXMUGEN! It took me a couple of years to develop this solution, and I took my time to make everything top notch and fully Plug&Play, with no compromises. I'll be here when you're ready to proceed with your project. If you want to you can send me an email and I can put together a package deal for you so you'll know what you're looking at.

Cool app! I'll get it right away!

Absolutely fantastic color choice by one of my customers for his LED upgraded S2000 cluster conversion - I think it's so good I'm swapping to this in my own NSX as well!

Interested in getting a kit for your NSX? Send an email to [email protected] or pm me with your preferences and I'll put together a deal for you.

Find out more about my products for the NSX over at https://www.sjoebergdesign.com

Qube1.jpg

haha My favorite ambulance chaser considers me a film critic:wink:......I love the plug and play you have created but I'm ok with my needles....:tongue:
From a guy who's been in his fair share of ambulances, just keep watch on that old cluster. Seems a few have caused car fires in varying degrees. Maybe a good idea to leave the battery unhooked during non-use. $.02

From a guy who's been in his fair share of ambulances, just keep watch on that old cluster. Seems a few have caused car fires in varying degrees. Maybe a good idea to leave the battery unhooked during non-use. $.02

Thanks for the warning, I have heard 3'rd and 4th hand about the sparky cluster..

I heard of one such instance... Crazy. It's one thing that electronics such as caps ages and fails over time, but to have shorts or low resistance/high amp currents that causes fires at the end of the life cycle of the circuitry is not good at all. Measures should always be taken by the engineer to protect the circuitry against these events.

My back light doesn’t light up anymore. I checked relays and fuses I’m not sure if it’s the cluster itself or the fact that it was sent out to qube for LED lighting upgrade

My back light doesn’t light up anymore. I checked relays and fuses I’m not sure if it’s the cluster itself or the fact that it was sent out to qube for LED lighting upgrade

That doesn't sound right! Get in touch with Art over at Qube Engineering ([email protected]), I'm sure he can help as soon as he's been able to restock again (there's been a lot of trouble getting parts given the current pandemic...)

Keep me in the loop.

All the best,
Johan

Review - S2000 Cluster Conversion Kit - Sjoeberg Design

Hello Prime!

After several months of install and driving, I finally coalesced my thoughts enough to deliver a review of the Sjoeberg Design cluster conversion kit!

I have included links to detailed pictures & in-car videos. I hope everyone finds them useful!

If you have questions - feel free to reach out, and I will do my best to answer! [I have tons more video and pictures not included in these links.]

Part 1: Cluster Receiving + Installation Notes:

https://docs.google.com/<wbr>presentation/d/<wbr>1PxkXqZM0oDqauoMwOnIG3fSHeNwKB<wbr>orB1lIBnm02CG8/edit?usp=<wbr>sharing

Part 2: Installed Cluster Views + Notes:

https://docs.google.com/<wbr>presentation/d/1vkf1n5C8g7GVW-<wbr>Tb1xi_Vmmv3384EeYJqv8E4Hub-CU/<wbr>edit?usp=sharing

Installed Cluster Videos

https://photos.app.goo.gl/<wbr>y4UAUhdQjuu9rkYf9

***Glare in these videos is not present in real life!! It's hard to set up a camera to eliminate the reflections. Depending on how new your S2000 cluster face-plate is, your glare experience will vary***

The Grand Conclusion Statement

The engineering & execution of this kit is exquisite. As an engineer, I was *stimulated* by the ease of integration, the packaging presentation, and the quality of the installation videos that Mr. Sjoeberg provides on his website.

I must also commend Mr. Sjoeberg for his willingness to answer my email queries every step of the way!

Running in (super-duper hip) engineering circles like me, you can encounter strong opinions about many things, and obscene obsession on various details. I am happy to report that this kit kept opinions concise and nitpick-free; there was only awe.

10/10 - A Triumph

Peace & Love to all of you, and thanks for your time & attention!

Thanks alot for this thorough documentation and review of the product! I really appreciate it, and I think many will find it useful. I'm happy to read that the kit is up to your expectations, a 10 out of a 10 :smile:

Interested NSX owners are welcome to contact me at [email protected], I'd be happy to help out and discuss your project goals and preferences.

Stay safe,
Johan

I'm just echoing what 8kallday mentioned in his post.
I just completed my ap1 dash install and the combination of qube engineering's LED upgrade and johan's plug and play kit leads to an awesome result. If you're unsure whether to do it, or not, I'd say go for it: you won't be disappointed

IMG_20200725_180528.jpg

I've had my eye on this for a while, as well :) But currently, other items on the car need attention so I will have to wait for this upgrade.

I also have a background in engineering and find this package to be exceptionally put together. Johan has also been very kind over email and responded to many questions from me, even knowing that I am not ready to buy right now.

Cheers

I'm just echoing what 8kallday mentioned in his post.
I just completed my ap1 dash install and the combination of qube engineering's LED upgrade and johan's plug and play kit leads to an awesome result. If you're unsure whether to do it, or not, I'd say go for it: you won't be disappointed

Thanks for sharing bpgt! I'm glad everything is up to your expectations. I must agree that the Qube really boosts the performance of these great instrument clusters.

I've had my eye on this for a while, as well :) But currently, other items on the car need attention so I will have to wait for this upgrade.

I also have a background in engineering and find this package to be exceptionally put together. Johan has also been very kind over email and responded to many questions from me, even knowing that I am not ready to buy right now.

Cheers

I'll be here ready to help out when you've sorted things out with your NSX :smile:

Cheers,
Johan

Thanks for sharing bpgt! I'm glad everything is up to your expectations. I must agree that the Qube really boosts the performance of these great instrument clusters.

I'll be here ready to help out when you've sorted things out with your NSX :smile:

Cheers,
Johan

Do you have any S2000 plug and play kits readily available? I am interested.

Do you have any S2000 plug and play kits readily available? I am interested.

Hello! Yes, I have kits in stock and I'm also taking delivery of a new batch of Qube LED upgrade kits for the S2000 cluster next week. Send me an email with your preferences and I'll be happy to put together a deal for you.

[email protected]

All the best,
Johan

Hello everyone!

I'm out of stock of the kits, but I'm working on a new revision that doesn't require anyone to send me their core S2000 clusters for modification. No ETA yet, but it's coming! Along with a few other nice things :)

I'll announce it here once I'm ready to take new orders.

Cheers,
Johan

I have a few remaining AP2 kits for 1995-1999 NSX's available, I'll let them go with a $100 off!

Send me an email to [email protected] if you'd like to get your hands on one of these. It will be some time before I can offer new kits again, so here's a good chance to get one if you have an NSX in the 1995-1999 range.

PS: Customers will need to supply an AP2 cluster (model year 2004 or 2005)

F1_legends.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a version for NA2s? Thanks.

Is there a version for NA2s? Thanks.

Yes, I've developed kits for all years. There are three versions of the product:

1991-1994 (out of stock at the moment - working on the next batch)
1995-1999 (in stock!)
2000-2005 (out of stock at the moment - working on the first batch)

Finished install of my AP2 kit today.
Absolutely fantastic and I'm amazed with the quality of components.

I still have a stock steering wheel but the install was still quite easy. Easiest part was the dremel of the oem shroud.

Back