• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXcapades, Orlando Dec.1-3, 2017

UPDATED THURSDAY NOVEMBER 23, 2017

Current registration list:

Susan and David Moore
Charles Hudson
Steve Anderson
Joe Guttieri
Nathan Bugby
Ole Sorenson
Dave Fogel
Rick Dalrymple
Andrew Azzouz
Cindy Sharman
Hal Gunner
Kevin ODonnell
Christine Pacariem
Andre Cerri
Doug Quara
Meenor Sagar
Wei-Shen Chin
Christy Williams
Alex Azbel
Munchie Martin
Greg Allowe
Romyll Garcia
Juan Escalon
Vince Howard
Nabil Armaly
Jeremiah Baker

Registration is now OPEN for NSXcapades 2017
There are 4 specific events that require prepayment. The remaining events are "pay as you go", however I will need to know how many of you are coming to the a-la-carte event(s) to reserve space.

The required prepaid events are:

Saturday Autocross $65 PER CAR (lunch included for driver)
Saturday car show/lunch $15 per person
Saturday buffet dinner at hotel $32 per person
Sunday parade laps and photos at Daytona International Speedway $17 PER CAR

Please PayPal the appropriate fees to [email protected] and provide the name of your guests, your car year/color, and any special requirements
Use "gift" to avoid PayPal transaction fees
Your PayPal confirmation will be your registration confirmation. Please save an electronic copy on your smartphone to be used at in-person check-in at the hotel/events.

DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS MONDAY NOV.27 AT 5PM EST

If you have any general questions, please post on this thread so we can answer to all. Specific questions relating to you, please email Wei-Shen Chin at [email protected] or cell/text 407-832-0176

NSXcapades 2017 FINAL schedule and costs.

Host hotel
Marriott Spring Hill Suites
13279 Flamingo Crossings Blvd
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Reserve individually on-line thru Hotels.com or marriott.com for the best rate

Friday Dec 1, 2017

7am - 5pm
Daytona track event with Audi club
$600 student fee
$100 optional garage fee
Please contact [email protected] for registration forms and details

11am
Lunch at Orange County National Golf Course
Estimate $15pp

12-5pm
Golf at Orange County National
Estimate $80 per golfer (discount for Orange County residents)

7pm
A-la-Carte self pay dinner at
Ocean Prime
7339 West Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819
Special NSX parking in front
Estimate $40-50pp

Saturday Dec 2, 2017

9am - 5pm
Registration will open at 830am!
Autocross at Lake Tech Institute of Public Safety
13105-13399 Frankies Road
Tavares, FL 32778
$65 per car (includes lunch for driver)

11am - 3pm
Registration will continue during the day at autocross control desk
Lunch and NSX cars on display at the same location
Vendor displays
$15pp

7pm - 11pm
Additional event registration during dinner
Buffet dinner in lobby of host hotel
Football games on lobby and bar area TVs
$32pp

Sunday Dec 3, 2017

7am - 8am
Registration during breakfast (find Ole and Wei-Shen)
Breakfast in hotel lobby
(Included in room rate)

9am - 11am
Country drive north thru the hills of Lake County with several stops for photos, destination Daytona International Speedway
(No charge)

11am
Drivers meeting at Daytona International Speedway

1125 am - 1215 pm
Parade laps on the 3.56 Rolex 24 layout with photos of cars and NSXcapades participants on front straight
$17 PER CAR

1230 pm to 2pm
A-la-cart lunch
Cheddars Scratch Kitchen
1770 W International Speedway Blvd
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Est $10-15pp

We look forward to seeing all of you at this year's event which should feature quite a few of the new 2017 NSXs!

Wei-Shen Chin
NSXCA Florida Chapter President

Ole Sorenson
NSXCA Southeast Regional Representative

Last edited:
I, for one, will be there!

I'm in!
[MENTION=31260]Jinks[/MENTION], this is what some of us have mentioned. Hope you can make it.

Guys, thanks for the warm welcome. I cannot wait to do the meets! But my car is still at Shad’s in California and this build has long been going into overtime. I will see if I can make it with the car. Or I can roll up in my equus ultimate V8.:biggrin:

Hotels.com has better rates than Marriott and offers the same 2 day prior refund policy. 4 Nights (Thur through Sun) cost us $553.54 (tax included). We plan staying till Monday so we can visit Winter Park and the Land O Lakes region.

Guys, thanks for the warm welcome. I cannot wait to do the meets! But my car is still at Shad’s in California and this build has long been going into overtime. I will see if I can make it with the car. Or I can roll up in my equus ultimate V8.:biggrin:

You gotta go. It's a great time with awesome people. The last few I've gone to I haven't had an NSX and everything was cool.

Sunday country drive and lunch!

NEW: Our county drive will start in Orlando, meander through the hills of Lake County, and arrive in Daytona where I have arranged a parade lap and photos at Daytona International Speedway. Mandatory drivers meeting at 11am, on track at 1125am for parade laps (on the banking!), photos on the front straight at noon! Lunch to follow at location TBA.

You know there is a Krystal Burger across the street from the Speedway. Just sayin'. :biggrin:

P.S. As in years past, a hearty "THANK YOU" to Wei-Shen and Ole for their work on putting on another NSXCapades!

May we assume that Friday's activities are open to non-entrants for spectators?

This is quite an event this year!

Up in the air if we're going to make it down though. Car probably won't be done by then.

PP sent; autocross, Saturday buffet dinner, Sunday parade laps Daytona.

EDIT FOR those planning counts for each individual scheduled item:

FRIDAY:
- Spectating at Daytona. I have reached out to David Pierson to confirm spectators are welcome. I will post here when I hear back. (N/C?)
- Ocean Prime dinner (a la carte)

SATURDAY:
- Autocross and hosted lunch ($65 PP sent)
- Buffet dinner at hotel ($32 PP sent)

SUNDAY:
- Country drive (n/c)
- Parade laps at Daytona ($17 PP sent)
- Lunch at Cheddars (a la carte)

As always, so looking forward to this year's event!

Last edited:
I think I'm going to be able to make it up to Orlando for Xcapades, however without my new NSX. We've been promising the kids a trip to Disney and the only way I could attend was to leave the X at home and only be able,to have dinner Sat night with the group. I'll PayPal for the dinner in the next few days. I wish I could do everything planned but sometimes a compromise like I made is better for my long term survival. 😀

I think I'm going to be able to make it up to Orlando for Xcapades, however without my new NSX. We've been promising the kids a trip to Disney and the only way I could attend was to leave the X at home and only be able,to have dinner Sat night with the group. I'll PayPal for the dinner in the next few days. I wish I could do everything planned but sometimes a compromise like I made is better for my long term survival. ��

Great news, Doc!

I can make the incredible sacrifice and leave my NSX at home and drive yours up for you. I'm that kind of friend, willing to make great sacrifices for a buddy.

(J/K. I am looking forward to the autocross in my own NSX.)

Great news, Doc!

I can make the incredible sacrifice and leave my NSX at home and drive yours up for you. I'm that kind of friend, willing to make great sacrifices for a buddy.

(J/K. I am looking forward to the autocross in my own NSX.)

Done deal. But you're going to have to schlep my kids around Disney for the weekend. :D

Just updated with registration list above and below. If you sent me $ or PayPal and your name is NOT on the list please contact me at [email protected] or cell 407-832-0176. Happy Thanksgiving.

Susan and David Moore
Charles Hudson
Steve Anderson
Joe Guttieri
Nathan Bugby
Ole Sorenson
Dave Fogel
Rick Dalrymple
Andrew Azzouz
Cindy Sharman
Hal Gunner
Kevin ODonnell
Christine Pacariem
Andre Cerri
Doug Quara
Meenor Sagar
Wei-Shen Chin
Christy Williams
Alex Azbel
Munchie Martin
Greg Allowe
Romyll Garcia
Juan Escalon
Vince Howard
Nabil Armaly
Jeremiah Baker

I had a surgical procedure today so I'm out for all the fun stuff.
I'd love to come for dinner with my wife at Ocean Prime Friday but it will
depend on my recovery and if I have any pain.

Look forward to meeting everyone again.

Brian and Kimberlee Thomas

FRIDAY:
- Spectating at Daytona. I have reached out to David Pierson to confirm spectators are welcome. I will post here when I hear back. (N/C?)
- Ocean Prime dinner (a la carte)

I drove to the speedway this morning to see if I could spectate. I was told at the ticket office that this is a private event open only to registered participants and their guests. :frown:

I didn't post when I heard back ..... because I never heard back. In spite of me sending two emails to David Pierson.

Last edited:
Back