• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX's New body style !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ack!
A Supra read end, Mazda RX7 roof line, and a 300Z/Eclipse nose?!?!?!? I think this may be one of tose super body kits you find in Japan rather than a *new* NSX spy shot. :/

dp

Well, if it is then at least the price of the G1 NSX will go up. That puppy is ugly. Maybe we'll be able to transplant the engine. Eck gawd, I bet that would be expensive.

Here's some info I got from a friend that is has a connection to Motegi:

- The engine is done. It is a V-8, 3.5 or 4.0 L with an output of 350-400 hp. It is based on the new RL engine's block.
- Launch date is 2004, in 2002 Honda is considering a slight external bodywork upgrade, to be based on the current NSX.
- Car will be AL, not steel as some rumors go...
- "Significantly" more expensive than the current NSX, so it will not be in the 911 price range

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Yo ScienceofSpeed,

I like your message, but excuse my ignorance: what's this "Motegi," how does your friend know anything, and if he does know something or everything, isn't he in deep shit trouble with the "connection in Motegi" now for telling you, because you just plastered his info on this INTERNET site?

Please explain, with some attempt at buliding credibility. We want to believe you, badly. Thanks.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

[This message has been edited by NSXY (edited 30 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by NSXY (edited 30 January 2001).]

NSXY,
Give the guy a break, I mean what is he supposed to do give you the guys name and address? Information always leaks from factory's on upcomming product, that's just how life works. True Honda has always been hush and tried to keep most info of their new products secret but I'm sure most employees end up slipping some information out, there is no way to avoid it. For instance three weeks ago a Honda exec slipped some info that their new GP bikes would be V-5 4 strokes and a few days ago an official press release followed to confirm the rumour. I'm sure science of speed believes his source but everybody should know it could be true or it can change, even if it came from the president of Honda you never know, that's why they call em "rumours".

Motegi = Special Honda R&D center, NSX and S2000 production site, proving grounds etc etc. Motegi = NSX birthing ground.

Ambiguousness of my post is intentional. No, he's not in trouble, as the post was ambiguous ;-)

Believe what you want. I still consider everything I have heard as rumors. But this info made most sense to me.

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Back