• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCA Club Radio FCC License expired??

Hey all, was doing some research on buying a Club radio for NSXPO and went so far as to try to find out the rules of use of Business spectrum walkie talkies when I noticed that the NSXCA License is showing expired as of 7/31/2013, and canceled as of 04/05/2014 on the FCC website.
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1794864

If it's true, that would mean use of all club radios at the NSXPO event would be technically illegal, wouldn't it? Has someone taken action to renew it or are we covered under another license? I did some searches for anything "NSX" on the FCC page and found nothing. Likewise I searched the 464.55 MHz range and there is no open license for anything NSX related.
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/General_Menu_Reports/engineering_search_out.cfm?state_select=&begin_freq_type=M&end_freq_type=M&polar=B&radio_ch0=P&lat_ddd=&lat_mm=&lat_ss=&ns_radio_ch1=N&lon_ddd=&lon_mm=&lon_ss=&ew_radio_ch1=W&radius=&distance_type=&lat_ddd2=&lat_mm2=&lat_ss2=&ns_radio_ch2=&lon_ddd2=&lon_mm2=&lon_ss2=&ew_radio_ch2=&ACCESSIBLE=NO&soundex_select=&begin_grant_date=&end_grant_date=&begin_expiration_date=&end_expiration_date=&sortstring=%2C+lic_name%2C+file_num&limit_select=4&begin_freq=464.5400&end_freq=464.5600&rs_delimited_list=GB~GU~IG~YB~YG~YU

Well, based on those dates, it looks like this occurred when I was the club’s treasurer and I’m the one who made the mistake and failed to renew that year. Unfortunately or fortunately, thanks to you, my understanding is that the current board is aware of this and I’m sure they will be correcting this oversight. My apologies to you and our other club members for my mistake.

That totally explains all the cross-talk that occurred during the drives through and around San Francisco last week.

Several convenience stores/motels/hotels talking about "clean up on aisle 3" or "food left out on the balcony" or similar issues.

Good job Adrian.

That totally explains all the cross-talk that occurred during the drives through and around San Francisco last week.

Several convenience stores/motels/hotels talking about "clean up on aisle 3" or "food left out on the balcony" or similar issues.

Good job Adrian.

But that always happens anyway. Home Depot and many similar stores were always on “our” channel

Well, based on those dates, it looks like this occurred when I was the club’s treasurer and I’m the one who made the mistake and failed to renew that year. Unfortunately or fortunately, thanks to you, my understanding is that the current board is aware of this and I’m sure they will be correcting this oversight. My apologies to you and our other club members for my mistake.

stone him, stone him,stone him....:tongue:

But that always happens anyway. Home Depot and many similar stores were always on “our” channel

yes but before you could run into the store and threaten to sue..........:biggrin:

Oh, okay, I didn't know that. This was my first time with my own radio and it had never really occurred for me before when using other's radios.
I guess with the population density of a big city like San Francisco, you're bound to get some overlap.

p.s. We missed having you with us this year, Bob, but I'm guessing you are super busy now with the new position. Congratulations, if I haven't already said it!

Last edited:

Any updates to this? FCC website still showing expired.
https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1794864

Back