• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXclear.com Front Side Marker Replacements

frontsidemarkers_r16_c5.jpg

<b>Product</b>

The NSXclear.com Front side markers replaces your old outdated amber ones to give your NSX a clean polished look. These are high quality injection molded complete drop-in replacement side markers.

- Housing is injection molded from true “grey” ABS plastic
- Lens are made of high quality acrylic plastic with an engineered prism design to preserve light output

We started with the original NSX part and exactly duplicated the construction and materials of the original factory part. Our goal is to give you the part Honda would have supplied if they manufactured them in the colors you wanted.

Our colored lens are created from colored acrylic plastic - NOT a film or tint sprayed on generic “smoke” appearance.

<b>Website and Orders</b>
http://www.nsxclear.com

Orders will be done through our website. Our preferred method of payment is Paypal via on our website. Other payment methods may be accepted. Please contact us.

<font color="#FF0000">Please post here on this thread that you have paid and please include your Prime user name during Paypal checkout under the "Add Special Instructions to the Merchant” text box </font>

<b>Price</b>
Price: <font color="#0000ff">$225.00/pair</font>
Shipping (50 States): <font color="#0000ff">$5.00</font>
Shipping(Int.): <font color="#0000ff">$20.00</font>

CA residents are subject to 8.75% sales tax.

<b>Colors</b>
We currently offer 3 colors:
1. CLEAR
2. SMOKE
3. DARK SMOKE

<b>Installations</b>
http://nsxclear.com/installation.htm
Difficulty: Easy
Time: 15 min

<b>Reference</b>
Here is the link to the thread that got this all started:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131943

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage to property, injury, death, or fire that may occur with our products. The company in no event shall be held responsible for any consequential or special damages. You the customer release NSXclear, its partners, manufacture, and resellers of all responsibility for legal issues resulting from use, abuse, negligence, or misuse thereof.
NSXclear products are not for street or off-road use. NSXclear products are recommended for display use only. Laws concerning aftermarket lighting products may vary from state to state. Check with your state, federal, and local regulations prior to installing. NSXclear are aftermarket parts and are not genuine Honda parts or accessories.

<b>Special Thanks to: NSXSupra, Stevey629, Osiris_x11, pbassjo</b>

If you have any further questions PM or email
-Ethan
[email protected]
Tel: 619.800.NSX1 (6791)

Last edited:
<b>Red NSX with Clear</b>
IMG_8602_lg.jpg

<b>Yellow NSX with Clear</b>
765036050_DgqZp-L.jpg

<b>2002+ Silverstone with light SMOKE</b>
side4_lg.jpg

<b>All Three Colors</b>
IMG_9029_lg.jpg

<b>Clear</b>
IMG_9055_lg.jpg

<b>Smoke</b>
IMG_9060_lg.jpg

<b>Dark Smoke</b>
IMG_9062_lg.jpg

<b>Back Housing</b>
IMG_9041_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for making these!!! I can't wait to get my set! Any plans to do the rear too?

Thanks for making these!!! I can't wait to get my set! Any plans to do the rear too?

Joe at Vince's Autobody (pbjasso) was kind enough to send me a damaged rear side marker.

I will send it out and get another estimate for the mold price. It will probably be at least 6-12 months before I start on the rear side markers project.

Bump for an excellent product and superior service from Ethan. my white nsx was not complete without these awesome side marker replacements. could not be happier. I took all three colors to a recent meet in socal, and everyone was impressed with the oem quality and appearance. the biggest problem i had and others looking at them had literally was what color looked best on the nsx, because quite frankly they all look that good!!!

thanks for the help!!

Bump for an excellent product and superior service from Ethan. my white nsx was not complete without these awesome side marker replacements. could not be happier. I took all three colors to a recent meet in socal, and everyone was impressed with the oem quality and appearance. the biggest problem i had and others looking at them had literally was what color looked best on the nsx, because quite frankly they all look that good!!!

thanks for the help!!
Tom - I want to see pics of your illusive NSX(s)... oh, and I want to see the different sidemarkers too ;)

Would like to know when mine are shipping out?

are these considered legal in all states?
I'm not exactly sure about DOT laws and each local county may vary. I'm sure other Prime members may be more knowledgeable than I am in this area.

The prism lens design were replicated exactly from a USA Mercedes SLK clear side marker. Therefore, it should in theory have the same reflecting qualities that made them legal. Those SLK side markers were clear but came with an amber bulb.

It is only my guess, that it would be legal if you did something similar. You can replace the stock white 194/168 bulb with an amber illuminating bulb. The smoke and dark smoke side marker versions is a little more questionable.

Legal stuff :)
Again, please check with your local authorities. NSXclear.com side markers are not intend for street or off-road. They are intended for non-functioning display purposes only.

Tom - I want to see pics of your illusive NSX(s)... oh, and I want to see the different sidemarkers too ;)

I can ship you all three colors also. You can see them in person and pick what color you like best. See my two color option here:

http://www.nsxclear.com/undecided.htm

It says pick two colors there, but I can send you all three colors. Just let me know in the "Add Special Instructions to Merchant" text box that you want all three colors.

Once you send me back the other unwanted colors, I will send you back your matching side marker.

Would like to know when mine are shipping out?

I sent a paypal invoice for you at the email you sent me, but I never received payment. Thus, I didn't have an address to send it to.

If you want to PM me at least your address, I can send them out right away. We can square up payment later.

What color did you want?

Last edited:

Is your initials A.T. or K.W or L.E.?

We have Paypal payments come in from difference sources, and I'm trying to figure out who came Prime.

Do you want your side markers now without the metal clips or do you want them together with the replacement clips? If you want them now, I can still ship (free) you the metal clips when they arrive.

Note to other customers: <font color="#FF0000">Please include your Prime user name in the "Add Special Instructions to Merchant" text box during Paypal checkout </font>

Last edited:
got my sidemarkers in today and just installed them. was pretty easy and took me about 10 mins each side. probably the most difficult part was just getting the sidemarkers to pop out, on one side I had to push pretty hard on the clip to get the light loose.

I received my sidemarkers without any clips but was able to remove my oem ones pretty easily. just lift up one side of the clip with a thin flat screw driver and pry it out with a thin pair of long nose pliers.

The only two minor complaints which really isn't a big deal is both of my sidemarkers had a small crack on the bottom of the rubber lining. Seems like the quality of the rubber used on the outside is not same as oem quality but it's no surprise. This compared to the rubber my 20 year old oem ones which still look good and no cracking.

The second minor thing i noticed is that both sidemarkers are made from the same mold. What happens when you install the driver side is the oem plug which usually has the wire aimed downwards now goes straight up. Other than that those two minor things the sidemarkers are great :smile:

Sorry, I thought I checked them before I sent them out. If you want, you can send them back to me and I can send you a new pair. I'll cover the shipping both ways. Just let me know, and I can email you a pre-paid shipping label.

Some OEM side marker clips are harder to remove then others. I have removed about a dozen of them. Some came out easy, others need a little bit more effort.

You are correct about both side markers being exactly the same, using the same mold. This was done to reduce the production cost. Original estimates for the front side markers with two molds would've double the cost to you.

I'm not sure if having the bulb harness upward is a problem or not. I'm guessing that it shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't overtwist the wires.

Last edited:
I had the pleasure to meet Ethan and purchase the sidemarkers in person. I opted for the dark tint version. I've not installed it yet, as I am waiting for the new clips.
First of all, Ethan is a class act. I was down San Diego for my daughter's graduation from UCSD and Ethan was nice enough to meet up with me. But he also brought my daughter a graduation present! Certainly unexpected but undoubtably nice!

The sidemarkers look professionally made and well crafted. I look forward to installing it.

I will be needing as extra bright yellow turn signal lights if anyone has suggestions...

Once again, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Ethan... I look foward to more of his products!

The metal replacement metal clips are on it way to me. The factory has sent me a tracking number. I'm hoping they arrive within 1 week.

I will send them out to customers that have already paid.

I have 15 sets left at this special intro price: $175.00.

Yes it legal in All states, reason being NOT all cars NEW or old have these side marker lights, SO YES its legal

Yes it legal in All states, reason being NOT all cars NEW or old have these side marker lights, SO YES its legal

As long as the bulbs are amber/orange then the lighting is legal.

But it also needs to have reflective properties in amber/orange as well.

I know this since I've been yanked over on another car with everything legal but the reflective portion.

Here is the Vehicle Code for California:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25950.htm

"All lamps and reflectors visible from the front, sides, or rear of a vehicle, except headlamps, may have any unlighted color, provided the emitted light from all lamps or reflected light from all reflectors complies with the required color."

I'm still researching the DOT laws.

Here is the Vehicle Code for California:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25950.htm

"All lamps and reflectors visible from the front, sides, or rear of a vehicle, except headlamps, may have any unlighted color, provided the emitted light from all lamps or reflected light from all reflectors complies with the required color."

I'm still researching the DOT laws.

Just to be clear, that means that these lenses are NOT LEGAL in the all states (CA being one of them). The reason being is the reflectors do not reflect the required color which is amber in the front (visible from the side), red in the rear (visible from the side).

To be honest though, the likelihood that you'd be pulled over or written a ticket for these is very, very small (unless you're really driving like and idiot and asking for it).

If you look at ALL new and used "legal" cars in the US, when looked from the side they ALL have a reflector that reflects amber from the front, and red in the rear. Even in cars like the Prius which has clear taillights, there is still a red reflector visible from the side.
toyota_prius_4_door_liftback_2005_exterior_taillight.jpg

Last edited:
Hapa88 is much more knowledgeable in this area than I am. If fact, I got that vehicle code from one of his previous post here on Prime about 2 yrs ago. Thanks for your help.

I would also agree with him that the likelihood that you get pulled over for this or cited is very, very slim.

All HID aftermarket kits for the headlight are also NOT LEGAL in all 50 states. Yet, your chances of getting pulled over for them on the NSX is very very slim, unless your running higher than 6500K or your giving the officer an attitude.

I'm sure if the officer cited you for the side markers, he would also cite for: your HID aftermarket headlights, GPS blocking your windshield, no cats, aftermarket exhaust, decoration hanging from your rear view mirror, no front license plate, turbo kit, super charger, suspension too low, headers, intake, LED tail lights, broken bulb, loud stereo, no seat belt, bald tires, expired tags, buying an automatic NSX w/o a valid reason (maybe not, but they should :) )

Please install and use at your own risk.

Last edited:
<h4>Special Intro Price Ends: July 6, 2020 Midnight PST
$175.00/pair (Reg. Price: $225.00)</h4>

I just received the replacement metal clips. You will not have to re-use any parts of your OEM side markers. NSXclear.com side markers are now complete drop-in replacements.

My web hosting and paypal is having intermittent technical issues. Please add your name to the list and I will contact you with payment information.

1. NSXclear - Dark Smoke
2. manh - 2 color option (clear and smoke)
3. gomaidy - Clear

Last edited:
Awsome, looking forward to getting the metal clips!

These are definitely a quality product. I would definitely buy a set if you had them available for the rears as well :biggrin:

Back