• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2017 Bidding and NSXCA General Information

Hi Bob,
As a overseas member of the NSXCA I would like to echo Scott's remarks re your untiring efforts for the club and also all the other members contribution.

Thanks again for NSXPO 2015.

IAN94

the benefits of NSXCA and NSXprime simply cannot be understated :biggrin:

Member since 2001, Owner since 2003.
Yes, I joined before I purchased my 03:smile:

Just an early preview but the following will be the positions up for election for the Board of Directors in 2016:

2016 NSXCA Board of Directors Election

The NSXCA Board of Directors is composed of 4 elected officers and 6 regional representatives elected by members of their region. All board members serve 3-year terms. At NSXPO 2016, we will be electing our Treasurer and Regional Representatives from the Northeast and Southwest Regions, for terms ending in 2019.

The nomination process most likely will be opened up in late May or early June and the voting will be completed by early fall (in time to have ballots counted before NSXPO 2016).

Just wanted to log in to thank everyone on the board or working with the board. Had a great time in Palm Springs and sharing a icee with Ms. Purple.

Best,

E

please shoot me one Bob my old one is uv faded..thank you

you my hero....:smile:

indeed you my hoagie.....homie

........naw its strictly platonic....:eek:

I just received a new batch of nsxca stickers if a club member needs one.

View attachment 132021

I joined soon after the announcement of 2016 NSXPO. Should I have received some sort of communication or magazine? I would love one of those stickers. Let me know if you need me to send my mailing address. And thanks!

I joined soon after the announcement of 2016 NSXPO. Should I have received some sort of communication or magazine? I would love one of those stickers. Let me know if you need me to send my mailing address. And thanks!

I will send you a sticker. Did you receive your NSXPO edition of the magazine?

I will send you a sticker. Did you receive your NSXPO edition of the magazine?

Thanks. No, I have received no confirmation of any kind after I signed up. Curious, I received a note from PayPal that an automatically renewing annual charge was set up.

Thanks. No, I have received no confirmation of any kind after I signed up. Curious, I received a note from PayPal that an automatically renewing annual charge was set up.

Hi Bob,
I also signed up and got no confirm and PayPal did the same for me. The NSXCA web site also has "no membership numbers are available at this time". Thanks in advance for looking into this and I'll take one of those stickers please.

Mark

Hi Bob,
I also signed up and got no confirm and PayPal did the same for me. The NSXCA web site also has "no membership numbers are available at this time". Thanks in advance for looking into this and I'll take one of those stickers please.

Mark

I think we have been able isolate the issue! It appears there was a dead link between the online registration and notification to us of a new member so that a packet could be sent. We switched from a manual system last year and I think we have been able to trace the breakdown. Please accept our apologies and our thanks for being patient while we transition to a more modern way of doing things.

By way of background, for the past seven years I would personally go to club mailbox and pick up snail mail including new member registrations and renewals. I would personally scan every one and then The Don would manually input the info into a database on an excel spreadsheet. That would then be updated monthly and transmitted to another volunteer to snail mail welcome packets. A lot work but it did work.

We are transitioning to a more streamlined digital and online processing but the bugs have not all been worked out. As volunteers we do our best but sometimes we need to regroup and redefine/refine the process. We are continually seeking to improve and hope the end result will meet everyone's expectations.

In the interim Mark, please pm me your full name and snail mail address and I will get a sticker out to you today.

I think we have been able isolate the issue! ..... Please accept our apologies and our thanks for being patient while we transition to a more modern way of doing things.

No apologies necessary. As you state, this is a volunteer endeavor. Of course we all appreciate what is done here on Prime and in running NSXCA.

By way of background, for the past seven years I would personally go to club mailbox ... (tedious labor-intensive manual process deleted) ... A lot work but it did work.

Again, the effort is MOST appreciated. Bob, I know you are EXTREMELY gracious with your time, as you helped me with situations, both personally and related to Prime. I just don't know how people like you and Wei-Shen stuff so much into a day and do all you do.

Aw, heck, now you're making me feel guilty, which is probably (or should have been! :biggrin:) your point. I'd love to contribute but I am not in a position to do so at the moment. (I seem to always end up volunteering: When I was into Mustangs, I was board member of Ft. Lauderdale Mustang Club; I usually get elected foreman when I am selected to a jury; I am a member of my HOA board of directors; I was recording secretary in local chapter of Airstream club and usually am involved in cooking for gatherings; I volunteered in local autocross club, did set up and tear down, designed courses; etc., etc., and my profession as a certified Project Manager means that at work I am accountable for EVERYONE'S tasks . . . .)

Maybe soon I'll be in a position mentally and time-wise to volunteer and contribute.

Website update:

We continue to trace the bugs and dead links on the club website, www.NSXCA.org, and are making progress. The "forgot password" link is working so it will help with login issues because an automated response is sent with a link to reset the password. Additional features are being added and beta tested but I wanted to at least let everyone know that the site is getting the attention it, and you, deserve.

Also, for dinosaurs (myself included) still using an aol email address that conflict has been resolved and the site will accept aol now.

To be continued..........

ROS 34,

Will the bugs that you've fixed, or possibly still running down, be retroactive? I want to be sure I receive future publications. Like others, I did not receive a welcome packet or new member number. I was able to acquire the latest NSXPO edition of the club magazine and I think I'll also be able to get a decal. Besides a member number, anything else I'd be missing?

J

Is the Hotel listed on the NSXCA site the host/event hotel? Are rooms still available? I thought I saw that our block of rooms is filled. Is this so?

Last edited:
Back