• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 - Raleigh, NC - October 11 -16

I plan on making it - will be my first NSXPO. Have heard nothing but fantastic things about VIR - can't wait. Jay

if my car had more miles on it i very well would...
last year I took my '91 garage queen with 30k miles on the clock to NSXPO. I put 3800 miles on it from Edmonton to Denver and back through Yellowstone. Plus a couple of track days. One incident on the track, but today she is back in garage queen form. When my wife and I got home, we were ready to go again. Great drive, great people and a great time. Don't pass it up with a "too many miles" excuse.

Vacation request sent in. This will be my first NSXpo!

I think a lot of guys worry way to much about their cars, and don't really enjoy them. Some people, NOT US, take them for short off road jaunts, right Warren.
Spot on! I used to be like that and then I evolved. I have had a lot of sports cars and worried way too much about putting miles on the them. At one point I had an absolutely mint fully built Z06 with 1,800 miles on it that I hardly drove to avoid putting miles on it. I was sick to my stomach at the thought of getting rock chips on the front end. I sold the car with 3,200 miles on it after 2 years of ownership. All I did was preserve the car for the next owner and act as the care taker. Having a sweet NSX and not be willing to take it on a road trip is like having a super model girlfriend and not banging her to preserve her for the next guy who dates her. At the end of the day it is a sports car that is made to enjoy and drive. Once I over came my issues with mileage I have enjoyed my toys much more and now look at rock chips as great experiences. I do plan to make this my first NSXPO making the drive to NC, and am also planning a road trip to Toronto this summer, and either a road trip to FLorida or somewhere else out west in April. Get out there and enjoy your cars!

I agree, so you keep the miles off the car, and when you sell it the next owner peels out of your driveway and chirps 6th gear LOL
the original owner is Wow I should have atleast done that one time. man I should have driven the car and had some fun.
Now Im 79 years old and cant even drive stick now. man I should have driven the car more.
instead i drove my Sheep BMW SUV, or my Sheep lexus sedan.
if I could go back in time. I would.............!

I will eventually take it on a road trip. i just wont be this time. i am still around 9000 miles currently. if it was 20k then no questions.. just not yet :) but thats just me. i am the same with all my vehicles that arent my daily. i have a 2004 2500hd tow vehicle with only 19k on it. i tend to use my other cars for the miles.

arista5 whats the fun in that? pull your car down there man drive the thing, put a shit load of painter tape on the front and drive it.
be a man... LOL

He doesn't need painter's tape....its 3m filmed everywhere....he just likes to keep his Imola like a work of art...velvet roped off with just a single flood light over it.:tongue:

Ahhh....who am I kidding...got room for my 05 in that trailer???

Last edited:
Hi

And the planning has begun.

Best regards

I wasnt naming names if I had an Imola I would only make love to it every other week. LOL

my 2004 i dont drive it that much its under 20K but then again it has a rebuilt title LOL but it was kinda like my Imola. I drive it up from tampa to PA this friday so I get to see her myself break 20K. it will be fun and a nice goodbye.

Hi Martin; I wondered if you would be attending this. Looking forward to seeing you and many others this October. Howard:biggrin:

Hi Howard

I see absolutly no reason why I should stop doing what I enjoy doing although I was sacked from work just before christmas. So why not have one sure thing in the future which is NSXPO :smile:

See you there. I may try to see if I can find Lola Bunny and/or Jessica Rabbit first down in the Orlando area and then drive up to NSXPO.

Best regards

Hi Howard

I see absolutly no reason why I should stop doing what I enjoy doing although I was sacked from work just before christmas. So why not have one sure thing in the future which is NSXPO :smile:

See you there. I may try to see if I can find Lola Bunny and/or Jessica Rabbit first down in the Orlando area and then drive up to NSXPO.

Best regards

Martin, it appears that there will be a large group of owners driving up from Florida. You should have no problem securing a ride from Orlando. Hope to see you in October.

Regards,

John Komar - Co-Chair - NSXPO 2013

Will there be a central hotel that everyone will be starting at together?

If you are referring to the host hotel at NSXPO? Yes, We will have a headquarters hotel for the social portion of the event. Details are currently being worked out with the selected hotel. This will be our base for all events - breakfast every morning (hot breakfast buffet for 2 included with the room), final night banquet, overnight parking in a zoned, secure area.

Looking forward to seeing you in October. You'll have a nice easy drive down from MD.

If you are referring to the host hotel at NSXPO? Yes, We will have a headquarters hotel for the social portion of the event. Details are currently being worked out with the selected hotel. This will be our base for all events - breakfast every morning (hot breakfast buffet for 2 included with the room), final night banquet, overnight parking in a zoned, secure area.

Looking forward to seeing you in October. You'll have a nice easy drive down from MD.

Looking forward to going! Especially to take pictures. Its going to be a blast

And just an early gentle reminder, this is a "closed" event for members of the NSXCA and their paid guests so everyone please make sure you have renewed or joined prior to the event. This is not a c&c type of event where people can just "drop by" and participate.

Back