• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2003 at Sears Point?

Fellow NSXers in the Western Region:

This e-mail was posted on the big list, NW and SW list as well.

We just received tenative confirmation from Sears Point regarding an NSXPO 2003 event at Sears Point. I quote:

<<We hope to be able to accommodate the NSXPO in 2003 and it looks like the weekend of October 11/12 will provide us with the greatest opportunity to host your event during your requested timeframes. Please let us know at your earliest opportunity the results from the February meetings.>>

This is the time to come forward with commitments to volunteer from all those who want to see an NSXPO on the West coast at a premier track ... hey perhaps Acura may bring their 2004 to the track too ................ LOL

We have had an informal working exploratory committee that has been reviewing our options but there is serious concern that we will be understaffed and thus forgo this opportunity. We are looking for volunteers to support the effort of all team leaders heading various department; commitments need to be firm since the committee wants to finalize its decision whether it has enough human resources and support from the larger community to pull this off.

The following team leaders need help; if you have a particular expertise talent identified in any of these areas, please send me an e-mail and we will see how it will sort out:

Track
Hospitality (hotels/restaurants)
Registration/Finance
NSX Drives ......
Honda/Sponsorship$$
Dealers/Vendors relations
Car Show/Concours
Caravan/transport related issues
Jack of All Trades (2 positions minimum .....)
Marketing/Web

The following leadership positions are still open:

Entertainment/Social Program (preferably a SoCal person with connections to industry)
Overall Chair (two co-chairs) NOTE: This position will be subject to the approval of the working exploratory committee members

While we know many of you are not focused on this at this time and it is too far ahead to plan, but such events take planning for hotels reservations, firm track commitments, etc. ........ so show your interest by volunteering.

Cheers,

Hrant Kouyoumdjian
NSXPO 2003 Exploratory Committee
NSXCA Sacramento Chapter, Member #495
VP and Director of Performance Driving
[email protected]
(916) 961-5660
(916) 961-5220 fax/voice

Okayyyyyyyy, this was the quote:

We hope to be able to accommodate the NSXPO in 2003 and it looks like the weekend of October 11/12 will provide us with the greatest opportunity to host your event during your requested timeframes. Please let us know at your earliest opportunity the results from the February meetings.

End of quote.

Hrant

nice temperatures that time of the year.

also I just checked the farmers almanac and it has only rained those dates twice in the last 100 years in the napa valley.

looks like this is where we should hold the event!

Originally posted by justin hall:

looks like this is where we should hold the event!

Now we have it finally in writing, I say Justin just volunteered himself to help with the "we should" .....
smile.gif

I know I stirred some of this up a while back and offered my volunteer. However, things came up and I have to withdraw from it. I will not be in the country from May 2002 to May 2003.

Too bad, I will missed Texas. But I hope I can go to SEars Point in 2003!

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
I know I stirred some of this up a while back and offered my volunteer. However, things came up and I have to withdraw from it. I will not be in the country from May 2002 to May 2003.

Too bad, I will missed Texas. But I hope I can go to SEars Point in 2003!

Sorry Andrie, but have you checked with your bodies recently, them and I are not buying this excuse, there is still much to do after May 2003 so we are not giving up hope on you, at least not yet ........ LOL

Please do not interpret this as an announcement of the site of NSXPO 2003. This announcement concerns the committee that is putting together a proposal for NSXPO 2003 and, if approved by the club board, will become the planning committee for the event.

This is not the only proposal or site under consideration.

The club's board hopes to reach a decision among all proposals for NSXPO 2003 some time this spring.

Back