• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM sub

How do I tell if my sub is working.There doesn't seem to be that much bass.And I don't feel much when I put my hand under the dash where the sub is.Since this is my first NSX I can't compare.
If it's not working how do I tell if it's the sub or the amp.

How do I tell if my sub is working.There doesn't seem to be that much bass.And I don't feel much when I put my hand under the dash where the sub is.Since this is my first NSX I can't compare.
If it's not working how do I tell if it's the sub or the amp.

Its unlikely your footwell speaker amp is bad if you have a 2000 NSX but you should be able to hear it and the center speaker if it's working.

I never realized that the center speaker was on the same amp as the sub.The center speaker works so I guess that the amp is fine.

How much bass should there be.I think I have more or just as much in my prelude wit OEM sound.

There is bass but it seems to come from the door speakers.Is this possible or is there only highs from the door speakers.

The door speakers are the same size as the footwell so they do have some low frequency capabilities. That being said they are tuned so they don't have much responce at the lower end.

Again are you sure your car is completly stock? Maybe someone stuck in some generic replacment amps which is screwing up the response.

As far as i can tell its all stock

Not to many NSX in these parts.In your car if you put your hand under the dash were the sub is do you feel the bass.

Not to many NSX in these parts.In your car if you put your hand under the dash were the sub is do you feel the bass.

I don't think you will be able to feel it under the dash. You might feel somthing on the carpet with the base turned all the way up.

If you want to pull them I would be happy to test them out and make sure they are working correctly.

Back