• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO Transport

Is anyone arranging for transport to NSXPO or possibly interested in trying to get an entire car load (7 cars)? We could try to arrange for a Chicago pickup?

Tim

Hi Tim, myself and Kevin would both be interested, if the $ amount was near what you had mentioned before.

Thus far, price is 11800 for 6 cars round trip. This is in completely enclosed transport. Obviously less for uncovered transport. The driver actually would stay in Phoenix awaiting pickup. Pickup would be in Chicago and delivery to the Hotel. Deliver either on 10/6 or 10/7 and pickup on 10/11 or 10/12 if people want to track their cars. The return date is variable since the driver is staying in Phoenix. It would be marginally less expensive to come home earlier. I will keep looking.

If interested parties would consider uncovered transport, let me know.

By the way, transport via train is around $7500 for up to 15 cars :eek: This would be from terminal to terminal. Chime in if anyone as prior experience transporting by train.

Tim

Please note that there is also some interest in a transporter from the Northeast (New York), as proposed in this topic. So if neither group can fill the transporter on its own, it might work out for a single transporter to start in New York and stop on the way in Detroit and/or Chicago.

jorligan said:
By the way, transport via train is around $7500 for up to 15 cars :eek: This would be from terminal to terminal. Chime in if anyone as prior experience transporting by train.

Tim

What do we know of transport by train? I have never heard of it as an option.

Am also interested in transport arrangements -- open or closed truck, or train.
Roundtrip from Chicago to AZ ideally.

Anyone have any more detail on the "train" option ?? Logically that should be less $$, although it may require more cars (?).

My only catch is that I might only be there for the HPDE event -- will need help in getting my car unloaded and parked at the hotel.

Please email me with any addl plans -- mcantoria "at" gmail "dot" com

Thanks -- Manuel

nsx1164 said:
Anyone have any more detail on the "train" option ?? Logically that should be less $$, although it may require more cars (?).
I doubt that it will be practical, unless there are enough cars to fill at least two truck transporters, which does not seem to be the situation.

I would also think that there could be logistical issues regarding scheduling, loading, and unloading with a train. A train car certainly couldn't pick up the cars at the hotel or at the track, the way a truck can.

Why just 6 cars on a truck? An enclosed, and open transporter will hold 8 NSX's. You also need to keep in mind that if anyone in your party is lowered or has ground effects that their car will not make it up the ramps on an open carrier. Trust me.

The big rig enclosed car haullers we used via intercity were 3 up 4 down I don't think 8 would make it.

I've seen Intercity, beautiful rigs, but I've not seen inside of one. Check out Waggoners. Trucks aren't as pretty, but they're a big outfit and are just as accomodating as the carrier mentioned in the earlier posts.

The enclosed transport is a 6 or 7 carrier. It uses a lift to get the cars into the trailer vs a ramp. Still looking. Will check on prices for open carriers as well.

Tim

Back