• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXBAE Says Hello Prime Members!

Howdy Ho NSX Owners,

This is my 1st ever NSXPrime post, and hopefully I am doing this right! I decided to be with the times and begin utilizing this platform since so many of you are on here. Currently, I own a 1992 Acura NSX Formula Red (5 Spd) and a 1991 Honda NSX Formula Red (Auto). Previously, I owned a 1994 Brookland's Green NSX which I traded for my 1992.

Most folks have a pretty bad-ass NSX Ownership Story, so I'd love to share mine for when it comes to my 92' NSX!

It was a random Wednesday Morning, and I received a phone call from a good friend of mine telling me to stop what I was doing and drive 1.50hr to the middle of NOWHERE to a dealership. I was asking lots of questions; however, none of them were being answered! His response was Less Talking, More NSX Driving. I hopped in my 1st NSX (Brookland's Green) and headed to this dealership. As soon as I pulled up, I was greeted by the Dealership GM and proclaimed it was nice to finally meet the NSX Lady of the South. - Still puzzled as ever as to what is happening and why am I here until I was taken to the Showroom floor -

As I walk around the corner, I see a PRISTINE bright red NSX with beautiful and tasteful aftermarket modifications. This gentleman asked me to look over it and give him my 2 cents. So I did just that! After nearly 30 minutes, he proclaimed his goal was to put it back to stock, and wanted my input of how much and how quickly that could be done. I stood there in complete disbelief because it would take more effort to do that vs. just obtaining another NSX that was more stock. I made a joke stating he'd be better off trading NSXs with me than trying to put that one back to stock. His response? "Let's do it!"

After some further discussions and negotiations, we came to an agreement on the terms of our Trade. The day comes to do the trade, and he tells me to bring a truck because he has so many extra parts to go along with the car. I was really excited about this because this was just a cherry on top. I began loading up the truck with all these additional parts - Not paying attention to what all I received. Once home, my boyfriend, John, helped unload all the extras.

We unloaded this extra set of wheels (Volk Rays). Things seemed familiar - way too familiar - Think Deja Vu! It wasn't just me - John was also experiencing this feeling. We sat there and looked at this bright Red NSX and these extra set of wheels trying to figure out why the two looked so familiar. John GASPED and looked at me and said "Becca - I need you to sit down with what I am about to tell you."

"Becca, I think this is Bryce's old NSX." I froze. I began shaking. My mind was running a mile a minute. I took a picture of the Car, VIN, and Wheels and messaged who I thought may have been the previous owner of this car. Within the hour, it was confirmed that - YES! - this was indeed Bryce's old NSX. You may be asking, who the hell is Bryce and why is this relevant? Time to try to hold back the tears and goosebumps with the story. The NSX that I currently own is the 1st NSX I ever saw, sat in, and rode in when I was 13 years old which belonged to our good friend! Talk about 'Fate' and 'Meant-to-be' !

Fast forward to today... My 92' NSX is built to my personality, style, and passion. Its most prominent feature is my custom designed Mental Health Awareness Wrap. I'll make a build spec sheet for a NSXPrime Forum post in the 'NSX Builds' Section.

Lastly, I am going through a complete overhaul, restoration, rebuild of my 91' RHD NSX. Shout-out to Barney Demonbreun who has taken on the task to bring it back to its best form. None of this would be possible without the assistance of Science of Speed, NSX Rack Repair, Amayama, Autozone, Rock Auto, and my local Honda dealer helping me obtain all the things needed for this build. Hopefully, it will be up and running within the next 2 weeks.

Enjoy these photos of my Mental Health NSX + The day I got my Right Hand Drive NSX! 🌸

[HASH=120]#YouMatter[/HASH] 🌺 [HASH=122]#CallorText988[/HASH] 🌻 [HASH=130]#MentalHealthMatters[/HASH] 🌷

MentalHealth.jpgCarbon Fiber Interior.jpgInterior 1.jpgInterior.jpgUnderbody.jpgUnderbody1.jpgAirRide.jpgRooftop.jpgRacing.jpgRHD NSX.jpg

Becca, really nice story and good to see you also coming here as this may be the most important community for NSX owners for the last few decades.
I as European NSX owner have been here since 2006 and got loads of invaluable info's from this community, even found my 2nd NSX here for sale in the US and bought it/ exported it to my home in The Netherlands

Last edited:
Welcome to The Original NSX Prime. It’s lots easier to search info here than on FB.

Welcome to Prime!

It's pretty awesome that you eventually owned the NSX you first rode in. I was already an adult when I did that, but that's the moment my NSX dream suddenly became a realistic objective.

I remember that moment well because the owner was a colleague where I worked. I learned he was an owner because my boss knew I was a fan of the NSX (at the time, my boss drove a Mark IV Supra). The NSXer had an early model coupe I never saw because he had just taken possession of a brand new Berlina Black 1997 NSX-T.

My NSX owning colleague offered to take me to lunch in his new NSX. Of course I said "YES!". I don't remember where we went to eat, but I'll never forget him showing me how easy it was to remove and stow the roof panel, how great it felt to sit in the passenger seat, smell that new NSX smell, hear the engine fire up for the first time, feel the wind in my hair as we drove to lunch...

A few years later, he offered to sell me his NSX when his Ferrari arrived. I seriously thought about buying it, but the idea of owning a brand new NSX was now firmly in my mind and I didn't know exactly when he'd be taking possession of his 360 Modena. I'll just say that I'm really glad I bought mine new.

And I found this forum just days AFTER I bought it.

I know who owns his NSX now (never met in person, but he's also in the videogame industry... and has owned it ever since).

Last edited:
Good to see you here, Becca. We met a couple of weeks ago at C&C. Of course, I saw the green one for sale on FB. and your response to the ad. Are you really planning to get it back?😀👍

@Nsxbae welcome to Prime! I've been following you on FB and I'm glad you finally made it over to the home of the NSX community. ;) I love your story and it's stuff like that that makes our community special! You should start a build thread for your RHD restoration!

Welcome! What mods did you do aside from the wrap?
Hello @pvmike ,

I plan on doing a build sheet on the other topics discussion board here soon. Definitely nowhere near stock + lots of plans in the work at the moment. Super stoked to tell you all!

Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Becca, really nice story and good to see you also coming here as this may be the most important community for NSX owners for the last few decades.
I as European NSX owner have been here since 2006 and got loads of invaluable info's from this community, even found my 2nd NSX here for sale in the US and bought it/ exported it to my home in The Netherlands
Thank you for the welcoming invite! I won't lie this is a major learning curve coming from someone who grew up on Myspace and Facebook with ZERO forum experience. haha 😜

Welcome to Prime!

It's pretty awesome that you eventually owned the NSX you first rode in. I was already an adult when I did that, but that's the moment my NSX dream suddenly became a realistic objective.

I remember that moment well because the owner was a colleague where I worked. I learned he was an owner because my boss knew I was a fan of the NSX (at the time, my boss drove a Mark IV Supra). The NSXer had an early model coupe I never saw because he had just taken possession of a brand new Berlina Black 1997 NSX-T.

My NSX owning colleague offered to take me to lunch in his new NSX. Of course I said "YES!". I don't remember where we went to eat, but I'll never forget him showing me how easy it was to remove and stow the roof panel, how great it felt to sit in the passenger seat, smell that new NSX smell, hear the engine fire up for the first time, feel the wind in my hair as we drove to lunch...

A few years later, he offered to sell me his NSX when his Ferrari arrived. I seriously thought about buying it, but the idea of owning a brand new NSX was now firmly in my mind and I didn't know exactly when he'd be taking possession of his 360 Modena. I'll just say that I'm really glad I bought mine new.

And I found this forum just days AFTER I bought it.

I know who owns his NSX now (never met in person, but he's also in the videogame industry... and has owned it ever since).
I love this story... Especially the mention of the 360 Modena as that is another vehicle in our fleet.
I always like to cruise the beautiful downtown area near me in my NSX while my BF is in his 360 Modena!

You bought your NSX brand new? from the Dealer? I am so jealous! I always state I was born in the wrong era.
Wish my teenage years were in the 80s with my early 20s in the 90s. haha!

Good to see you here, Becca. We met a couple of weeks ago at C&C. Of course, I saw the green one for sale on FB. and your response to the ad. Are you really planning to get it back?😀👍
Hey!

The goal is to eventually own my Brooklands Green NSX back. However, I currently have an offer of 65K on my RHD NSX that I am seriously considering. That would not only pay off every dime of my debt but enable me to purchase a NC1 NSX which I desperately NEED. haha

@Nsxbae welcome to Prime! I've been following you on FB and I'm glad you finally made it over to the home of the NSX community. ;) I love your story and it's stuff like that that makes our community special! You should start a build thread for your RHD restoration!
What is the proper channel to post everything in relation to the restoration process that has been done on the RHD?
Literally imagine every single thing has been done LOL. It's been a money pit $ $ $
Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

HaHa my HS senior is playing Plankton in his spring production of Spongy

What is the proper channel to post everything in relation to the restoration process that has been done on the RHD?
Literally imagine every single thing has been done LOL. It's been a money pit $ $ $
Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
I've been there too. ;) Start a build thread in this forum. :)

I love this story... Especially the mention of the 360 Modena as that is another vehicle in our fleet.
I always like to cruise the beautiful downtown area near me in my NSX while my BF is in his 360 Modena!

You bought your NSX brand new? from the Dealer? I am so jealous! I always state I was born in the wrong era.
Wish my teenage years were in the 80s with my early 20s in the 90s. haha!
Yup I bought mine new from Acura of Pasadena (which no longer exists) in the March of 2000.

Here's a photo of my NSX in October of 2001 (as viewed from our IT guy's office) parked next to my boss' 355 GTS and colleagues' 360 Modena. I think this I was still daily driving my NSX at this point.
009_P1-X2.jpg

August of 2002
022_P1_00018-X2.jpg

I snapped this photo of my colleague's "beater" NSX in October of 2002...he didn't immediately sell it after buying the 360. I think this is the only photo I have of it, but at least I do have one of the first NSX I ever rode in. I'm not sure how much longer he owned it after I took this pic.
032_P1-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Followed you on IG before I dropped it to reduce FOMO in my life and always appreciated your content!

Glad you made you're way here and I hope a lot of other younger members do too. It's really the best place for knowledge on our cars, and while not as fast as FB or IG the info remains for everyone to use. I just saw an OP respond to a bump in his post SIXTEEN YEARS after OP started the thread. Something you won't find on FB/IG, much less any other car forum, this really is a special place.

Yup I bought mine new from Acura of Pasadena (which no longer exists) in the March of 2000.

Here's a photo of my NSX in October of 2001 (as viewed from our IT guy's office) parked next to my boss' 355 GTS and colleagues' 360 Modena. I think this I was still daily driving my NSX at this point.
009_P1-X2.jpg

August of 2002
022_P1_00018-X2.jpg

I snapped this photo of my colleague's "beater" NSX in October of 2002...he didn't immediately sell it after buying the 360. I think this is the only photo I have of it, but at least I do have one of the first NSX I ever rode in. I'm not sure how much longer he owned it after I took this pic.
032_P1-X2.jpg
These photos taken back in the early 2000s look as good as the quality of photos of today's time. Now I know these weren't taken on a flip phone haha! Camera? I'd honestly be happy to have all 3 vehicles photographed!

Now I know these weren't taken on a flip phone haha! Camera?
They were taken with my wife's and my first digital camera...Sony Cybershot P1. 3.3 megapixels is a decent resolution, but I always played with the images in Photoshop because I felt they had a video-like look to them. Still, P1's photos were far easier to share than 35mm prints from my Canon SLR since I didn't have a high quality scanner, nor did I have the time to clean up everything I scanned. I got my first Canon DSLR in 2003 (not long before I attended my first NSXPO) and never went back to film.

Back