• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NT01 shaved tires

I am looking for a place that sells NT01 tires and can shave them. Any recommendations? Thanks Gary

It is not common to shave NT01's. I raced for a long time on Hoosier's, but practiced on NT01's. IMO, they don't need shaved unless you are running in a series where that is the top tire (based on rules) and you are trying for the last tenth.

It is not common to shave NT01's. I raced for a long time on Hoosier's, but practiced on NT01's. IMO, they don't need shaved unless you are running in a series where that is the top tire (based on rules) and you are trying for the last tenth.

Totally agree with this. Love NT01s. Never seen anyone shave them. They're fast down to the cords and love slip angle!

I used to shave my NT01's to 4/32" and they lasted for 22-24 heat cycles and were almost as quick when they corded as the very first heat cycle ( like to run 9/10th's+). I no longer shave them because my guy is no longer around to shave them. I still get 22-24 heat cycles, but they are not as quick for the last 4-6 heat cycles as the shaved ones.

Back