• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 - Raleigh, NC - October 11 -16

Thanks. I registered!

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing you at your first NSXPO. We are making every effort to make this a memorable one.

John Komar - Co-Chair NSXPO 2013

Thanks. I registered!

Great! Don't forget to either fax or scan/email the registration form. It will go directly to me and i can impose on The Don to add you to the database and try to get you the NSXPO issue of NSX Driver magazine to show you what last years nsxpo was like.

Great! Don't forget to either fax or scan/email the registration form. It will go directly to me and i can impose on The Don to add you to the database and try to get you the NSXPO issue of NSX Driver magazine to show you what last years nsxpo was like.

I actually did it through Paypal so unless out emailed me something i may have missed a step

Just want to clarify, so one can only attend if they are member of NSXCA? I've never been to an expo, so what costs are involved (ie: track expenses and such)?

Just want to clarify, so one can only attend if they are member of NSXCA? I've never been to an expo, so what costs are involved (ie: track expenses and such)?

Paul, annual membership in NSXCA is $40. The cost to attend NSXPO is based on how much sponsorship monies we are able to establish. But on average the cost to attend is around $285 - $300. Typically the cost without sponsors would be double that. You will also be responsible for your hotel stay. If you participate in the track event, that is typically about $400.

Your attendance fee covers all the expenses for the various events, some very nice memorabilia. I have attended two NSXPO's - and believe me - it's well worth it. Especially for those attendees who are within an easy drive to the NSXPO.

Thanks John for the quick response, I really can't afford:rolleyes: to miss this opportunity in my back yard so to speak. Vacation time already put in for. Any hints of "special" guests?

Martin, it appears that there will be a large group of owners driving up from Florida. You should have no problem securing a ride from Orlando. Hope to see you in October.

[/B]

Hi John

Thanks. But it seems as though I will not be alone. I will have my "parole officer" with me so I will rent a fun car from Hertz adrenaline collection at the airport for my trip up there.

Best regards

And since this comes up every year, I might as well explain the reasoning now to avoid it being "debated" as the event approaches.

NSXPO is the national (but with international members also attending) gathering of NSX owners who are members of the NSX Club of America. The NSXCA is the only national club in existence and is recognized by Acura/Honda. Over the years we have had sponsors donate tens of thousands of dollars toward the event to underwrite the cost of it and keep the expense of attending to a reasonable amount for our members. These sponsors make the contributions specifically to the NSXCA for the benefit of Club members.

When Acura first entered the American LeMans, they sponsored the Club to the tune of approximately $150,000 per season the first two seasons they raced the ALMS by hosting between 50-100 NSXs plus their owners and guests to a hospitality tent, food/drinks, driver meet and greets, car corral, etc. at 5-6 races throughout the country. These were organized through the leadership of the NSXCA for the benefit of its members.

Hosting an NSXPO is a time consuming, and generally thankless, volunteer job where the organizers of the hosting region as well as the NSXCA Board of Directors all pay the same registration fees/track fees as every other member. Legal contracts binding the NSXCA are executed including for hotels, track rental, restaurants, museums, karting facilities and other similar vendors or host sites. These contracts not only cover guaranteed minimums but also bind the NSXCA legally for any damages that occur while using the facilities.

Why is that important to the NSXCA and how does it apply to this discussion of NSXPO being for club members only?

One such reason involves NSXPO 2006 in Sebring/Orlando. A couple of NSX owners who were not club members decided to "crash" the group photo. That photo was taken at an aircraft museum that the Club rented and for which any damage caused to the priceless exhibits would be our responsibility. Well these two chuckleheads thought it was cute not only to get into the photo without paying to attend the event, but they then proceeded to do burnouts on museum property before they left. Needless to say, the museum curators together with the local police had to be schmoozed to smooth things over. We do not condone such recklessness from our paying members but when legal liability arises from a few over whom we do not even have any control, it should become apparent why we require actual membership and registration fees to be aware of who is in attendance.

Another example was in 2011 when a few owners who were not members thought they could just show up at the host hotel and attend the banquet. Not only without ever joining the club but also without paying for the dinner. Had they not been discovered, guests/members who actually paid to attend might not have been able to eat since their places would have been taken by party crashers.

All attendees and guests pay the same registration fees and track costs, whether just a "regular member" or one of the many volunteers who sacrifice their limited free time to organize the event. We just ask that if someone would like to attend that the nominal annual dues of $40 be paid to join the club. This is not a cars and coffee event or a similar parking lot "show" where you come, hang around and then leave. This is a multi-day event that includes both a social program and a two day track event, all at a much reduced pricing thanks to our sponsors. Unfortunately it isn't feasible to sell "one day" passes for just part of the event since that would be inpossible to oversee and coordinate. We do offer separate pricing for the social for those who do not want to track their cars but the track event is "free" for spectators with the understanding that catered meals are just for our paying members while at the track.

There will always be a number of owners who feel they have a "right" to just show up for free since it is in their general area and they have an NSX. But generally it costs in excess of $100,000 to pull off such an event and with the legal obligations and liabilities assumed by the NSXCA, we would like to think everyone would understand why we require not only registration for the event but also club membership. Our sponsors do this for just our members and not for all NSX owners. But all owners can be a part by paying a mere $40 annually to join the NSX Club of America.

And since this comes up every year, I might as well explain the reasoning now to avoid it being "debated" as the event approaches.

NSXPO is the national (but with international members also attending) gathering of NSX owners who are members of the NSX Club of America. The NSXCA is the only national club in existence and is recognized by Acura/Honda. Over the years we have had sponsors donate tens of thousands of dollars toward the event to underwrite the cost of it and keep the expense of attending to a reasonable amount for our members. These sponsors make the contributions specifically to the NSXCA for the benefit of Club members.

When Acura first entered the American LeMans, they sponsored the Club to the tune of approximately $150,000 per season the first two seasons they raced the ALMS by hosting between 50-100 NSXs plus their owners and guests to a hospitality tent, food/drinks, driver meet and greets, car corral, etc. at 5-6 races throughout the country. These were organized through the leadership of the NSXCA for the benefit of its members.

Hosting an NSXPO is a time consuming, and generally thankless, volunteer job where the organizers of the hosting region as well as the NSXCA Board of Directors all pay the same registration fees/track fees as every other member. Legal contracts binding the NSXCA are executed including for hotels, track rental, restaurants, museums, karting facilities and other similar vendors or host sites. These contracts not only cover guaranteed minimums but also bind the NSXCA legally for any damages that occur while using the facilities.

Why is that important to the NSXCA and how does it apply to this discussion of NSXPO being for club members only?

One such reason involves NSXPO 2006 in Sebring/Orlando. A couple of NSX owners who were not club members decided to "crash" the group photo. That photo was taken at an aircraft museum that the Club rented and for which any damage caused to the priceless exhibits would be our responsibility. Well these two chuckleheads thought it was cute not only to get into the photo without paying to attend the event, but they then proceeded to do burnouts on museum property before they left. Needless to say, the museum curators together with the local police had to be schmoozed to smooth things over. We do not condone such recklessness from our paying members but when legal liability arises from a few over whom we do not even have any control, it should become apparent why we require actual membership and registration fees to be aware of who is in attendance.

Another example was in 2011 when a few owners who were not members thought they could just show up at the host hotel and attend the banquet. Not only without ever joining the club but also without paying for the dinner. Had they not been discovered, guests/members who actually paid to attend might not have been able to eat since their places would have been taken by party crashers.

All attendees and guests pay the same registration fees and track costs, whether just a "regular member" or one of the many volunteers who sacrifice their limited free time to organize the event. We just ask that if someone would like to attend that the nominal annual dues of $40 be paid to join the club. This is not a cars and coffee event or a similar parking lot "show" where you come, hang around and then leave. This is a multi-day event that includes both a social program and a two day track event, all at a much reduced pricing thanks to our sponsors. Unfortunately it isn't feasible to sell "one day" passes for just part of the event since that would be inpossible to oversee and coordinate. We do offer separate pricing for the social for those who do not want to track their cars but the track event is "free" for spectators with the understanding that catered meals are just for our paying members while at the track.

There will always be a number of owners who feel they have a "right" to just show up for free since it is in their general area and they have an NSX. But generally it costs in excess of $100,000 to pull off such an event and with the legal obligations and liabilities assumed by the NSXCA, we would like to think everyone would understand why we require not only registration for the event but also club membership. Our sponsors do this for just our members and not for all NSX owners. But all owners can be a part by paying a mere $40 annually to join the NSX Club of America.

Well said, Bob!

See you at NSXPO 2013,
Gary

Paul, annual membership in NSXCA is $40. The cost to attend NSXPO is based on how much sponsorship monies we are able to establish. But on average the cost to attend is around $285 - $300. Typically the cost without sponsors would be double that. You will also be responsible for your hotel stay. If you participate in the track event, that is typically about $400.

Your attendance fee covers all the expenses for the various events, some very nice memorabilia. I have attended two NSXPO's - and believe me - it's well worth it. Especially for those attendees who are within an easy drive to the NSXPO.

For the track event, I'd like to watch but not drive. I want to see what it's all about before I commit to do the track event (maybe next year). Would I have to pay just to get in to watch?

For the track event, I'd like to watch but not drive. I want to see what it's all about before I commit to do the track event (maybe next year). Would I have to pay just to get in to watch?

Someone on the board will have to answer this officially. But I would think that that there would be provision for members attending NSXPO social to attend some part of the 2 day track session as a spectator. For 2013 the track days are Tuesday/Wednesday. We are trying to line up some events on Monday at VIR (final day of the social portion of NSXPO) so that all NSX owners can get a sense of the track experience without actually tracking their cars.

Bob/RSO we met at NSXPO 2012 in Colorado, probably don't remember me but thats beside the point here. My company ( AutoWorks ) was one of the sponsors for Colorado's XPO, I don't know who is heading this years team for the event. if you can get them in contact with me through PM I'd like to talk with them about helping out, and become a sponsor again this year. I know we are definitely not the biggest sponsor that comes along but anything helps. My company doesn't receive any financial gain from being a sponsor but we understand that it helps the NSXCA and the NSXPO as a whole. I look forward to meeting many other owners as I was able to do at the 2012 XPO.
Thanks,
Bob

Someone on the board will have to answer this officially. But I would think that that there would be provision for members attending NSXPO social to attend some part of the 2 day track session as a spectator. For 2013 the track days are Tuesday/Wednesday. We are trying to line up some events on Monday at VIR (final day of the social portion of NSXPO) so that all NSX owners can get a sense of the track experience without actually tracking their cars.

As i mentioned in my long winded post above, spectators are welcome at no charge but any catered meals at the track are for paying trackers only since it is part of their separate track fees. The only requirement of a spectator is a signature on the track release and waiver.

- - - Updated - - -

Bob/RSO we met at NSXPO 2012 in Colorado, probably don't remember me but thats beside the point here. My company ( AutoWorks ) was one of the sponsors for Colorado's XPO, I don't know who is heading this years team for the event. if you can get them in contact with me through PM I'd like to talk with them about helping out, and become a sponsor again this year. I know we are definitely not the biggest sponsor that comes along but anything helps. My company doesn't receive any financial gain from being a sponsor but we understand that it helps the NSXCA and the NSXPO as a whole. I look forward to meeting many other owners as I was able to do at the 2012 XPO.
Thanks,
Bob

Will do. Thanks!

Thanks,
Bob

Hi Sleek,
I'll pm you regarding NSXPO 2013 sponsorships. John Komar and Steve LaClair are leading the 2013 NSXPO though I'm assisting them with the process. We are always looking for new sponsors and for those especially who have been involved in previous year's events.
Pooh

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Liz and I will be driving down with plans to track at VIR.

A little too soon to start the caravan thread, but I do look forward to driving down with lots of members from the New York metropolitan area

i will be there this year with some nsx owners from texas.. we'll be rolling in a caravan there. i missed last years due to work..

Welcome New Yorkers - and will be great to see Texas owners driving that distance. We are planning on having facilities at the hotel for "cleaning" your NSX's after the trip - as well as lining up some mobile detailers "on call" and available for those who need it.

We are aiming for a record attendance at NSXPO 2013.

John Komar/Steve LaClair - Co-Chairs NSXPO 2013

Welcome New Yorkers - and will be great to see Texas owners driving that distance. We are planning on having facilities at the hotel for "cleaning" your NSX's after the trip - as well as lining up some mobile detailers "on call" and available for those who need it.

We are aiming for a record attendance at NSXPO 2013.

John Komar/Steve LaClair - Co-Chairs NSXPO 2013

I actually do detailing so I can bring some supplies with me if people are interested

I actually do detailing so I can bring some supplies with me if people are interested

I will not have time to detail, but I could loan out my PC7424 for a detailing party. Shoot a reminder right before the event if this is something that you would want.

I will caravan down IF i drive it. If not I am sure i wouldnt be able to keep up with an enclosed with possibly two inside...

Back