• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXcapades - December 6 -8, 2019 - Orlando, FL

Dear NSXCA members and NSX enthusiasts,

It’s that time of year again to enjoy the 21st annual NSXcapades, our Holiday gathering of Southeast NSX owners and enthusiasts in Orlando Florida.

This year our headquarter hotel will be the Springhill Suites at Orlando Airport, 5828 Hazeltine National Dr. We do not have a room block but current rates on-line vary from $130/night for Saturday (prepaid) to flexible rates from $150-170/night, less for Marriott Bonvoy members. Parking is $10 per car per night. Complimentary airport shuttle is available. Best of all, there is easy access from the Bee Line and nearby Florida Turnpike and I-4.

As usual, festivities begin with fine dining Friday. This year we will be guests of Hemisphere’s Steak and Seafood at the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. Chef Jeffrey Powell will be putting together a special menu just for us and we will be taken care of by Slavika, the favorite Chin family server who has been at the restaurant for 12 years! Huge glass windows overlook runway 17R where “heavies” taking off for Europe can be viewed before and during dinner (bring binoculars!). Cocktails at 6pm. Dinner at 7pm. $95pp inclusive.

Three hours of free parking are included. Views from the top floor of the “terminal top” garage are fabulous….a place I often view rocket launches from the Cape. www.hemisphereorlando.com. Those flying in can literally walk off the plane, right to dinner!

Saturday morning and early afternoon (10-3) will be spent at Wild Florida Airboats and Animal Park in Kenansville. We will caravan from the hotel leaving at 9am after enjoying their included hot breakfast. Enjoy a one-hour airboat ride followed by a catered buffet lunch and wild animal shows and exhibits ($69pp). Bring your camera! Ever hold a live alligator? Now’s your chance! www.wildfloridaairboats.com.

Let the racing begin! Saturday from 6pm to 10pm, we will invade K1 Speed Orlando (www.k1speed.com/Orlando-location.html) and test our skills on their challenging layouts in silent but deadly electric carts. It’s all about maintaining momentum and cornering speed! Our plan is to arrive at 5pm to get checked in so that we can beat the crowds later on in the evening. There’s time to stop by the hotel (en route)for a short rest and shower! Our cars will draw a crowd in the large parking lot. Enjoy a private room buffet Caribbean themed dinner with sweet iced tea. Three races (discounted $59pp rate with tax and $6 membership fee already paid) are included in the package price. Dinner can also be purchased separately ($35pp) for non-racers and spectators.

Sunday morning we will depart at 8am for our customary country drive into the hills (yes, really!)of northwest Orange and southern Lake County with a stop at the always fun Yalaha Bakery.(www.yalahabakery.com). Remember to begin with a full tank of gas and an empty bladder!

We wind our way back down to Orlando for brunch ($29pp) at Ace Cafe from 1130am to 2pm with our cars drawing a crowd in their spacious parking lot, www.acecafeusa.com. As an optional activity there will be a 3pm Solar Bears vs. Atlanta Gladiators hockey game at the nearby Amway Center. We can even leave our cars in Ace’s secure lot while attending the game! Tickets can be purchased at Amway same day or on-line in advance for section 114 rows 13-16 for $32pp.

RSVPs and $$ are due no later than 5pm EST on Monday Dec. 2nd to guarantee your spot. Late registrations will be accepted on a space available basis (last year our lunch boat cruise sold out!). To register, please PayPal $$ to [email protected] and specify which events you are attending and how many people will be participating. All costs include tax, gratuity and service charges. Your email confirmation will serve as your receipt. Children are welcome at all Saturday and Sunday events! Please contact me via text at 407-832-0176 for additional information. To summarize the costs:

Friday fine dining (Hemispheres): $95pp

Saturday Wild Florida Airboats and Animal park: $69pp

Saturday K1 speed dinner and 3 races: $94pp

Saturday K1 speed dinner only: $35pp

Sunday Ace Cafe brunch: $29pp

Sunday pm car show: free!

NSXcapades

Are you coming John???

lololol

I had been planning on driving down for this...but as it turns out, our HOA Christmas Party is that Saturday (I am chairman)......this unfortunately is a really busy time of the year.

John

I had been planning on driving down for this...but as it turns out, our HOA Christmas Party is that Saturday (I am chairman)......this unfortunately is a really busy time of the year.

John
Haha. You should've quoted [MENTION=30095]JohnWayne[/MENTION], John.

I thought it would be funny to quote his question with the like-wise question, hehehe.
Just being silly.

But sad to hear you won't make it down, but totally understandable at this time of year. Until MidEast Meet then!

Back