• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO Seminars and Demonstrations, Poll

This years NSXPO will feature Technical Seminars and Demonstrations as in previous years. We are soliciting ideas and opinions from the people who are likely to attend, as to what would be most interesting to see and hear.
We are doing this poll this year because so many topics have already been covered, and before we repeat anything, we want to know what is most popular, and important, to the audience.

Some examples of previous tech seminars are:
Transmissions and Clutches
Maintenance
Engine Construction
Suspension and Tires
Lubricants

Examples of demonstrations are:
Paint Care
Interior detailing
Car Care Products

Tech seminars should be car specific, and not product specific. Demonstrations may be put on by a vendor, such as a particular car wax manufacturer, but only to the extent that the info presented should apply generally to car waxing. There will be competing vendors who pay a sponsorship fee to be present, and all should be respected. These fees help keep the cost of NSXPO affordable, and all vendors will have the chance to display thier products individually at their own exhibits, on vendor day.
Ideas for Vendors you would like to see present are also welcome, as we are currently sending out Vendor info.

Thanx for taking this time to contribute.
NSXPO 2005
Phoenix

Well, this will be my first NSXPO, so most of the above sound very interesting to me. On the tech seminar side, I'd be most interested in maintenance and forced induction. On the demo side, I need to learn much more about detailing inside and out. Probably would be redundant for some folks, so you might want to weight my preferences accordingly. :)

Alot of people seem to dissatisfied with the stock stereo system. An interesting seminar might be about ICE, both installation as well as some demonstrations regarding fiberglass. Tim

I would suggest that the emphasis on any particular seminar be placed on who normally does the work. For example, certain complex tasks (e.g. clutch replacement, stereo replacement, supercharger installation, etc) are most frequently performed by professionals; seminars on these topics might be geared towards how to select and work with the professional mechanics who would be doing the actual work. Other, simpler tasks (e.g. detailing, fluid changes, etc) are often performed by do-it-yourself owners, and seminars on these topics might be presented as more of a "how to do it yourself".

Hey MB,It is tough to have one or two sessions that will appeal to all attendees.I think you may want to see how many first timers are coming and what may be nice for them would be a basic lecture on how many firsts and inovations went into our cars' construction(woodworks') lecture of many moons ago comes to mind,simultaneously there could be more specific mechanical talks catering to the regulars.I enjoyed the brake discussion at our last xpo.Also one other past memory stands out when we toured the honda test facility and were able to talk about various mods and suspension chassis stuff with cars up on lifts.I think having a car on a lift is very helpful ,as most enthusiasts are more apt to tinker with aftermarket brake/suspension/chassis stuff rather than engine stuff,just my thoughts.

supercharger tech. seminar would be sick!

We are very interested in being a vendor at NSXPO'05! Please send us the information packet so we know what we are getting into :biggrin: Also, we just went to RotaryRevolution'05 and we did a seminar over leather installation in a 93-95 RX7.

leatherseats.com said:
We are very interested in being a vendor at NSXPO'05! Please send us the information packet so we know what we are getting into :biggrin: Also, we just went to RotaryRevolution'05 and we did a seminar over leather installation in a 93-95 RX7.
Heather (NSXprime username TucAZNSX) is in charge of NSXPO 2005. I've alerted her to your interest. She should be getting in touch with you.

This may be a ridiculous suggestion as I have not attended any NSXPOs before. But, it seems there is HUGE amount of threads on exhaust systems (what they sound like, how much RWHP gained etc.) I think it would be cool to have examples of NSXs with various aftermarket exhausts in a line and have the owners give a few revs one right after the other for comparison's sake. Also, will there be any seminars on basic tracking? I mean something for track newbies that would be helpful to those just getting started. Some wives may want to attend that as well. I'm talking like oversteer vs. understeer and crap like that. This is probably way off base of what you were asking, and not NSXPO worthy, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks.

Doc C said:
This may be a ridiculous suggestion as I have not attended any NSXPOs before. But, it seems there is HUGE amount of threads on exhaust systems (what they sound like, how much RWHP gained etc.) I think it would be cool to have examples of NSXs with various aftermarket exhausts in a line and have the owners give a few revs one right after the other for comparison's sake. Also, will there be any seminars on basic tracking? I mean something for track newbies that would be helpful to those just getting started. Some wives may want to attend that as well. I'm talking like oversteer vs. understeer and crap like that. This is probably way off base of what you were asking, and not NSXPO worthy, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks.

Thanx, Doc,
All comments are worthy. We are getting good input, and okay input, buts its all input we want. The track event will include instruction, both before and during (on track and off) the run groups. These are High Performance Drivers Education classes, and are all about education, for the first timer, and the well practised alike.
The exhaust comparison could be a good basis for a vendor show, and I'm doing that as well, so we will see what might be done.

THANX,
MB
NSXPO2005

LIke statedabove, A forced induction power adders seminar or possibly along with paint care/detailing maybe a seminar on body kits (widebodies/lipkits)

Since a lot of people are upgrading wheels possibly a more indepth look at multipiece wheels/offsets for maximum width and deliver, thats if you havent done that in the past. I know everyone can just come to to PRIME but to see it personally would be knowledgable.

I dunno

hope this helps
gil

I agree with the suggestions so far -- stereo's, paint care, wheels, & gearshift knobs. :p All the basics of good care maintenance.

Things like a "widebody kits and big wing" seminar may not interest all the "stock boyz". :D Depending on the event, if there's enough free time I guess people interested in such modifications will be able to check out what other owners have done. Seeing what someone else has done and talking to them about it is better than a lecture on how a big-wing gives more hp's. :p Also, will there be a session on best wax -- now that could be exciting. :D

The exhaust line up is a great idea. How about a "noisest exhaust" of NSXPO 2005 award. ;) The lowest NSX award. :rolleyes: Or a Biggest wing award. :D Or "the REAL nsxtasy" award. :D

Anyway, whatever the sessions are about, if it's about the NSX it's all good. :)

Handling:
One of the most common questions I hear is,"What can I do to my car to make it handle better? I see all these products and I don't know what will work for me, what are the benefits of each up-grade?" It would be good to have an experienced person help some folks through the maze of performance parts and modifications. A classic I always think of is a guy here in Portland had set of RA-1 tires on a spare set of wheels(came with his car) he figured he could use at the track some times. Well when he went to the track the car drove terribly, much poorer traction that the stock tires. No one had taken the time to tell him you need more camber to make those tires hook up, all he needed was a change in the alignment to greatly improve the way the car worked, his first thought was adding and changing part.

Brakes:
Another topic along the same line is brake performace, there is lots of talk about big brake kits now the parts are getting cheaper, but are they needed, do they make sense and can you stop the car well enough with stock set-ups? What part does technique play in slowing the car? Can you drive the car on the track and never need to go big? What about agressive pads and floating stock diameter rotors? Are 6 pot calipers any better than the stock 1 and 2 pot? Why do I need cooling ducts? Is all the kinetic energy of forward movement in my car converted into heat energy when I stop with my brakes?

FI:
A forced induction confab is always interesting, sure are some imperessive numbers coming out of Las Vegas these days :biggrin: Hint, Hint...

Engine Electronics:
Aftermarket ECU/pigback and tuning benefits, as more folks are bumping against the capability/limitation of the stock ECU, there is are more options for increased performance. For the early years, complete ECU repalcements, and for latter years, piggyback electronic equipment to control fuel, Vtech, timing and other aspects of engine control.

NeoNSX said:
How about a "noisest exhaust" of NSXPO 2005 award. ;)
At previous NSXPOs, the "noisiest exhaust award" consisted of an authentic certificate presented by the local law enforcement authorities, in an outdoor ceremony attended only by the owner. :eek:

nsxtasy said:
At previous NSXPOs, the "noisiest exhaust award" consisted of an authentic certificate presented by the local law enforcement authorities, in an outdoor ceremony attended only by the owner. :eek:

lol.... what, no free night accomodation & breakfast included? :D

I had another silly thought today: I dont know how many NSX Prime members are going, but we should have some awards for those members... like "biggest post wh0re", "king of pix", "Funniest poster of the year" (could be a close call between <B>MiamieNeSeX & prova4re</B> ) and "biggest flame war starter". hmmmmm... then again, maybe not. :D

How about a "What the...." Award for the weirdest modification? (like why did you mount the steering wheel and pedals on the LH side??? :confused: :biggrin: :biggrin: )

Seriously though.... My opinion...

1. I think an aftermarket exhaust comparison is a definite drawcard... Heck, if you guys get that organised I will come!!
(You might need someone to hold the leash you are going to have to put on Neo... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: )

2. Tyres/wheels comparison - What fits and what rubs (can you live with it?).

3. FI - Where did you put your intercooler/s ??? side show... :biggrin:

4. Dyno competition... NA and FI classes... Lets really see if those mods are really working or is it all show ???

5. Best body kit... It your NSX FAT? or is it really just overweight?? :biggrin:

6. Finally, the usual (I think since I have never been) displays by SOS, Dali etc showcasing their latest "must have" wares...

Some of my suggestions have already been mentioned above but I have repeated them as a way to indicate that I too would like to see that....

Back