• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXers at '05 USGP

I'm planning on attending with my family and was wondering if any other NSXers were planning on going as well. We should be there Friday night and then catch qualifying and the Ferrari Challenge races on Saturday. I'd like to meet some other NSX owners and put faces to names if possible. We'll be at the #6 stand.

Anyone else going or interested?

Definitely interested. I've put off going for years now. I've already talked to someone selling tickets in the Paddock penthouse.

The main thing is getting my crap together and booking hotel, rental, flight, etc. in the next couple of days. :)

I'd really like to go on Thursday when they have 'open pit' day or whatever it is.

Normally, I watch all practices and qualifying, so I'd probably do the same that week.

Can anyone that's been explain the whole process? The tickets I'm looking at include access to the pit on Thursday and the race on Sunday. I'll need separate tickets for practice and qualifying? Do all the supporting events/races have their own separate tickets also?

EDIT: Went ahead, took the plunge, and have my hotel, car, and flights lined up... Will get there Wednesday night, staying at Quality Inn by the airport until Monday afternoon. :D Now I just need to figure out the Practice, Qualifying and parking tickets.

Last edited:
Here's the schedule.

2005 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE
(All times local; subject to change)
THURSDAY, June 16 8 a.m.-noon Pit Walkabout
FRIDAY, June 17 Time Series Session
9:15-10 a.m. Menards Infiniti Pro Series First practice
11 a.m.-noon Formula One First practice
12:30-1:15 p.m. Menards Infiniti Pro Series Qualifying
2-3 p.m. Formula One Second practice
3:30-4:15 p.m. Porsche Michelin Supercup Practice
4:45-5:10 p.m. Formula BMW USA Practice
5:40-6:20 p.m. Porsche Michelin Supercup First qualifying
SATURDAY, June 18 Time Series Session
9-9:45 a.m. Formula One Third practice
10:15-11 a.m. Formula One Fourth practice
11:30 a.m.-12:10 p.m. Porsche Michelin Supercup Second qualifying
1-2 p.m. Formula One Qualifying
2:30-3 p.m. Formula BMW USA First race
3:30-4 p.m. Porsche Michelin Supercup First race (16 laps)
4:45-5:45 p.m. Menards Infiniti Pro Series Liberty Challenge race
SUNDAY, June 19 Time Series Session
9-10 a.m. Formula One Qualifying
10:30-11 a.m. Porsche Michelin Supercup Second race (16 laps)
11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Formula One Grid presentation
1 p.m. Formula One United States Grand Prix (73 laps)
3:15-3:45 p.m. Formula BMW USA Second race

Of course, you'll have to buy tickets for parking (you can do it online). If your present tickets don't say that they include practice and qualifying days then I'd suppose that your tickets are only good for the listed days. I'm sure you'll want to clarify that with event organizers.

The website is here.

Ah.. I'm beginning to understand... I see package practice/qualifying tickets for $25 each and four-day parking passes for $50.

I guess that once you're in for qualifying on Saturday, you're free to stay for the Formula BMW race later that day?

Also, the practice/qualifying days are general admission? I didn't see a place to pick where I wanted to sit.

waldorf said:
I didn't see a place to pick where I wanted to sit.
The site is a little confusing. I think you can only reserve a seat in the grandstands for the race on Sunday. Click "Purchase Race Tickets" instead of "Purchase Daily Admissions".

Ojas said:
The site is a little confusing. I think you can only reserve a seat in the grandstands for the race on Sunday. Click "Purchase Race Tickets" instead of "Purchase Daily Admissions".

Ah.. for actual race tickets, I'm all set. We will be sitting in the paddock penthouse. I was just speaking for practice/qualifying tickets which look to be general admission.

I will be there. I get into town Thursday night. I have been going every year since the inception of the U.S GP I know of a few good places to party. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

No justice no peace!! :biggrin:

Wow I'm glad I didnt make the trip for the USGP this year, I was actually planning on it but canceled at the last min. Don't know about you guys and you're compusure, but id have gone nuts. Travel time, money spent, get shafted by the FIA, and no refund. I would have gone looting. :rolleyes: (pictures himself being chased by security personel as I try to get away with one of the wings from an F1 car I just grabbed) :biggrin:

Left on the 2nd lap of the disgrase. They suck, people spend $thousands to go support their team and this is how we are treated.

Went on Wednesday, stayed until last night. Had a fantastic time. Was *really* hoping Honda would've gotten some points this weekend, but not so much so that I'd want to see them flying into the wall at turn 13. I was there around 20 rows up when Ralf lost it in practice and it was terrifying.

I got a copy of the Indianapolis Star on Monday and it has some really good articles including the actual transcript between Michelin and FIA. If the situation was reversed and it was Bridgestone that had the problems, I don't think it would have been that big a deal.. just unfortunate that the majority of teams use Michelin. :( Had all teams been using the same manufacturer, as has been proposed, I think it would have been much easier to come up with some sort of compromise.

Anyhoo, I feel bad for all the folks that came in from places like Colombia only to see the McLaren park, but it was definitely an experience for the record books. I'm keeping all my swag. :)

Back