• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2023

Colorado folks, I am planning a route for NSXPO this year. I can only take two days off, so I'm skipping the track day and plan to make the drive to Atlanta (21 hours) over two legs:

Leg 1 Denver to Lawrence, KS (Approx. 8 Hours) --> Depart Wednesday 9/27 at 2 pm MT, arrive Lawrence 11 pm CT; Via I-70. There are some nice places to stay in Lawrence where our cars can be secure. It's a college town.

Leg 2 Lawrence, KS to Atlanta (Approx. 13 hours) --> Depart Thursday 9/28 at 6 am CT, arrive NSXPO 7 pm ET.

Return Leg 1 Atlanta to Lawrence, KS (Approx. 13 Hours) --> Depart Sunday 10/1 6 am ET, arrive Lawrence Sunday night.

Return Leg 2 Poplar Bluff, MO to Denver (Approx. 8 Hours) --> Depart Lawrence Monday 4/2 6 am CT, arrive Denver 1 pm MT.

The route will take us through Kansas via I-70, Springfield, MO via I-49 and I-44, Nashville via US-60 and I-24, and Atlanta via I-24 and I-75. It's about an hour slower than the fastest route, but it avoids two major cities (Kansas City and St. Louis) and the traffic/road headaches that come with them.

Screenshot 2023-03-16 123321.jpg

Ideally, I'd like to make the drive with at least 3-4 other NSXs, as there is safety in numbers, especially at night. I will have walkie talkies. We can figure out stops for food, etc. along the way. I found a nice hotel in Lawrence. I'll post up on the Colorado FB group too.

@NSX_n00b @mskrotzki @VANSXTC @dawk @NSX-COLORADO @WillErickson @latzke @LrdVader

Last edited:
@Honcho
I'm leaving on Monday 9/25. Doing Fort Collins to KC for Day 1. Then Day 2 is KC to Nashville, TN (actually just past Nashville/in the suburbs) on Tuesday, 9/26. Then Day 3 on Wednesday, 9/27 I'm doing the short shot down to Atlanta and checking into the host hotel. While I won't be driving the track event on Thursday, 9/28, I will be hanging out at the track and participating in the parade lap/photo op if they do one.
Sunday: Atlanta to Tuscaloosa. Monday Tuscaloosa to Little Rock (may shift it back to Memphis and stay on the Navy base). Tuesday is down to Tyler, TX to visit family. Spend Wednesday with family and then depart Tyler, TX on Thursday and drive to Manhattan, KS. Then back to Fort Collins on Friday, 10/6.

@Honcho - As @WillErickson mentions, why not fly down. Send the car ahead with enclosed transport, arrive on Thursday and 'accept delivery' - do full social portion of NSXPO - put on enclosed transport on Sunday, and fly home that afternoon. Less time off from work, full NSXPO, and probably pretty close to a "wash" on costs given gas, mileage, and a couple of hotel nights while "on the road.
And, more importantly, not having to do your own mini cannonball run with a hard "push" on the drive with no "buffer" for any issues...

@Honcho - As @WillErickson mentions, why not fly down. Send the car ahead with enclosed transport, arrive on Thursday and 'accept delivery' - do full social portion of NSXPO - put on enclosed transport on Sunday, and fly home that afternoon. Less time off from work, full NSXPO, and probably pretty close to a "wash" on costs given gas, mileage, and a couple of hotel nights while "on the road.
And, more importantly, not having to do your own mini cannonball run with a hard "push" on the drive with no "buffer" for any issues...
I’d like to go, but more likely to fly, not likely to schedule that kind of time off in September.
You guys might think I'm crazy, but I actually want to do the drive. Spending a day or two with the car on the road is appealing to me. I'll be covered in PPF, so the highway doesn't scare me. I've always loved long roadtrips and doing so in a NSX with a few friends is even better!

@Honcho I hear you. For me, the road trip to/from NSXPO is an integral part of the event...and with 185.5K on the NSX and no ppf, I'm not worried about more chips/paint damage...those just represent hard earned "road trophies" for actually driving the car. But since you just did a repaint, I understand the ppf.
Now, maybe ship one way and move the days off to the other side to "decompress" the drive to/from Atlanta. You still get the benefit of a few thousand road miles but you aren't doing 13 hours driving days where you are running on a fine edge of a crappy day if there is even the slightest "hiccup" (unexpected road construction/crash/break down/weather).
I would do the "to" drive (so you KNOW you have the car at NSXPO), and ship back. Get the full social event, get a great drive, and don't have to extend days off from work...
Regardless, looking forward to seeing the Type-S tribute in Imola if I don't see it before NSXPO

@Honcho...And I don't think you're crazy for wanting to spend a few days "on the road" in the NSX. I love getting some "road time" in...very peaceful and relaxing in the grand scheme of things....
Maybe that is why I did the "banzai run" from Fort Collins to Knoxville, TN last summer for Richard and Liz Graves' "NSXpedition"...left Thursday mid-morning...drove to Columbia, MO for the night. Then Friday was down to Knoxville, TN. Saturday was the "NSXpedition"...Sunday morning was a giant Cars and Coffee in Knoxville followed by a drive to KC. Monday was KC back to FOCO...so yeah, I understand where you are at...that was 3300 miles of driving crammed into 4 days on the road to support a drive (Foothills Parkway, Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway), a dinner, and a Cars & Coffee....but it was very enjoyable...so I get ya...

@Honcho...And I don't think you're crazy for wanting to spend a few days "on the road" in the NSX. I love getting some "road time" in...very peaceful and relaxing in the grand scheme of things....
Maybe that is why I did the "banzai run" from Fort Collins to Knoxville, TN last summer for Richard and Liz Graves' "NSXpedition"...left Thursday mid-morning...drove to Columbia, MO for the night. Then Friday was down to Knoxville, TN. Saturday was the "NSXpedition"...Sunday morning was a giant Cars and Coffee in Knoxville followed by a drive to KC. Monday was KC back to FOCO...so yeah, I understand where you are at...that was 3300 miles of driving crammed into 4 days on the road to support a drive (Foothills Parkway, Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway), a dinner, and a Cars & Coffee....but it was very enjoyable...so I get ya...
My life is so crazy that 4 days of just cruising down the highway with some tunes and some other NSXs is very appealing. I need to know the exact days of the event though, since I only can really afford 2 PTO days. The way I listed it above is based on past NSXPO experience, where Thursday and Friday are the track days and Saturday and Sunday are the event days and everyone usually leaves after the lunch or dinner on Sunday.

@Honcho For NSXPO 2023, the schedule is as follows (at least as I understand it...):
Day: Thursday, 28 September 2023 - HPDE (track day) at Atlanta Motorsports Park (day)
Evening: Thursday, 28 September 2023 - Check-in and "welcome social" for the NSXPO Social portion
Friday, 29 September 2023 - Saturday, 30 September 2023: Group Drive/Vendor Presentations & booths (the old "technical sessions")/Group Photo/Concours
Evening: Saturday, 30 September 2023 - Formal dinner/concours awards/auctions...maybe a keynote speaker
Morning: Sunday, 01 October 2023 - potential Cars and Coffee event in the Atlanta Area and then departure.
Host hotel: TBD

I'll likely ship/fly

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The cup of a carpenter..

Sweet…I’m looking forward to meeting you guys. I’d be up for syncing up in Nashville and riding down….there’s a very scenic slight detour in Chattanooga that runs along the river…

Back