• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM exhaust differences from year to year?

I have an OEM exhaust and a set of OEM headers that I acquired years ago, and I would like to confirm what year NSX they actually fit. The tips look like the 95-01 exhaust tips. How can I tell the difference between 95-96 exhaust/headers and 97-01 headers/exhaust?

Thanks!
Jeff

The easy part is the manifolds the NA2 have tubular individual headers...the NA1 suffered with the yugo 3 into 1 collectors....The exhausts are the same from the can to the tips,,,,,

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/VUx9YgV"><a href="//imgur.com/a/VUx9YgV"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/kjOn0QA"><a href="//imgur.com/a/kjOn0QA"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/FONT]

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/iddro2G"><a href="//imgur.com/a/iddro2G"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/ED3tKw3"><a href="//imgur.com/a/ED3tKw3"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/8MDqXJA"><a href="//imgur.com/a/8MDqXJA"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/0FgOB6n"><a href="//imgur.com/a/0FgOB6n"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/FONT][SUB][SUP]<strike>
</strike>[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT]

2bc2cace877c8898d3b5858027b272de.jpg

correct

NA1.....I don't think those shields will work.....but I am not 100% on that

There is some unclear info here. By the looks of the pictures, the OEM manifolds and exhaust are off a 95-96. I’m 110% sure of this.

97-99 and 01-05 tubular headers are slightly different in the rear bank header. The collector is short about 20mm and that length is added to turn rear bank catalytic converter.

01-05 have the LEV cats so the cats are no equal lengths like the 95-99 cats. In my experience the 97-99 OEM exhaust and 00-01 OEM exhaust both have the slant tips but the collectors won’t line up so not interchangeable.

Back