• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPedition 2022 - July 23-24

R13

Experienced Member
Tech Expert
nsxpedition2022opt.jpg

Apologies for the belated post to Prime, but NSXPedition is a 'go' again in 2022. For those who can make it the main day of "festivities will be July 23rd with the option to stick around for Knoxville's Cars & Coffee the morning of the 24th.

Rough Itinerary:
  • 7/23 9:30am Meet at the Artistic Bean: 8027 E Lamar Alexander Pkwy, Townsend, TN 37882
  • 10:am sharp: Depart for morning drives (Route TBD but includes part of Foothills parkway and of course Tail of the Dragon)
  • 12:15pm Arrive at Tapoco Tavern for lunch
  • 1:30pm Optional Photo Op at Fontana Dam basin
  • 2:00pm Depart for afternoon drive (Includes Cherohala Skyway)
  • 3:30pm Conclude afternoon drive (Cherohala Skyway visitor's center, or nearby gas station in Tellico Plains)
  • 5:00pm Dinner at Lakeside Tavern in West Knoxville
  • 7/24 Optional Cars & Coffee at West Town mall (recommend getting there before 7am if you want decent parking at all)

Notes for this year:
The old section of the foothills parkway is being paved so we unfortunately won't be able to drive that scenic byway from start to finish. Our detour will go through some residential areas so you hoolagans will need to keep a lid on it for those sections (mostly a joke as our usual crowd has been super chill for this event). The good news is that it will allow us a quick pit-stop at US219 Hub's grill (assuming it's open) for liquid intake and offload before we finish our last leg up the dragon to our lunch stop at Tapoco Tavern.

UPDATE 7/13 - Tentative Route Map (barring unforeseen obstruction): https://goo.gl/maps/sr9iEYmAACCgZrJ27

If you haven't been and want a preview, here is a video highlighting the 2021 event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K44POppslY

Last edited:
I replied on FB when you first posted, but just wanted to reply here as well.

Hotel booked, and I'll be coming down on Friday from WI and leaving after the C&C if there is interest in going. Looking forward to meeting everyone who shows up!

Look forward to seeing it on the tube

I'm based in Richmond, VA. Unfortunately, this is just a little too far for me. But next year hopefully I have all the issues sorted out and can join up.

Have fun everyone, and please send pics.

We're *just* starting to piece things together for this year. Date TBD, potentially a bit of a hybrid of 2022 and 2021 routes given the Foothills Parkway is back open for it's full length I believe.

Back