Apologies for the belated post to Prime, but NSXPedition is a 'go' again in 2022. For those who can make it the main day of "festivities will be July 23rd with the option to stick around for Knoxville's Cars & Coffee the morning of the 24th.
- 7/23 9:30am Meet at the Artistic Bean: 8027 E Lamar Alexander Pkwy, Townsend, TN 37882
- 10:am sharp: Depart for morning drives (Route TBD but includes part of Foothills parkway and of course Tail of the Dragon)
- 12:15pm Arrive at Tapoco Tavern for lunch
- 1:30pm Optional Photo Op at Fontana Dam basin
- 2:00pm Depart for afternoon drive (Includes Cherohala Skyway)
- 3:30pm Conclude afternoon drive (Cherohala Skyway visitor's center, or nearby gas station in Tellico Plains)
- 5:00pm Dinner at Lakeside Tavern in West Knoxville
- 7/24 Optional Cars & Coffee at West Town mall (recommend getting there before 7am if you want decent parking at all)
Notes for this year:
The old section of the foothills parkway is being paved so we unfortunately won't be able to drive that scenic byway from start to finish. Our detour will go through some residential areas so you hoolagans will need to keep a lid on it for those sections (mostly a joke as our usual crowd has been super chill for this event). The good news is that it will allow us a quick pit-stop at US219 Hub's grill (assuming it's open) for liquid intake and offload before we finish our last leg up the dragon to our lunch stop at Tapoco Tavern.
UPDATE 7/13 - Tentative Route Map (barring unforeseen obstruction): https://goo.gl/maps/sr9iEYmAACCgZrJ27
If you haven't been and want a preview, here is a video highlighting the 2021 event: