• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPrime appreciating HID kit special sale

Hi

Well I was supposed to mount my WhiteNSX's HID kit saturday, but I just had to do it right away.

The install was straight forward.

Here is a picture after I installed one. It was still daylight, but you can see the difference. The color probably will be more white after a while. I just turned them on in this picture.

Great kit. Great service and all that :biggrin:

Now I need those LED bulbs for the parking lights as they look like sh** now :smile:

Regards

Attachments

• IMG_3506-800.JPG
    IMG_3506-800.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
I just want to publicly thank WhiteNSXs for his generous offer to install the HID on my car, not to mention what I paid for it, which I can't disclose. :wink:

Well, this is truly an NSXPO special offer. On our last day (Monday)of NSXPO, after autoXing all day and drove 400 miles back to LA, he offered to take the 6000 HID from his car and install it on my car. Mind you that it was already around 10pm and he still had to drive another 500 miles home the next day. What a guy!

The installation including taking it out of his car, installing on my car and putting both cars back together, took a total of 1 hour. The installation was truly plug and play. Great kit, Steve!

Why I feedback so late? Well, yesterday was the first time I drove my car at night. He had been telling me that I should be upgrading to HID. I'd been using the Sylvania Silver Stars and thought that its pretty white. Last night, the HID totally blew my socks off.

I can see!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Steve! You are a great resource for the NSX community. You are purely doing it out of your passion of this great car and that is very admirable.

Hi

I have gotten a few miles in the dark this weekend with the HID's. Very nice. I need to adjust them since they are a little low.

I will be buying the high beams from Steve too. That I think will be even nicer. After using the HID's this weekend I do not think that the delay powering on would be a problem on high beams.

Great kit. I will mail you Steve in a couple of months.

Regards

demigod said:
Can we get another group buy going? Maybe you can have a Christmas special one! :biggrin:

If this gets up and going again please let me know.

I have to second (or third) all other assessments on Steve's kit. It was really easy to install (even for a mechanically non-proficient guy like me) and the result was a great improvement over the stock lights!
One thing is that after having the HID istalled, I just HAD to change the parking bulb, .. it just doesn't look right having a yellow parking light under the white HID!! :biggrin:

Cheers .. Gus

bsudiro said:
One thing is that after having the HID istalled, I just HAD to change the parking bulb, .. it just doesn't look right having a yellow parking light under the white HID!! :biggrin:

Cheers .. Gus

Totally, Steve, you may as well bundle the parking lights in the kit to simplify our lives. Not sure how many people actually be happy keeping their parking lights after their HID install.

Hi

If you get another one going I am in for a High beam kit.

I got 6000K last time so I need another one. I do not need parking lights bulbs. D'Ecosse will get me a "starterkit" for newly HID installers :biggrin:

I agree. You can not have those yellow parkinglights after you get HID's.

Regards

martin said:
...After using the HID's this weekend I do not think that the delay powering on would be a problem on high beams....
Probably less noticable effect on the NSX since when on "high" both low & high lamps are on simultaneously. i.e. there will be no heat-up effect on the low beam bulb as it will only go out when you finally turn the lights off completely at the end of your excursion. There will still be a heat-up effect of the high beam lamp each time you switch to "high" but this will be less obvious in conjunction with the low beam which will remain at its steady intensity/colour.
With other cars where only either high or low lamp is illuminated exclusively for each condition, then I would not recommend their use in that circumstance.

D'Ecosse said:
Probably less noticable effect on the NSX since when on "high" both low & high lamps are on simultaneously.

Hi

Yes I think it will be just fine. I have seen a lot of cars with extra high beams mounted with xenon. lately. You do not want to be flashed with those babies thats for sure :smile:

Regards

Back