• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX's of Australia Wallpaper #2 (July)

I'm a bit late with this months wallpaper. [June wallpaper <A HREF="http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52052">here</A>] Been busy with work and playing competition golf, right Dippy?. ;)

PHOTO DETAILS:
Two black Melbourne NSX's - <B>Dippy9</B> on the left, and INSXI on the right who unfortunately isn't a member of NSXprime. This photo was taken underneath the Bolte Bridge late February 2005.

<B>1600x1200 VERSIONS:

* <A HREF="http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9965&size=big&sort=1&cat=500&page=1">02 - NSX's of Australia - Dippy9 & INSXI - 1600x1200 Wallpaper</A> 256KB</B>
      - If the above image is too dark for your monitor, use <A HREF="http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9964&size=big&sort=1&cat=500&page=1">this version</A>

<B>1280x800 WIDESCREEN VERSION:

* <A HREF="http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9963&size=big&sort=1&cat=500&page=1">02 - NSX's of Australia - Dippy9 & INSXI - 1280x800 Wallpaper</A> 140KB</B>
      - This looks awesome on a normal monitor 'centered' with letterboxing.

<B>800x600 VERSION ATTACHED:

Attachments

• 02_NSX_Australia_Dippy9_INSXI_800.jpeg
    02_NSX_Australia_Dippy9_INSXI_800.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,006
*Confused* I'm not fishing for compliments here, but is there something wrong with this photo? Is it too dark, too sparse, too black ;) or just not enough bling?! :rolleyes: Nobody has posted and very few ppl have downloaded it. "confused: Or have i missed a thread with import models?!.... :p :D

Criticism & honest comments are welcome.

Thanks for sharing. You are right about the lighting. The camera focused on where the light was; the sky. The cars just faded into the shade. Outdoor shoots can be really interesting because you don't always have control of your light. Now, had there of been a model in the picture she/he (depending on your pref) wouldn't have come out clear at all. They would have been completely shadowed and hard to see. :eek:

Actually NEO, I think it looks good. I have it as my wallpaper on my laptop! I don't think you need a models butt in a thong to improve the pic. Trust me I love women, but contrary to paris' comments, not every car pic needs a half naked chick hanging all over it. :rolleyes:

nuccaJB said:
Actually NEO, I think it looks good. I have it as my wallpaper on my laptop! I don't think you need a models butt in a thong to improve the pic. Trust me I love women, but contrary to paris' comments, not every car pic needs a half naked chick hanging all over it. :rolleyes:

I think you should read the thread a little better before you post your 2 cents. No where did I say the picture needed a model; I was talking about the lighting and how it would have looked had there been a model in the shot.

Nucca- This shows you are a little to quick to criticize. Why don't you chill out a bit, huh? :tongue:

My bad. :tongue:
I thought that you were referring to it needing a model! You could have him reshoot the pic at NSXPO this year if that was what you wanted. If you have not heard yet, NEO will be there!

Thanks for the feedback <B>ParisModel</B>. Interestingly, the original photo was exposed correctly. (technical sidenote: you cannot take an accurate light reading from a BLACK nsx -- it has to be taken from something nearby else it will be incorrect). But the overall photo lacked contrast and looked boring. So I darkened the NSX's to silhouette them, and enhance the colour of the sky. See attached thumbnail of the original photo. You can also spot some of the background i removed. ;)

If I'd had a hot model in the shot I would have shot this photo completely differently. Err... that's presuming I'd be able to push the shutter button at all. :D lol

<B>nuccaJB</B> : Yup! I'll be there. Glad to hear you're getting some use out of the wallpaper, and thanx for being so diplomatic on this thread. :)

Attachments

• dippy9_original.jpg
    dippy9_original.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 647
Back