• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

October Monterey ALMS Event

Someone suggested that I repost the message here because they don't read the Southwest Forum anymore. If you are interetested in this event, the details are here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107994

I attended this event last year and it was absolutely spectacular. I’m planning on going to NSXPO '08, so I’ll probably miss the ALMS/Acura event this year.

Edit:

Lance,

NSXPO is the 11th-16th of September; ALMS in Monterey is the 17th-18th of October.

Last edited:
Hey Tom,
Could you describe what made the event absolutely spectacular? Did you get to circle the track with other NSXers? I'd sure like to do both but I'm leaning toward an Oregon visit--(my Alma mater is in Eugene).

Also, how often are you going to see over 100+ NSX's in the same event driving around the track together. I would love to attend the NSXPO this year, but if I don't get my radiator hoses changed out, I'm not taking a chance.

Last edited:
Also, how often are you going to see over 100+ NSX's in the same event driving around the track together.

Warning, the following is a shameless plug

You could go to NSXPO in Portland to see the 100 NSX's, and while you are there take the Hi-Performance driving school so you won't embarrass yourself when doing the parafe lap at Laguna Seca.

End of shameless plug

Thanks for the input...I realize words can't fully describe the experience, but it sure is making me crave going to both!! We'll see....:confuse

Thanks for the input...I realize words can't fully describe the experience, but it sure is making me crave going to both!! We'll see....:confuse

No need for the confusion - - - just come to both!

I made the trip out West from NY to Laguna last October and it was well worth it (I have been to 5 Acura/NSXCA sponsored ALMS races). In addition to the photos from last year at Laguna, http://photography.robertondrovic.com/gallery/3677206_5GR5v/1/210394384_QzVM2, you can see some prior NSXPO festivities on a couple of my other sites: www.nsxpo2007.net and www.nsxpo2004.com.

So after attending 5 ALMS races in two seasons and every NSXPO since and including 2001, I think I have enough experience to encourage you to have a good time at both this year.

No need for the confusion - - - just come to both!

I made the trip out West from NY to Laguna last October and it was well worth it (I have been to 5 Acura/NSXCA sponsored ALMS races). In addition to the photos from last year at Laguna, http://photography.robertondrovic.com/gallery/3677206_5GR5v/1/210394384_QzVM2, you can see some prior NSXPO festivities on a couple of my other sites: www.nsxpo2007.net and www.nsxpo2004.com.

So after attending 5 ALMS races in two seasons and every NSXPO since and including 2001, I think I have enough experience to encourage you to have a good time at both this year.

Awesome pictures. I attended NSXPO in Phoenix. Nothing like it specially the drive to Prescott with 100 + NSX in attendance. Very unforgetable experience.

I attended this event last year and it was absolutely spectacular. I’m planning on going to NSXPO '08, so I’ll probably miss the ALMS/Acura event this year.

Edit:

Lance,

NSXPO is the 11th-16th of September; ALMS in Monterey is the 17th-18th of October.

I will be staying with diffrent friends on my return trip from NSXPO to Monterey.

Lance

Hey Tom,
Could you describe what made the event absolutely spectacular? Did you get to circle the track with other NSXers? I'd sure like to do both but I'm leaning toward an Oregon visit--(my Alma mater is in Eugene).

Hi Virgil, sorry for the delayed response; I just returned from vacation. :smile: Well you heard from Tom K on this, so now a word or two from Tom G. :biggrin: First of all, the trip its self was fabulous. Our first stop was Cambria, Ca overnight, to break up the drive (we stayed a couple hundred feet from the ocean).

Then we went up beautiful Highway 1 to Monterey. We saw several groups of NSX's going through the mountains (we stopped and chatted with a group from AZ). :smile: The area around Monterey/Carmel is one of the most beautiful spots in the U.S, not mention Laguna Seca. There's lots of stuff for you and your wife to do in Monterey aside from Race stuff, i.e. the Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row fine dining, etc.

Once at the track, you will be amazed at the level of hospitality extended by NSXCA and Acura Corporate. Acura provides the huge hospitality tent, food and beverages, an awesome vantage point to view the track, our own private bleachers within the corral compound, meeting over 100 other NSX'ers, etc.

End of part 1

Time for dinner and a movie...:biggrin:

Part 2 when I get back....

M O R E P L E A S E!! Hold on.... let me grab some popcorn.......

Back