• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 - Raleigh, NC - October 11 -16

Congratulations to both John and Steve for putting on a great event along with everyone else who helped out as well.
Thank you to all our sponsors for helping us make NSXPO 2013 such a success - remember to support our sponsors! NSX Prime of course, is a key part of promoting NSXPO and we do appreciate it! Tony, the magazine publisher/director/art director etc, thank you for putting together awesome posters and logo design! Bob and Alan thank you for getting 108 (?) cars through individual photo shots in less than 90 minutes and dedicating much of your NSXPO time to chronicling it for the rest of us in photos.

A HUGE thank you to Laureen and JoAnne and the rest of the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn and Doubletree (the best NSXPO hotel that I've been to) for treating us all so well.

It was a pleasure to meet Doug and Debbie Danuser, their daughter Brett (her boyfriend Anthony - I think), Ted and Pam Klaus along with so many other new NSXPO attendees. Doubtful I'll remember all your names when I see you next, but I hope that many choose to continue in the club and attend more NSXPO's.

What a great 2 days we had at VIR meeting even more new NSX owners along with the ITR group. Livia from VIR made sure we had whatever we needed and it was just super great fun on the Skid Pad! Thank you to Chris Keller for setting that up and running that for us! A big thank you to the BMW Tarheels' Instructors and especially Doc Hill for roping them all in.

A big thank you to everyone for attending and making the NSX Club of America the car club with the most friendly and nicest people ever.

Congratulations to both John and Steve for putting on a great event along with everyone else who helped out as well.
Thank you to all our sponsors for helping us make NSXPO 2013 such a success - remember to support our sponsors! NSX Prime of course, is a key part of promoting NSXPO and we do appreciate it! Tony, the magazine publisher/director/art director etc, thank you for putting together awesome posters and logo design! Bob and Alan thank you for getting 108 (?) cars through individual photo shots in less than 90 minutes and dedicating much of your NSXPO time to chronicling it for the rest of us in photos.

A HUGE thank you to Laureen and JoAnne and the rest of the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn and Doubletree (the best NSXPO hotel that I've been to) for treating us all so well.

It was a pleasure to meet Doug and Debbie Danuser, their daughter Brett (her boyfriend Anthony - I think), Ted and Pam Klaus along with so many other new NSXPO attendees. Doubtful I'll remember all your names when I see you next, but I hope that many choose to continue in the club and attend more NSXPO's.

What a great 2 days we had at VIR meeting even more new NSX owners along with the ITR group. Livia from VIR made sure we had whatever we needed and it was just super great fun on the Skid Pad! Thank you to Chris Keller for setting that up and running that for us! A big thank you to the BMW Tarheels' Instructors and especially Doc Hill for roping them all in.

A big thank you to everyone for attending and making the NSX Club of America the car club with the most friendly and nicest people ever.

Carla, you forgot one key person. Yourself. Every NSXPO I have attended you were up front contributing, even when not asked. NSXPO would not be the same without your organizational skills, your willingness to give over and over again. Thanks so much for all you do to make these events memorable. (Don too) :smile:

Doesn't matter how fast you were going, just mattered that you showed up and used the car for its intended purpose. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Were your days there on the bike North/South or Full? I know normally you see those guys running north, couldn't imagine how fast that back straight gets on 2 wheels.

True normally they run the North course but one year I was able to make it when they were running Full. I think I touched 140 on the back straight but didn't make it a habit of looking at the speedo for obvious reasons (600 cc). Unfortunately driving sportbikes will spoil you for acceleration but I still appreciate the difference in dynamics between 2 and 4 wheels.

Cheers!

tire carcass 2

Just got home also, minus a front lip and side marker. DocJohn was fortunate enough to witness me becoming victim to a tire carcass on 85 in Virginia. Ripped off right half of lip and knocked out passenger side maker so I had to pull over onto shoulder and tear off rest of the lip.

Other than that, what other car can someone drive for 1939 miles over 7 days including two track days with 75 laps on VIR and (absent minor repairs due to road debris on the way home) only need a quick detailing before being ready to head out again.

And those 75 laps and approximately 244 track miles are on top of the 150,000 miles, 109 track days and 11,000+ track miles that were on the car before NSXPO..........

:frown: I was also the victim of a tire carcass on I-95 coming back to FL. Luckily, it flew up in the air and landed before I ran over it. Ugh! My blue tape took most of the blow in the front and there were black marks all over the side skirt. All of that wiped off, but I do have a little paint cracking on the lower front bumper which is barely noticeable. I was VERY lucky. One paint chip on the hood from a gravel truck I couldn't avoid. Not bad. Hope yours is an easy fix!

My NSX was also the victim of a tire carcass in 1993. It dented the hood and shattered a headlight cover. Insurance covered it. (More specifically, it was covered by the comprehensive portion of the policy, rather than collision.) Although the cost of the new hood raised some eyebrows by the adjuster; at the time, it listed for $2500, although they lowered the price to $1500 a few years later and it's now $1756.

Hi

Thanks for a great event. Sorry that I was not up to turning one of the coctail receptions in to a wedding reception :)

My girlfriend had a great time. When we had the tech sessions she was at Macy's.

I am at the airport at Orlando now. On our way home. We flew in to Orlando Florida. Then drove through Georgia and SC to get to NC. And then a little trip to Virginia to smoke some tires.

If I could have turned the traction really off on the Camaro I would have been a drift king on the skid pad. It turned itself on when I was at approx 90 degrees and made everything so hard.

It has been some snow back at home. Will put winter tires on the Mugen Si when I get home. The NSX is parked until may or maybe a lot earlier since I have moved from north to the south of Norway now.

See you all next time.

Best regards

Last edited:
Awesome write up Richard! Thank you for the great photos and well written piece. And thanks to all local Nsx owners and NSXCA officers involved in putting on such a great experience! :)

Back