• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM exhaust - still available new?

Is OEM exhaust still available new from Acura? Mine has the CT, but it’s one of the few things not stock and wondered if putting it back to stock would be possible.

post a wtb thread..there are so many oem exhausts laying around in guys sheds/garages ect...Aftermarket exhausts are so common..

post a wtb thread..there are so many oem exhausts laying around in guys sheds/garages ect...Aftermarket exhausts are so common..
Yeah. I figured so - just was wondering about whether new is still available. I probably should file all this under “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”. The CT already sounds mild and not too offensive and adds a little bit of aggressiveness.

Thanks.

Keep in mind that factory exhaust is HEAVY.
Good point. I was out on a cruise tonight and the CT does sound like it was made for the car. I’m just OCD about OEM but I see that there are so many with aftermarket exhaust I’ll probably just leave it alone.

Keep in mind that factory exhaust is HEAVY.

Crazy heavy. I finally got around to installing a Comptech exhaust on my NSX. I kept my factory exhaust and put in basement, what a workout carrying that thing down there.

I'm an OEM plus type of owner, I like JDM parts and some low key period correct mods. As long as they are reversible. The NSX is just so quiet, needed to wake it up.

NSX-R exhaust is louder and freer flowing. And it's OEM. :)

Still heavy as F though.

NSX-R exhaust is louder and freer flowing. And it's OEM. :)

Still heavy as F though.
I am not sure there was a specific NSX-R exhaust. In the parts catalog 18030-SL0-J00 is shown as the exhaust fitted to the NSX-R. It also is fitted to other E-NA1 chassis, however.

I recently ordered and received 18030-SL0-J00. I'll get it fitted up in a couple of weeks and see what the performance is like. It will be attached to Pride headers and Pride high-flow cats.

I am not sure there was a specific NSX-R exhaust. In the parts catalog 18030-SL0-J00 is shown as the exhaust fitted to the NSX-R. It also is fitted to other E-NA1 chassis, however.

I recently ordered and received 18030-SL0-J00. I'll get it fitted up in a couple of weeks and see what the performance is like. It will be attached to Pride headers and Pride high-flow cats.
Honda may have conformed it to other models. Like the 95 NSX-T (JDM) uses it. I was just watching the NA1 NSX-R Best Motoring special and Uehara said that the exhaust was "improved" for the R when he was discussing power with Gan San. It looks like all NA1 "regular" NSXs used the A00 version of the muffler until Frame 130000-140001, which I think roughly corresponds to 1995-ish

The NA2 cars use different versions too.

"Regular" NSX NA2 - J71
Type-S/S-Zero - J70
NA2 NSX-R - J20

Honda may have conformed it to other models. Like the 95 NSX-T (JDM) uses it. I was just watching the NA1 NSX-R Best Motoring special and Uehara said that the exhaust was "improved" for the R when he was discussing power with Gan San. It looks like all NA1 "regular" NSXs used the A00 version of the muffler until Frame 130000-140001, which I think roughly corresponds to 1995-ish

The NA2 cars use different versions too.

"Regular" NSX NA2 - J71
Type-S/S-Zero - J70
NA2 NSX-R - J20
FWIW - here is a picture of 18030-SL0-J00 for the E-NA1 NSX-R which will be going on my car soon. Perhaps the internals are different than the A00 or other versions you listed. Maybe the J00 flows better. We do know that A00 required the oval tips which all North American versions received from 1991 - 1994. Beginning in 1995 the front bank inlet was changed to a 90 curve at the cat and the cats were modified accordingly.

IMG_1537.jpg

Last edited:
FWIW - here is a picture of 18030-SL0-J00 for the E-NA1 NSX-R. Perhaps the internals are different than the A00 or other versions you listed. Maybe the J00 flows better. We do know that A00 required the oval tips which all North American versions received from 1991 - 1994. Beginning in 1995 the front bank inlet was changed to a 90 curve at the cat and the cats were modified accordingly.
That's so cool! I do believe the J00 has different internals and flows better. I feel like the 95+ cars have a slightly louder exhaust note compared to the battlestart galactica mufflers.

in agreement about oem. mine when purchased came with an after market exhaust and 2005 rims , but the sale included the orig rims and exhaust (yes heavy and sitting in storage) any other tasteful mods done to car I kept all original gem parts including the original leather skins when I put new leather skins on the seats, the led turn signals I kept the orig ones and modified the new set I purchased. the Williams radio I still have the oem working radio... just my quirkiness to hopefully have a complete oem car to a future owner if and when I decide to part with car not anytime soon , hopefully new owner will be happy to have those original parts.. I was also told by the tech at Acura dealership that when the y worked on my nc1 the parts that come from Acura for this vehicle are sealed similar to the way the bomb shelter food is stored, vacuum sealed and well preserved. his reasoning is so that these parts probably sitting on shelves for long time will still be viable long after they stop making parts ... he showed me when the parts arrived and it was impressive packaging

Anyone know how the comptech one compares to the the Taitech GT lightweight in terms of sound? I’m thinking of going to OEM or CT if I can find one.

That's so cool! I do believe the J00 has different internals and flows better. I feel like the 95+ cars have a slightly louder exhaust note compared to the battlestart galactica mufflers.
So glad I replaced my Pride exhaust with the NSX-R unit. Yes, it is heavier, however I am not chasing weight. What I really love is the lower decibel level when compared to the Pride. Nothing wrong with the Pride if you want a great sounding exhaust (especially at the upper end of the rev range), however I was looking for something less noticeable especially when you get on it.

From what I can tell the performance has not suffered and actually feels better. Maybe it is because I can drive it harder without people looking around wondering who the douche bag is with the loud exhaust.

So glad I replaced my Pride exhaust with the NSX-R unit. Yes, it is heavier, however I am not chasing weight. What I really love is the lower decibel level when compared to the Pride. Nothing wrong with the Pride if you want a great sounding exhaust (especially at the upper end of the rev range), however I was looking for something less noticeable especially when you get on it.

From what I can tell the performance has not suffered and actually feels better. Maybe it is because I can drive it harder without people looking around wondering who the douche bag is with the loud exhaust.
This post reminds me that I would like to be that douchebag you are referencing….currently have a CT, wanting to get a TI Pride V2….😁

Last edited:
This post reminds me that I would like to be that douchebag you are referencing….currently have a CT, wanting to get a TI Pride V2.
Life goals LOL. While I loved the sound on the track, it became too much driving around town. But I get that everyone is looking for something different. The Pride TI probably sounds as good as it looks.

FWIW - here is a picture of 18030-SL0-J00 for the E-NA1 NSX-R which will be going on my car soon. Perhaps the internals are different than the A00 or other versions you listed. Maybe the J00 flows better. We do know that A00 required the oval tips which all North American versions received from 1991 - 1994. Beginning in 1995 the front bank inlet was changed to a 90 curve at the cat and the cats were modified accordingly.

View attachment 178678
“Other innovations beginning in 1995 included a new and lighter exhaust system and muffler configuration for greater efficiency and lower emissions, an OBD-II onboard diagnostic system, “improvements in the Traction Control System (TCS) and newly developed fuel injectors.

Back