• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXs Owned By the Rich and Famous

Walt Cunningham, a retired American astronaut. In 1968, he was the Lunar Module pilot on the Apollo 7 mission. He was NASA's third civilian astronaut (after Neil Armstrong and Elliot See), and has also been a fighter pilot, physicist, entrepreneur, venture capitalist, author of The All-American Boys, lecturer, and host of the radio show Lift-off to Logic.

Vance had Jordana Brewster sit in his car...at least twice, so his car should be famous if not owned by a famous person. :biggrin:

A few years back, I was sitting in the Apple cafeteria having lunch with some friends and another group of people sat down at the same table. I didn't really pay attention to them, but as they were leaving one of my coworkers says "Hey did you notice, that was Steve Wozniak". It turns out he was sitting right beside me, and I had no idea! He's a HUGE NSX freak, owning several of them, and if I had known I would have at least start some small talk from that angle! I'm a big fan of his, so I was really kicking myself afterwards for not noticing! The NSX would have been a perfect ice-breaker! :eek:
I met Steve the Woz at an HP Tech Forum about 3 years ago. All the IT techs were wanting to talk to him about computers. I mentioned to him that I had an NSX and he was relieved that he could talk to someone about something else than computers at a computer conference!
He is a big NSX fan, and still loves the cars. He doesn't own an NSX anymore, but mentioned he really missed the sound of that intake behind his left ear. He also said he would no long fit in the NSX as he has gained a lot of weight since he owned one. Down to earth guy, easy to talk to.

If Chuck Yeager owned one...it's officially the coolest car in the world.

I dont know if this counts as famous... but my first NSX which I still have and drive ... I was third owner... has Russel Stover the candy maker's info on the owners manual....

cool, weird, and kinda boring at the same time

cool cuz.... you know how many people got laid cuz of that guy.. I dont know if there is a Mr. See's... but Stover has to be a shoe in for second there

This thread would be EPIC if we have a pic of the celebrity WITH their NSX.

Here you go, John DeLorean and his NSX. I found this on this website years ago: http://www.entermyworld.com/jzd-encounters/delorean-encounters-new-jersey-1999

DeLorean.jpg

Vance had Jordana Brewster sit in his car...at least twice, so his car should be famous if not owned by a famous person. :biggrin:

I am indeed very famous... Just google my name...lol j/k.:biggrin:

Was watching "Legendary Motors" on Velocity channel today and PK, the owner of LGM, was in North Carolina buying cars at auction. Long story short while he's getting a tour of NASCAR owner Ray Evernham's "Vault" containing his private car collection I see a Red/Black NA1 in the background as part of the collection. Of note it looked like it was the only non-US car in the collection.

Does anyone know if Michael Phelps owns a black NSX (think he's Scottsdale area)? I saw this thumbnail pic on Youtube but it could just be doctored up click bait so can't be sure (the video itself features only a few of his cars). I checked the "famous owners wiki" and he's not there but not sure how well that page is kept up-to-date.

phelps_nsx.png

Back