• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXcapdes moved to the weekend of Jan.7-8, 2017

REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED!!

Dear NSXers!

UPDATED 1/3/17!

NSXcapades version #17 has been moved from its usual calendar placement on Dec.3-4, 2016 to the weekend of Jan.7-8, 2017.

As in previous years, the event will be held in the greater Orlando area with a weekend filled with social and car related activities.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be an autocross event from 12-5 on Saturday Jan.7, 2016 at the Lake County Sheriff's department training center in Tavares. The cost is $50 per person. To allow for LOTS OF TRACK TIME the limit will be 50 people. Priority will be given to current NSXCA members and then open to all remaining NSX owners/Chin Motorsports members/and car buddies, in that order. Our friends at Martin Sports Car Club will be running the event. Free rental helmets are available if you do not have your own. A visual inspection of your car for fluid leaks and a check for a secure battery will be performed at the track. A cool food truck has been arranged to provide lunch/snacks at your own cost. Check out www.badasssandwiches.com.

Wouldn't it be neat to have a bunch of the new 2017 NSXs out on track (hint hint Charles, Bruce....)

Our headquarter hotel will be the Marriott Springhill Suites at Flamingo Crossings. This is the same hotel used for NSXPO. We DO NOT HAVE a room block (due to the smaller size of our event) but checking on-line shows a prepaid room rate of $109 (less if you are AAA or a Marriott Rewards member).

On Saturday evening Jan. 7, 2016 at 7pm there will be a Mexican buffet at the hotel. As some of you know it is actually my birthday (no way to hide this in the era of Facebook) so we will have a few extra celebratory items scheduled for the evening. Please no gifts. Your attendance is already special enough! Instead I will designate a charity to support if you would like to make a contribution. Also, if we end up with a "profit" on the autocross, that will also go to charity.

On Sunday, we will again drive into the hills of Lake County and visit Yalaha Bakery, the Citrus Tower and Mission Inn. Lunch will be at on the docks of Lake Harris at JB Boondocks.

The costs for the event are as follows. Everything is a la carte and you do not have to participate in the entire event if you do not have the time.

Autocross $50 (limited enrollment, subject to sellout)
Saturday dinner $35
Sunday lunch $22

Entire package $107.

Please PayPal the appropriate fees to [email protected]. Deadline is Jan.2, 2017. I look forward to seeing many of you at our yearly Southeast/Florida gathering!

Wei-Shen Chin
NSXCA Florida Chapter President

CONFIRMED PAID ATTENDEES:

Code A=autocross, D=dinner, L=lunch

1. Christine P (A, D, L)
Christine guest (D)
1b. Ole S (A,D,L)
2. Wei-Shen C (A, D, L)
3. Joe G (A, D, L)
4. Daniel B and Guest (A,D,L)
5. Harman S (A)
6. Meenor S (A)
7. Doug and Tammy Q (D, L)
8. Andre C (D, L)
9. Hall G (A,D,L)
10. Jason and Donna (D,L)
11. Steve A (A,D,L)
12. Charles H and guest (A,D,L)
13. Nabil A (A,D,L)
14. Jeff D and guest (A,D,L)

Last edited:
Dear NSXers!

NSXcapades version #17 has been moved from its usual calendar placement on Dec.3-4, 2016 to the weekend of Jan.7-8, 2017.

As in previous years, the event will be held in the greater Orlando area with a weekend filled with social and car related activities.

Please SAVE THE DATE and stay tuned for many more details in the coming weeks.

Wei-Shen Chin

Wow so soon?! Yeeeeessssss!!!!

Dear NSXers!

Please SAVE THE DATE and stay tuned for many more details in the coming weeks.

Wei-Shen Chin

Hi Wei-Shen,
Do you think we'll be staying in the same hotel as last year? I'm a little concerned at room availability during the busy tourist season, and wondering if we should be making our reservations now.
Joe

Maybe you should avoid the stress and take both or just stay home :smile:

I am hereby making it known that I will drive to Charleston, pick up the 2.0, drive it back down to Orlando, drive it like it should be driven, return vehicle tired but unharmed (me too). FOR FREE!!

Hotel reserved, not 100% sure I can make it tho

I'd take the one you brought to NSXPO, she's seriously good looking and makes you look like you have a modicum of taste which we know you were missing before her and you were dating Dave Fogel.

Age has its.. privileges... $93/night for old farts! Lunch and dinner PPal'd.

Just sent PP for Tammy and Doug, Saturday night dinner and Sunday lunch.

Back