• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2019 in Washington DC Oct 9-13

PromoGraphic-1.jpg

NSXPO is coming to Washington DC in October of 2019 for the first time ever and we are extremely excited to have you all here. If all goes well with the weather, the trees should present a spectacular fall display and the temperatures pleasant. There is a lot more to DC than just the monuments and the museums and we have been working hard to build a schedule that will let you see as much of it as you can! The hotel we have chosen this year is the Gaylord Resort at National Harbor - a spectacular convention centered located on the Potomac River at the southern tip of the beltway.

Social Registration https://nsxca.org/shop/nsxpo-2019-social-registration/
Discounted Room Reservations at the Gaylord are available from the above link.

The High Performance Driving Event (HPDE) will take place at Summit Point Motorsports in West Virginia (just across the border) which is about 2 hours from the host hotel and will be managed by Chin Motorsports. Summit main is a great track for people who have never tracked their car before, so we encourage people to consider getting your NSX out to its natural habitat and learning how to safely manage it at speed. It really is one of the best things you can do to learn how to handle your vehicle and is almost guaranteed to make you a safer (and faster) overall driver.

HPDE Registration [LINK PENDING - WILL UPDATE WHEN WE GO LIVE!]

Summit Point is located in the Shenandoah Valley region which has some absolutely amazing driving roads and rich Civil War history. We encourage non-HPDE participants to come out early and let your car cruise through the winding back roads of Virginia - it is an experience any driving enthusiast will not regret! So consider coming early and getting the most out of your DC experience!

As we have updates and an official schedule we will share that information. We expect registration to open in early May.

If you have questions or comments that you don't want to share in this space, please feel free to email me directly. Also if you are interested in being a sponsor and would like more information, please email me as well. I can be contacted at [email protected]

I look forward to welcoming everyone to Washington DC!

Last edited:
looking forward to it :cool:

ComingSoon1.jpg

To help you decide, here is a brief overview of the social schedule:

Thursday:
Welcome Reception at Gaylord Rooftop bar "Pose"

Friday:

MORNING: Group Drive to Udvar Hazy Air & Space Museum – group photo and lunch
AFTERNOON: Group Drive to Skyline Drive – strict 35MPH speed limit, this is a scenic drive. Attendees are welcome to go on a separate routes in the Shenandoah Valley should they not wish to stay with the main group.
EVENING: Dinner boat cruise along the Potomac River

Saturday

MORNING: Concourse
AFTERNOON: Unrestricted time – socialize with fellow NSX owners, travel in to Washington DC or explore the near by regions with NSX owners. We will have lots of suggestions and routes, but want you to feel unrestricted and choose what works best for you.
EVENING: Sunset Cocktail hour followed by Banquet dinner at the Riverview Ballroom

Sunday:

Farewell Brunch (optional)

NSXPO 2019 Social Registration is now Open!

The social portion will be held in National Harbor Thursday-Sunday October 10-13 with a registration cost of $400.

The optional HPDE (High Performance Driving Event) will take place at Summit Point Motorsports on Wednesday-Thursday October 9-10 with a registration cost of $400 and will be run by Chin Track Days. Summit Point Motorsports is located in Summit Point, West Virginia about 80 miles or 129 kilometers northwest of Washington DC.

Please note that Track Registration is currently not open yet. We will send a separate email when it is available.

Cancellations will be accepted until Thursday August 1 at 6PM ET. After that date, all registrations are non-refundable. Cancellations are subject to a processing fee of $50.

Note: You must be logged into the NSXCA.org website BEFORE being able to fully access the HPDE and Social registration pages.

https://nsxca.org/shop/nsxpo-2019-social-registration/

We look forward to welcoming everyone to Washington DC!

HPDE (Track Registration) is now open!

An email was sent to all active NSXCA members with details on how to register for the HPDE event being hosted by Chin Track Days.

If you didn't get an email or have any questions - reach out to me at [email protected] and I will get you taken care of.

Looking forward to a GREAT track event and thanks to our friends at Chin Track Days for the continued support they give to the NSX Club of America - you guys are the best!

Are track folks staying at a different hotel?

Thanks for reaching out Dan...

I'm all signed up and pretty excited. 15 years since my first NSXPO at Watkins Glen!

Track Days at Summit Point — NSXPO

Just received this email from Chin (the trackday instructor school) for the NSXPO event at Summit Point.

I was under the impression that the track was reserved for only NSXPO participants. Clearly, it’s not. But was I under a false presumption all along? Or did you also assume that the track was being reserved for JUST this event?

Attachments

• 21E9F27F-0EB7-41D6-8F6C-0B541E4BA875.jpg
    21E9F27F-0EB7-41D6-8F6C-0B541E4BA875.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 201
We opened the event up exclusively to NSXCA members for well over a month. Due to low turn out in the intermediate and advanced groups and an interest in not losing prodigous amounts of money, we have opened it up to the general public to try and fill spaces.

The open aspect is ONLY for solo drivers in the advanced/intermediate groups - all novice run groups are filled with NSXCA owners.

Back