• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Alarm Problems

Hey forums, I did a search and couldn't find anything about this problem with the oem alarm. The problem is when I lock the door and the alarm sets, it will go off randomly for no apparent reason. It went off at 1 a.m. and again at 5 a.m. this morning after not seeing this problem for a couple days. I daily drive this thing and haven't been able to lock it because if it does decide to go off, I won't be near enough to go deal with it. I know that it could be the door sensors, but any help is much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
questions......

when you lock unlock the car is it with the remote?

when you lock/unlock car is it with the key in the driver door?

when you lock/unlock is it with the key in the passenger door?

it is common on ALL nsx's depending on weather/heat/cold etc. to have bad door switch they are discontinued from Honda.... but you can fix them manually.

if the alarm goes off and the key in the driver door doesn't turn it off then try to disarm the car with the passenger door this normally does the trick.

if it works then you driver door switch is bad.

try to set off alarm.... then test the key in the passenger door if it turns it off then you could have a bad switch somewhere else, trunk, engine glass, hood, targa etc.

I don't remember if someone made a thread about fixing this. its time consuming though I have done tons of them now and getting more all the time.

basically remove inside door panel, remove bose speaker, peel back the plastic find the switch cut the 2 wires, open device with a knife, clean the copper connections bend connection up higher so when its pressed back together the connections are firm, melt the case closed with a soilder iron, re soilder the 2 wires back, reinstall.

LOL

Hey forums, I did a search and couldn't find anything about this problem with the oem alarm. The problem is when I lock the door and the alarm sets, it will go off randomly for no apparent reason. It went off at 1 a.m. and again at 5 a.m. this morning after not seeing this problem for a couple days. I daily drive this thing and haven't been able to lock it because if it does decide to go off, I won't be near enough to go deal with it. I know that it could be the door sensors, but any help is much appreciated. Thanks! :)

as a quick fix until you rip into it, remove the switch next to the front hood latch, and zip tie it so it hangs out of the way, this way the alarm will never arm when you lock the doors.

as a quick fix until you rip into it, remove the switch next to the front hood latch, and zip tie it so it hangs out of the way, this way the alarm will never arm when you lock the doors.
Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to do this until I form a plan of attack on the gremlin itself.

try to set off alarm.... then test the key in the passenger door if it turns it off then you could have a bad switch somewhere else, trunk, engine glass, hood, targa etc.

I don't remember if someone made a thread about fixing this. its time consuming though I have done tons of them now and getting more all the time.

basically remove inside door panel, remove bose speaker, peel back the plastic find the switch cut the 2 wires, open device with a knife, clean the copper connections bend connection up higher so when its pressed back together the connections are firm, melt the case closed with a soilder iron, re soilder the 2 wires back, reinstall.

LOL
Oh wow that's quite a job. Thanks for telling me how to do it. If I was closer to Florida I'd just bring it in to you! ;P

Back